Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dear all, it's been great to interact with you all, thank you for your help along the way. I finally gave up waiting for a next bestTreo, just bought Samsung Blackjack (Cingular) - it has a bit better functionalities, but the form factor was overwhelming reason for the switch. check it out. I will miss you, I haven't found an equivalent Samsung Blackjack community as useful.Zinan
    Yeah, I've been thinking about making the same switch. The BlackJack looks like a great option and it has been really disappointing waiting for a followup to the GSM 650 with Palm OS.
    Off to iPhone land...
    the blackjack looks awesome in person. the only thing which i do not like about the blackjack is the small screen and the lack of touchscreen
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Yup, the whole Smartphone variant of the Windows Mobile OS is a hard thing to adjust to I think ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    the blackjack looks awesome in person. the only thing which i do not like about the blackjack is the small screen and the lack of touchscreen
    I had some misgivings as well about the lack of touch screen and the small screen size, expecially since I switched from the PPC-6600 which has one of the largest screens out there. Two weeks into it, I have had absolutely no problem adjusting. The Smartphone format is a little more limited than the Pocket PC, but this too has not proven to be much of a bother. All in all, this has been a very good move.

I am pretty amused by the current letter campaign about the Treo 700P on the other forum. It is so nice to have a phone that works perfectly out of the box.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    How is the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    How is the battery life.
    Isn't the Blackjack the smartphone that Cingular sells with an extra battery?
    How is the battery life.
    It actually isn't bad, and seems to be getting better the more I use it. Maybe the batteries need to be conditioned? Anyway, it is rare for me to have to switch to the second battery, although I carry it with me just in case. I can get through most days with moderate surfing and manual e-mail checking with one battery. It isn't quite what I had with my Lion.com 3000 mAh battery on my old ppc6600, but it is still quite tolerable.
    Dont call it blackjack.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    How is the battery life.
    I was concerned about the battery life. It is not an issue at all for me. I was in the habit of plugging in the 650 every night, so now I just make sure my spare battery is plugged in every night. I have not had to change the battery during the day since I got the phone on Black Friday (hope blackberry does not sue me for saying black Friday). The one thing I missed was the mute switch until I was told of the # key shortcut (press and hold) for silent mode/normal mode.

Touch screen is not needed with the scroll wheel and numerous shortcuts.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Two questions, no actually three questions.

1, Can you run TomTom or Garmin on it?
    2. Does WM5 has an app like profiles that can turn on and off ringtones at a specific time and at a given day of the week?
    3. How do you compare this to the Q, pros and cons?

2. Does WM5 has an app like profiles that can turn on and off ringtones at a specific time and at a given day of the week?
    And, if someone is willing to share, I would like to know how it compares to the Cingular 8525.

Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650

1: I think so, but I haven't done it. 2: Don't know.
    3: One of my partners has a Q...basically the same machine, but I like the BJ's form-factor better.

I decided not to try the 8525. After lugging my trusty but bulky PPC 6600 for several years, I wanted the smaller form factor. This is really an apples and oranges comparison...the 8525 is a PPC and the BJ is a smartphone. There are serious inherant differences. In essence, the 8525 is a full-fledged PDA, and the BJ/smartphone is not. Which one will suit your needs is an individual decision.
    2. I can set my Dash's profiles to turn on/off system sounds, etc. I'm sure it's in the BlackJack as well.

I tried the BlackJack but still think the Dash feels better, has some better features mainly wifi.

My Dash compared to the Q is night and day. The Dash's battery life is superior (I can go a few days without running dry), the Q wouldn't make it more than a day. Verizon's data plans are ridiculous. The Dash has wifi (Q doesn't).
    Jimmie Geddes
    Anyone using the blackjack as tethered modem?
    Got a BlackJack? You will be RightBack..

Al
    Careful there - RIM will sue ya for using words that rhyme with black ...

Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Got a BlackJack? You will be RightBack..

Al
    Some of my sources tell me after Samsung they are going right after Crayola
    Jimmie Geddes
    LOL - I hope so - let's keep the farcical legal proceedings rolling right along ...
    They must be on crack, Jack!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast