1.    #1  
    I have a T650 and I want to get an unlocked Tytn. I currently have the unlimited Mediaworks or Medianet or whatever it is for 19.99 a month. With this plan, will I be able to get 3G speeds if there is coverage with my Tytn?
    You use Cingular? Get the 8525, same phone w/o the front video camera. Just released today.

And yes, that is also for 3G coverage. No extra fees
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    You use Cingular? Get the 8525, same phone w/o the front video camera. Just released today.

And yes, that is also for 3G coverage. No extra fees
    Why would you not want the video camera, unless you go places where they're not allowed, which I don't?
    Well it's not like Cingular offer video call service in their 3G service. Plus their version is cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Well it's not like Cingular offer video call service in their 3G service. Plus their version is cheaper.
    Their version...meaning their hardware, the 8525? In my case, I'd be willing to pay more for unlocked because I travel, so it appears even though I won't use the video, it may still be a better choice to get the TYTN phone, which looks to be the same phone as the 8525.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeymoves View Post
    I have a T650 and I want to get an unlocked Tytn. I currently have the unlimited Mediaworks or Medianet or whatever it is for 19.99 a month. With this plan, will I be able to get 3G speeds if there is coverage with my Tytn?
    I have the unlimited data plan with my 650 (40 bucks a month). Will I be able to use 3G if I get an 8525/TYTN for no additional charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeymoves View Post
    yes, i am doin it with no problems.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly View Post
    yes, i am doin it with no problems.
    Thanks. That's good to know.

So apparently the phones/SIM cards are interchangable except where you get into proprietary stuff like the Blackberry does, eh? For example whatever dataplan you had on your Treo should work on the TYTN.