Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty View Post
    Personally, I hated the Q. The battery lasted half a day, the phone responded so slow that things like manually dialing a number seemed to take forever, the phone would be sitting next me to silent, and then it would light up to tell me I missed a call,
    You clearly missed out on the recent MOL2 firmware update on the Q.
    as I am interested in the Q and I have been following Qusers.com. Seems the new sw update has a big effect on the battery life. Most users find the battery life improves greatly. I personally love the size of the Q and really need a better phone - but with Outlook sync'ing. I will be looking at the Q closely when it is available from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Hmmm, the Q or my Treo 700WX...

Treo. I like the Q. Make it a touch screen with WM5 and I'm in.

Until then, the 700 and I'm very happy...
    for whatever it's worth, i have owned the Treos and the Moto-Q. my most reliable and trustworthy of all of them? the Blackberry, namely the Pearl (have owned the full size ones as well).

no resets, battery issues, nor phone/bluetooth complaints. they just work.
    Can you point to any good indepth reviews of the pearl? Or any resources (like forums) that talk about it? I'm getting more intruged by it, if it had 3G I would have picked one up already. Do you know if the pearl supports bluetooth handsfree for connecting to cars?

Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    for whatever it's worth, i have owned the Treos and the Moto-Q. my most reliable and trustworthy of all of them? the Blackberry, namely the Pearl (have owned the full size ones as well).

no resets, battery issues, nor phone/bluetooth complaints. they just work.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrwulf View Post
    ..... and with 3 new PDA phones from VZW coming in the next couple months, I will be moving away from the Treo as well.
    Whoa, I missed that. What three new PDA phones are coming from VZW next couple months?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have been a long time treo user, and all the way back to the original palm pilot. I have always loved the touchscreen, and the palm os. I have finally been fed up with the poor quality of the 700p as a phone. As has been said too exahaustion in the past, it seems that in general minimal improvments have been made to the phone since the original visor phone. I am tired of people complaining about my calls. I am sure some comes from service problems, but I think a lot comes from the phone. I hate the idea of leaving palm as I have been there since the begining, especially to go to windows, but it just seems palm has left me behind. I hate the lack of improvements to the os and also the bluetooth problems.

The number one reason for the switch is the size. I am tired of always having this brick as a phone. It appears from all the news that palm has no real plans to improve the form factor. Even the 750, which is an improvement, it is still 3 years behind.
    Man do I hear you! After six months I gave up on the 700p due to bluetooth problems and lag issues. I've been using the 750v for the past two months and I love the form factor and feel. It feels much smaller than the dimensions say and it is a bit lighter than the 700p. But lately it's been driving me batty with bluetooth issues with my car and lots of little bugs (oh, you want that morning alarm to actually go off?).

I picked up a Blackberry pearl last night. I'll probably not keep it for other reasons but the bluetooth worked so well I almost cried. Everything just worked, first time, perfect. Real time signal strength updates, great connections, no crashes! I'd almost forgotten what it was like.

Palm REALLY needs to get their act together, it's clear that their major failing is that they can't implement work a darn lately. Other companies have finally recognized that the smartphone market is the one to focus on and they really starting to get their products out.

Quote Originally Posted by Erch63 View Post
    I have been a long time treo user, and all the way back to the original palm pilot. I have always loved the touchscreen, and the palm os. I have finally been fed up with the poor quality of the 700p as a phone. As has been said too exahaustion in the past, it seems that in general minimal improvments have been made to the phone since the original visor phone. I am tired of people complaining about my calls. I am sure some comes from service problems, but I think a lot comes from the phone. I hate the idea of leaving palm as I have been there since the begining, especially to go to windows, but it just seems palm has left me behind. I hate the lack of improvements to the os and also the bluetooth problems.

The number one reason for the switch is the size. I am tired of always having this brick as a phone. It appears from all the news that palm has no real plans to improve the form factor. Even the 750, which is an improvement, it is still 3 years behind.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12