Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Could it be possible that it is not a device but software? like a new OS? Palm lost control of the palm OS, and we havent heard them saying that they will use ALP? So maybe they are making their own new OS which is backwards compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    This may be a stretch but could all the problesm w/lack of fix for the 700p have something to do with Hawkins new device? I mean come on, Tarzan and Cheeta could run Palm better than these guys.

There has to be something big going on at Palm w/this new secret device and perhaps Palm has put all their energy into that and really doesnt have time for anything else including the 700p bugs. Since Michael Mace said Ed confirmed this device will be released in 2007 we know its real and maybe Palm knows this thing will be so revolutionary that we will all forget about the 700p bugs for a while till their fixed?

If this is their strategy the new device better be a big hit or it may be curtains for Palm.
    I think that you are right. It is a stretch. The last big thing was the Treo 600.

I wish that the problem were so hopeful. I think that it is more likely simple absence of leadership.

As for buying back stock, God knows it is cheap enough. The market wants RIMM, not Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    ummm... that is what I said on post #14 on this very thread. No one had conceived, discussed or written about this "mystery thing" until I mentioned it here. Now everyone is claiming they know what it is. I even submitted a poll about some 18 months back. I was the only one that voted for the Palm network choice.

It amazes me that people are re-churning my same words (4 or 5 times over in this very thread even) and presenting it as their own revelation.
    I wish I was wrong. That would be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    ummm... that is what I said on post #14 on this very thread. No one had conceived, discussed or written about this "mystery thing" until I mentioned it here. Now everyone is claiming they know what it is. I even submitted a poll about some 18 months back. I was the only one that voted for the Palm network choice.

It amazes me that people are re-churning my same words (4 or 5 times over in this very thread even) and presenting it as their own revelation.
    Please sum up what you think this new device is.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    archie... your grand premonition summarized please?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    This is for you, oh omniscient archie...

Sorry, they were out of plaques
    One of the less glamorous things that Hawkins needs to address is battery life. We already have lots of amazing functionality that is effectively limited by battery technology that is circa 1995. We need a device that is versatile, well connected, inviting to the development community, and that will run for days on a single charge of a wafer thin battery.
    "I always think of mobile computing as personal computing. This long-term vision has led us through everything ó first the organizers and now through the smart phone space. Itís like everything a personal computer is. Continue down that path. What are the implications of a world where everyone has a super high-speed Internet connection in their pocket and many gigabytes of storage, super-fast processors, audio, visual and multimedia?"

Hmmm. Personal... multimedia... requires lots of processor power, storage and data transfer? I think he might have invented YouTube
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234