Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    They only put them in a few models. The N series has a few and the E61 also is quad band.

I'm tired of the NA band 850 being left out on many of the good phones! If they truly want NA to start buying their phones on a regular basis, better correct that! But what they also like to do is sell stripped down tri-band NA versions, 850 band but no NA 3G, just Edge.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky View Post
    MacUser
    Now i'm talkn bout an upgraded E61i I think it was called...if it was wifi and 3G capable (and a few other things)...it'd be infinitely sweeter and worth a second look.
    as it is it falls a quite short of the 8525 (for me).
    I think you're thinking of the E62. E61 has 3G and Wifi.
    you know Lady Diva, the more i look at the specs of the W810i the more it starts to make sense. has all of the features most would want with the exception of a suretype/qwerty keyboard and office doc functionality (can u at least read docs/pdf?). great design but i don't think they should market it as a music player because it can do so much more.

cool little phone (i like little)
  4.    #65  
    After extensive usage of the W810i, I nominate it as best fun phone to date!!! Clear, easy to read text even on small screen. Easy texting! Great organization of phone calls. Intuitive menus. I didn't try web browsing enough, but for phone use and texting, perfect!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #66  
    Wow! Apparently some are unhappy that I like phones other than the Treo, judging by how they keep voting down this thread. Well there's nothing I can do about that. I LOVE my other phones just as much, some even more!

not sure that they're unhappy but instead maybe jealous or envious. afterall, this is TreoCentral you know.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    is the w810 capable as a calendaring pda?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Wow! Apparently some are unhappy that I like phones other than the Treo, judging by how they keep voting down this thread.
    I like this thread and your advice in it helped me choose a W810i as my daughter's Christmas present so I just voted it up

PS She really likes the phone!
  9.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    is the w810 capable as a calendaring pda?
    It has a calender but it isn't a smartphone, so the app isn't as robust. In a pinch you can use it for business if you lose your Treo(or BB, 8525, etc) and can't get a replacement quick. But really you should stick with a smartphone for the serious stuff. There are no categories to place the appointments in.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Weekend phone? I just don't get it.

Why would I not want my full contact list, access to the web and personal email, games, etc., etc., etc. My Treo is with me constantly, at work and at play. I use it to check movie listings, look up an old friend I haven't spoken to in ages, make shopping lists, surf the web or play Bejewled while waiting for a table at a restaurant, check maps and directions, and more. I'd feel lost if I switched to a "feature phone" on weekends. Heck, I use my Treo more for personal stuff than I do for work.
    I understand perfectly what you are saying as my PDA phone is always with me for exactly the same reasons you listed, especially the for personal use. But, I also have a "weekend phone" as well. I wanted a phone that if I go the beach (which we do often) I am not worried the whole time of it getting ruined (now I bring my PDA on the trip, but have the other when actually doing potentially phone risky activities). I wanted a phone that when I was doing activities that has a high potential of being dropped, i.e. working out, riding my bike, ect., that I would not just sit down and cry if my phone got smashed. I have have the LG Fusic. I added a 2 Gig memory card for MP3s. With Sprint's only line contacts, it is really easy to add contacts, which is my main concern during these short periods of not having my PDA on hand. It has EVDO with SprintTV. It is small with just enough entertainment / features while working out, etc.. that is not very expensive at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is there a Thread or something out there on One-Handed Tips?
    Here is a WM One Handed Tips thread I posted a while back:

WM Easy of Use / One Hand Tips Thread

I actually recently bought a Nokia E50 as a backup phone...plus I wanted to play with the Symbian OS as well. Overall...I really liked the phone, but the screen is microscopic and I had a hard time reading the tiny font sized letters on emails...so I sold it today. But...although I like the Palm OS a lot (and am not letting go of my 680 for daily use), I called Cingular and ordered the new Nokia N75 a couple of days ago...

We'll see if I really like the S60 OS enough to keep the phone...and also if I can stomach a flip-phone again.

I have even kicked around the idea of trying out the new Blackberry 8300 when it becomes available with Cingular/AT&T later this month...looks interesting, and not as "pimp" as the Pearl 8100 or the 8800.

I am pretty much sold out to smartphones overall...with my Treo 680 being my first "keeper"...but I like exploring new things.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
  13.    #74  
    I'm a new BB Pearl user myself. You may not like the closed RIM system unless you really need to use it(work requirement). But it works perfectly as a smartphone if you don't need to do a lot of heavy work but just email, SMS, and calls. If you do need to do heavy work, I'd stick with WM. Symbian is still a definite option, but I honestly think I'm a WM user more.

Palm OS just doesn't cut it anymore for me. How can they not have a true update in how many years??? Just increasing the decimals will only fool so many so long.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234