Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will there ever be an HTC S620 for Verizon? I'm currently using a Q (And a 700w) and i like the Q... But the battery life is just not good enough..

Anyone know about a future CDMA HTC S620??.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phon...obile-Dash.htm
    The next HTC CDMA device is supposed to be the HTC Libra,which is supposed to be a WM Smartphone with a numeric keypad and a qwerty slide-out keyboard, due to drop on the 8th January 2007.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    The next HTC CDMA device is supposed to be the HTC Libra,which is supposed to be a WM Smartphone with a numeric keypad and a qwerty slide-out keyboard, due to drop on the 8th January 2007.
    Thanks for your reply.. I was aware of this device.. However, i am kind of partial to devices that have qwerty keyboards right on the device (Treo, Q, Blackberry etc)
    I dont like phones with moving and sliding parts.. Thats why the Excalibur/Dash looks so appealing to me...
    MSMobiles always speculates about a non-compete agreement between HTC and Palm regarding front-facing QWERTY PocketPC phones.

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    MSMobiles always speculates about a non-compete agreement between HTC and Palm regarding front-facing QWERTY PocketPC phones.
    Isn't the Excalibur proof that this isn't the case or do you mean on CDMA only.
    Excalibur is a Smartphone, not PocketPC phone.

Surur
    Interesting speculation.

If they could jigger pocket pc into a dash (and add a touchscreen), I'd be flyin' easy.

I went to a t-mobile island this weekend and felt the dash. *wow*
  8.    #8  
    Interesting speculation.

If they could jigger pocket pc into a dash (and add a touchscreen), I'd be flyin' easy.

I went to a t-mobile island this weekend and felt the dash. *wow*
    I actually dont want "pocket pc" on this device.. That's what my Treo is for..
    I want a secondary device (like the Excalibur) running "Smartphone"..
    Interesting theory. The Dash is T-Mo only, so basically it's not competing with Cingular's 680/750.
    The Dash is awesome, I am using it more than my 700p or 700wx. It does everything I need it to do, and it's small and slim (it feels unbelievable). EV-DO on it would be killer, EDGE on the Dash is so slow compared to either of my Treos. Having WiFi saves the Dash, and T-Mobile's coverage has gotten a lot better since I last tried them. I had a Sidekick 3 that couldn't get a signal in my house, the Dash always has service in my house.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    The Dash is awesome, I am using it more than my 700p or 700wx. It does everything I need it to do, and it's small and slim (it feels unbelievable). EV-DO on it would be killer, EDGE on the Dash is so slow compared to either of my Treos. Having WiFi saves the Dash, and T-Mobile's coverage has gotten a lot better since I last tried them. I had a Sidekick 3 that couldn't get a signal in my house, the Dash always has service in my house.
    wii want more dash impressions plz!
    I'm reviewing the Treo 680 and while I like the new "slimmer" form factor, the Dash needs to be held to truly do it justice. I'll start a new thread (don't want to hijack this one)
    Jimmie Geddes

From Jimmie's site.

This picture is just shocking! I held a Treo 750, and I thought it was actually pretty small. The difference is out of this world!

Surur
    You've got to hold a Dash to appreciate how small and thin it is. The 680 is the best feeling/smallest Treo. I just wanted to show people the difference in size between the 2 so you get a real idea. Both have pros and cons. Of course the 680 has a touchscreen, while the Dash doesn't.
    Jimmie Geddes
    yeah I saw one this weekend, it felt great. I heard the 750 has a similar soft coating. But the size was impressive. I mean, the dash imo looks big in pictures, but is actually really small and light.

i also thought the keyboard keys were real easy to press.
    I'm almost positive the 750 uses the same soft touch paint, maybe Surur can tell us. I prefer the keyboard on the Treo. It could be because I am just used to it. What's cool about the Dash is you can hold down a key to get the alt. character on the corresponding key, much like us Treo users press the blue key to get the alt character.

example you want to type the number "2" just hold down the e key and you get a 2.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I handled a co-worker's dash the other day, and I must agree that the form was amazing. I think if a 3G CDMA version came to Verizon, I would be unable to resist for that reason alone.
    I posted some more comparison shots.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/12/mo...ison-pics.html
    Jimmie Geddes
  19.    #19  
    I think if a 3G CDMA version came to Verizon, I would be unable to resist for that reason alone.
    My thoughts exactly! So, is there any chance Verizon will see such a device?????
    As for the paint on the 750 and Dash; they feel the same to me.

I really don't like the 750 as I find I can't get used to Windows Mobile PC. I used it when in Italy recently and the high speed data is nice, but sucked so much battery, I set it back to EDGE after a couple of days.

The Dash I love. It's small, light, fast enough and WM Smartphone is easier for me to use. If find it harder to type on than the Treos because the keys are closer together and I'm always hitting two at a time. I also miss being able to edit documents, but I can live with that. Another plus is that it has great battery life even with push mail.

I really like the 680 also. I'm used to PalmOS so it's very familiar. Battery life is the worst of the three devices I have now. I use this one more than the Dash for one reason. Chatter. I love Chatter and I do a lot of email. The Dash, even with Exchange mail, is just not as good for mail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast