Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    trying this now.
    I must be missing something or just dumb but I have no option for "Edit Message"
    Where is it?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bg1260 View Post
    trying this now.
    I must be missing something or just dumb but I have no option for "Edit Message"
    Where is it?

It is within the body of the new message.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    not in any of mine.
    I am using a pop3 email account and Goodlink.
    It is in neither
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Here's a screen capture:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    This is great if I was using "Outlook Email"
    Again I am using multiple pop3 emails and Goodlink.
    I find not option for edit or any ability to cut and paste.
    This was not an issue with my Treo 600.
    The original question was reasons for one over the other.
    Right now I am anxiously waiting for the 750 while struggling with the Blackjack.
    It is a very good phone and has 3G but with out this capability it is pretty much useless for me
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    This is great if I was using "Outlook Email"
    Again I am using multiple pop3 emails and Goodlink.
    I find not option for edit or any ability to cut and paste.
    This was not an issue with my Treo 600.
    The original question was reasons for one over the other.
    Right now I am anxiously waiting for the 750 while struggling with the Blackjack.
    It is a very good phone and has 3G but with out this capability it is pretty much useless for me
    Works the same way for pop3 emails. Don't know about Goodlink.

Again, it does have this ability if you know how to use it. Again, if you want even more options, go with the program listed above. The price of the Blackjack plus the price of that software ($15) is still well below the price of the 750.

If it still isn't for you then that's your choice; however, I'm posting this so others will know the capabilities of the device from someone who is using them and are not swayed away from the device because they believe it can't do certain things that it really can.

The 3rd party app is not exactly what I'm looking for but if it works it'll be better than a non existent 750
    Even if it's free? Here's a link. There's plenty of reasons to use 3rd party apps on any PDA phone - that's one of their features. Why do you appear to be opposed to third party apps?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    jclzl, are my posts invisible or something?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    jclzl, are my posts invisible or something?
    See posts 9, 11, and 20.

This phone does work with their Xpress Mail, does it not?

How about the Bluetooth problems - have those been fixed? I read that the device doesn't switch automatically between devices, say, for example, if you had an earpiece and a car BT system, you have to do it manually.
    Hi all - I wrote the review ... I didn't know a link had been posted here or I would have stopped by earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    With average use of the phone and occasional use of the email/web, would the original battery last 3-4 days without charging?
    Battery life - I guess it all depends on how you use the device. If you're like me and you're running push email (Exchange) / pop3 (GMail - 15 minute intervals) and browsing on EDGE all the time ... 1 battery will last you about 16 hours. I get about 100 emails a day, I guess I hit about 15-20 websites a day and make 5-10 short phone calls.

If you turned off push email / pop email ... I have no idea. I've not even considered that as an option Can you even do that??!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    Doing it as we speak:

1. Select e-mail you want to forward or reply to.
    2. Click Reply for reply or Menu to Forward.
    3. New e-mail will populate and the cursor will be on a blank section to type your message.
    4. Scroll down to "Edit Message" (it is in a blue font, underlined). Select it.
    5. Original e-mail is shown and ready to be edited to your liking.
    6. Send.
    I don't see the "edit message" in a pop account ... but the original email is below the insert text area and can be edited. There is no option for copy/paste that I could find. But then I didn't look to hard. There is an "edit message" option in outlook ... but again no copy paste.

Quote Originally Posted by peegeenyc View Post
    SOOO do I get this phone or wait for the 750? what do you think?

both are 3G, windows mobile, same memory, 750 slightly faster processor. Blackjack is better res screen @ 320x240, with 750 at 240x240 but touchscreen.

blackjack comes with 2 batteries so thats not a problem.
    what are the reasons to wait for a 750 - if any?
    There's one big piece you are missing in your comparison between these two devices (ok two)...

1. The treo is going to be about twice the thickness of the BlackJAck and nearly twice the weight as well.
    BlackJack - 3.5 ounces .5" thick
    Treo 750 - 5.3 ounces .9" thick

2. The BlackJack runs WM5 Smartphone - the Treo 750 will run WM5 Pocket PC Edition. The big question here is which OS is going to be right for you. The Smartphone version is not (IMHO) a power user OS. If you need to edit/create/display documents on the fly, the BlackJack right now is not your device. The Treo (again IMHO) is going to be twice as powerful in what you can do on it ... miles closer to a laptop replacing device than the BlackJack could ever be.

------------------------------------------

With all that said ... I personally think that jlczl has every right and reason to defend this device and clarify FUD about it. I think the device (despite the battery life) is top notch and easily is more enjoyable to use than many devices I've had up until now ... including the SDA II, the 8125 and the Axim x51v.

Sorry for not addressing the bluetooth issue - I don't have anything bluetooth (well I do but nothing I've tried) since I never got into the whole "ear piece" fad. I personally think they look silly ... but again that's just IMHO ... and my car is pre-bluetooth
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netsyd View Post

I don't see the "edit message" in a pop account ... but the original email is below the insert text area and can be edited. There is no option for copy/paste that I could find. But then I didn't look to hard. There is an "edit message" option in outlook ... but again no copy paste.
    That's what I was trying to point out...............that it could be edited. That is what he was looking for:

no cut and paste capability on the Blackjack.
    For example, you are unable to selectively edit an email and send along only the info you want instead of the entire message.
    Also coming from Palm OS on a Treo 600, there is a lot of info that is contained in my notes section of a contact that is unable to be copied and pasted elswhere within the phone.
    This may not mean much to others, but for me it is essential in a "Smart Phone" device, which is what my original 600 was
    That is incorrect. You certainly CAN select what part of the e-mail you want to forward or reply to. Have you used a Blackjack?
    If you need additional cut and paste options their is a 3rd party app that adds more function. I'll look it up and post it in a little bit.
    However, he also wanted a cut and paste option. That is why a second more robust option was also offered.

Even a free option was offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Even if it's free? Here's a link.
    -------------------------------------

At any rate, their is a MAJOR failing of the Blackjack:
    Quote Originally Posted by netsyd View Post
    2. The BlackJack runs WM5 Smartphone - the Treo 750 will run WM5 Pocket PC Edition. The big question here is which OS is going to be right for you. The Smartphone version is not (IMHO) a power user OS. If you need to edit/create/display documents on the fly, the BlackJack right now is not your device. The Treo (again IMHO) is going to be twice as powerful in what you can do on it ... miles closer to a laptop replacing device than the BlackJack could ever be.
    I agree wholeheartedly, if you cannot do without this feature, do not buy this phone and wait for the TREO. That being said while I do believe the Treo is a more powerful device:
    Is the 750 a more powerful device? Yes.
    , I don't think I would qualify it as TWICE as powerful.

Am I against the Treo? NO! As a matter of fact, I probably will check out the Treo once it is released. At that point I will weigh the advantages and disadvantages of one against the other and see if the Treo is worth the extra $$$$ (I'm leaning towards thinking it's not but I haven't ruled it out). Unfortunately the Treo hasn't been released by Cingular yet, so in the meantime I'll be enjoying my Blackjack to it's fullest and helping others do that as well.
    Last edited by jlczl; 11/29/2006 at 08:54 AM.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    jlczl,

Have you had any problems with activsyng through USB? I keep getting the not connected message (yes firewall is open, USB is selected). I can sync one of the BJs on my laptop and the 2nd I could sync once or twice on the desktop then started getting the not connected error.

Other than that I think the device is nice, battery life is not an issue for me and I am in pretty consitent 3G coverage. I got them on Black Friday at the buy one get one free so for $100 each no complaints once I get activesync working right.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I had this issue yesterday.
    Samsung support had me do a hard reset and reinstall active sync.
    This corrected the communication problem.
    I received a low storage message before this occured.
    After the reset and re-sync I was OK for a couple of hours.
    I am once again at 0% storage.
    The only 3rd part app I have installed is Goodlink.
    I am trying to figure out whats going on. My 600 had all the same info with room to spare. I am trying to find out if Goodlink is somehow a larger file on Windows than Palm OS.
    I would like to say thank you for your replies concerning my "Cut and paste" issue.
    I really like the phone and I am trying to make it work for me, but it's getting a little difficult at the moment
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I had this issue yesterday.
    Samsung support had me do a hard reset and reinstall active sync.
    This corrected the communication problem.
    I received a low storage message before this occured.
    After the reset and re-sync I was OK for a couple of hours.
    I am once again at 0% storage.
    The only 3rd part app I have installed is Goodlink.
    I am trying to figure out whats going on. My 600 had all the same info with room to spare. I am trying to find out if Goodlink is somehow a larger file on Windows than Palm OS.
    I would like to say thank you for your replies concerning my "Cut and paste" issue.
    I really like the phone and I am trying to make it work for me, but it's getting a little difficult at the moment
    How did they have you performt he hard reset, and did you lose data when you did a hard reset?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Yes I reset the phone entirely back to scratch.
    Lost all data and needed to re-sync with outlook.
    The hard reset is executed by pressing the power button and the up arrow on the the pad at the same time. Follow the instructions that follow
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I haven't had the activesync issue nor the memory issue but I don't run GoodLink. Maybe that's the culprit? Cardio, do you run GoodLink on your Blackjack?

I haven't had to hard reset since I got it but I plan to soon so I can get rid of orphan files from programs I've tried and since deleted.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I haven't had the activesync issue nor the memory issue but I don't run GoodLink. Maybe that's the culprit? Cardio, do you run GoodLink on your Blackjack?

I haven't had to hard reset since I got it but I plan to soon so I can get rid of orphan files from programs I've tried and since deleted.

No, both of my Blackjacks are still pretty stock. I wanted to use them for about a week to see how they performed before adding anything so it would be easier to identify conflicts. Guess I will try a hard reset and see if that clears my activesync issue.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I'm running GL. Only had the device today so can't really report in detail -- BUT, in my GL email I can cut and paste reasonably easily using the scroll wheel and/or the d-pad plus the edit file under menu. Not as easy or intuitive as with Treo 650 because the BJ requires more button pushes. But, if that is the only difference, I can live with it due to the dramatic decrease in size/weight of device. We'll see
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    jlczl,

Have you had any problems with activsyng through USB? I keep getting the not connected message (yes firewall is open, USB is selected). I can sync one of the BJs on my laptop and the 2nd I could sync once or twice on the desktop then started getting the not connected error.

Other than that I think the device is nice, battery life is not an issue for me and I am in pretty consitent 3G coverage. I got them on Black Friday at the buy one get one free so for $100 each no complaints once I get activesync working right.

A poster on another forum suggested to download the latest version of activesync from the MS website. Downloaded latest version and all works like it should. Life is good.

Here is a website that Blackjack users may find helpful
    http://forum.blackjacksmartzone.com/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12