1.    #1  
    Thought I'd share this on here too.

Just thought I'd share these pics with anyone on the fence about getting it.

I also added a short vid clip of it using ORB streaming LIVE TV.

Enjoy!

me streaming ORB

VID
    http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/files/55/MVI_0125.AVI
    Hey....

You can have the phone. I want the box

One question, please. Did you get it with or without contract? If no contract, what was the price? They list $550 with no contract, but I wonder.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i feel like ive seen these before...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    One question, please. Did you get it with or without contract? If no contract, what was the price? They list $550 with no contract, but I wonder.
    409 with premier, no contract.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly View Post
    i feel like ive seen these before...
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    409 with premier, no contract.
    Thanks!

Then I hope they will honor the $550 for consumers.

Thanks for the pics, BTW! So it's working OK on Chicagoland Cingular?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks!

Then I hope they will honor the $550 for consumers.

Thanks for the pics, BTW! So it's working OK on Chicagoland Cingular?
    I work in the tallest building in Chicago and I get great reception. Actually, my UMTS reception BEATS by GSM reception! Its very nice. 99% of my train ride (Metra) is covered by UMTS signal too. Phenomenal.
    hmm still looks like a brick with a slide out keyboard which in my humble opinion has one place that is functional... on a desk top.

I have tried lots of slide outs... none of them ever pleased me in the least, you can have every bell and whistle, platinum edging, futuristic metal construction, dual processors, 10 gb memory, what ever you want.... it still is a brick with a slide out keyboard which in my humble opinion has no earthly place in my pocket or in my car.

I have the treo 750v.. and it is the best format out there no wonder palm has sold millions of this Treo style.. it simply is the best.. for my purposes.

the box looks nice though... have fun lugging that brick around.
    Good to hear the reception is solid on the 8525 in Chicago. My 750v seems strong as well.

Da Bears!
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    hmm still looks like a brick with a slide out keyboard which in my humble opinion has one place that is functional... on a desk top.

I have tried lots of slide outs... none of them ever pleased me in the least, you can have every bell and whistle, platinum edging, futuristic metal construction, dual processors, 10 gb memory, what ever you want.... it still is a brick with a slide out keyboard which in my humble opinion has no earthly place in my pocket or in my car.

I have the treo 750v.. and it is the best format out there no wonder palm has sold millions of this Treo style.. it simply is the best.. for my purposes.

Was it necessary to come by and crap in the thread with that tone?

All you had to say was that you prefer the Treo form factor, geez!!

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Was it necessary to come by and crap in the thread with that tone?

All you had to say was that you prefer the Treo form factor, geez!!
    Agreed. Don't be an *** to get your point across.

The 8525 may be a brick, but it's the highest tech brick I've ever seen. I'd like to see a Treo with all of the 8525's features.
    sorry if i offended you I didnt mean it
    i can type "MOM" on my Treo 750V before you get your other hand out of your pocket to slide open the keyboard.... ")
  14.    #14  

Good post, really. Would read again, A++.

Anyways, I paid $400 for my 8525. Given that I would have had to pay almost double to get the 750v right now, no thanks. As I've stated many times before, I'm just waiting on Cingular to release the 750. Then I can have BOTH and end up paying almost the same amount as I would have to with the 750v from phonesource or wherever.

In terms of size, the 8525 and the Treo 750 are roughly equivalent - and neither is a small phone. You want small? Look at the blackjack/q/dash. THOSE are small. The Treo/8125/8525 are all "bricks" by your definition.

The larger screen is nice, but I think I would still prefer the one-handed prowess of the 750. But I don't really feel the burning desire to acquire it now that I have my 8525 - I have 3G and the processor is MUCH better than the one I had in the 8125.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    Good to hear the reception is solid on the 8525 in Chicago. My 750v seems strong as well.

Da Bears!
    da Bears have no chance against da Pats ....sorry... it will be like Da bears are carrying 8525 uhhh... bricks in thier pockets trying to catch maroney..
    da Bears have no chance against da Pats ....sorry... it will be like Da bears are carrying 8525 uhhh... bricks in thier pockets trying to catch maroney..
    I sure hope they can stop him. Run D has been an issue lately.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I finally got to see these pix on my laptop. I was viewing from my Treo 750 while driving across the country (isn't mobility sweet!) for vacation this week. These are good shots. I am looking forward to getting the 8525. I am hoping a store here locally carries them.
    Brian McGuire
    New phone are like new cars they are just sweet.