View Poll Results: What kind of screen do you prefer: more colors, higher resolution, or larger size?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Color depth: 65,000 colors, 160x160 resolution with standard graffiti silkscreen

7 19.44%
  • Resolution: 256 colors, 320x320 resolution with standard graffiti silkscreen

26 72.22%
  • Screen size: 256 colors, 160x240 resolution (by hiding software graffiti area)

3 8.33%
  1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    With the new Sony Clie and the Handspring's Prism advancing screen resolution and color depth respectively, as well as a lot of talk about making a software-based, hidable graffiti area to increase usable screen real-estate (hey, maybe TrgPRO/Handera will make this the big selling point of their upcoming device!), I was wondering which people think is most important to them, if they had to choose: color depth (number of different possible colors per pixel), resolution (number of pixels per square inch), or screen size (how many square inches of screen space)?
    I think that another choice should have been a screen resolution of 320x480, and a color depth of 65,000.

BEN
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by BEN
    I think that another choice should have been a screen resolution of 320x480, and a color depth of 65,000.

BEN
    Isn't that just a combination of all three choices? If I offered a fourth choice, 'all of the above', it wouldn't be that interesting, since I assume everyone would choose that.
    While zillions of colors are nice, resolution directly increases the amount of data that can be displayed on the screen.
    Given the choice, I'll go with increased resolution.
    --
    SURREAL SAGE SEZ: How long is a minute depends on which side of the bathroom door you are on.
    Originally posted by BEN

BEN
    yeah, that would be cool. I can't wait for JimmyLandscape 2.0 which will let me up the resolution on the iPAQ to 320x480, and i don't do enough with images to miss the 4 bit's 12 is good for most things in my experience.
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories