1.    #1  
    Hey TC folk.

I'm looking at buying a PPC 6600. I think it would be fun to play with.... something different. I use to have a Sprint PPC 6700 and would like to know how they compare. I know:

PPC 6700
    1) EVDO
    2) Reads up to a 2 gig mini sd card, I think.
    3) WM5
    4) WiFi

But what about the 6600? I know:
    1) WM2003
    2) No EV
    3) .3 meg camera

Please tell me about the 6600.
    1) How big of an card can it read,,,1 gig?
    2) It uses full size SD cards right?
    3) Is the speaker phone as good as the 6700's?
    4) Can you get around a lot better on the net with the 6700 or was the 6600 just as good?
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    But what about the 6600? I know:
    1) WM2003
    2) No EV
    3) .3 meg camera

Please tell me about the 6600.
    1) How big of an card can it read,,,1 gig?
    2) It uses full size SD cards right?
    3) Is the speaker phone as good as the 6700's?
    4) Can you get around a lot better on the net with the 6700 or was the 6600 just as good?
    The 6600 is EVDO capable and uses full size SD cards of at least 2GB in size - maybe more). The speakerphone sound is comparable to the 6700. Other differences include size (6600 significantly larger/heavier although not thicker), and portrait oriented (verticle slider).
    from my experience owning one, the battery life is also sub-par on the 6600 part and partial due to the larger screen and electronics. the large screen is truly awesome but whose result is some serious heft and weight in pocket. would seem almost antiquated to some of the newer products out there and the sliding keyboard can become an issue if you text/email a lot.

take care
    The Sprint PPC 6600 apparently had the EVDO hardware, but Audiovox/StarCom/HTC would never come out with a firmware upgrade to make it work. It will read a 4Gb SD card.

That being said, I enjoyed mine, and I got around the battery issue by purchasing a LION.com 3000 mAh special that would go two or three days without needing a charge.

Want to buy mine? I switched to a Blackjack and I have been very pleased overall.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    I am still using my 6600 and still love it. I skipped over the 6700 and I am VERY anxiously waiting for the 6800 to be released hopefully the first of next year.

The EVDO was enabled on the VZ version but Sprint never did enable it.

As far as browsing the net.....the Sprint 6600 does not have EVDO so speed is an issue. Other than that the screen real estate would be the only other major comparison.

I agree the LION 3000 battery works great for me too. Plus if it is a really long time or unexpected excessive use, I still keep a full charged OEM battery in my bag on trips.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama View Post

Want to buy mine? I switched to a Blackjack and I have been very pleased overall.
    Cr@p I just bought one from ebay 2 hours ago for $224.00. It is suppose to be in "Perfect New Condition". I don't lnow if that means its never been used. Probably refurbished.

I hate to ask,,,,,,, How much could I have gotten yours for? And with that great 3000 huh? Ow well.....