Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Where can I get this? I have seen posting stating that it not available via FTP. Screenshots looks very nice.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thank you. I actually downloaded it to my 8525 but did not seem to work. Being that I just got this PDA I really hate to load an unstable app right now. Maybe I might just wait until there is some sort version of the MMS. What do you think?

Thank again for your help!
    It works flawlessly you should try loading it again
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    It works flawlessly you should try loading it again
    I actually loaded the wrong software before...something about a left key. Anyhow, I loaded version #2 and this thing is on the money.

As always thank you very much. You've been great! Can't wait to test this tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevfer View Post
    I actually loaded the wrong software before...something about a left key. Anyhow, I loaded version #2 and this thing is on the money.

As always thank you very much. You've been great! Can't wait to test this tomorrow!
    Looks like there is two versions of this app. One with the "SMS" softkey and the other without. I prefer the softkey as I already have a email button and the today screen plugin.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks so much. This things works exactly as how the Palm works. This is no doubt a must have!
    Thanks so much. This things works exactly as how the Palm works. This is no doubt a must have!
    I am not sure if you know, but there is also the Palm Photo Dialer as well. This works great on the 8525. It provides an easier way to dial contacts.

Download here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=Photo+Dialer
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    I am not sure if you know, but there is also the Palm Photo Dialer as well. This works great on the 8525. It provides an easier way to dial contacts.

Download here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=Photo+Dialer
    Oh yeah...that is the first think I loaded and works great! Dialing ot of contacts is cumbersome.

Thank you very much again!
    Is there any way to enlarge the size of the picture of the caller identified through the caller ID? I get a tiny little picture...would prefer a larger one!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I agree, they are small. I don't know of a way to make it larger. If you do find it let us now!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Does anyone feel its worth it to update the ROM on the 8525? If so what are the benefits? How do you find out what version you have?

thanks.
    What data speeds are you 8525 users getting and in what cities?
    Do any of you use OS X?

Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Funny you ask that. I am in NYC and get 3G all the way. But if I step into a building teh G turns into a U in a hearbeat.
    I think you mean the U turns into a G. I also find extremely rapid dropoff with UMTS inside buildings. Verizon EVDO just blows Cingular's UMTS away with actually getting it to work inside a building.

Funny you ask that. I am in NYC and get 3G all the way. But if I step into a building teh G turns into a U in a hearbeat.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You using a Blackjack or a 8525? What are the speeds indoors vs. outdoors?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I got an 8525. The speed is pretty quick, especially in 3G. Doesnt really matter if I am indoor or outdoor. But would say that outdoor is generally quicker.
    I am in Los Angeles which is not 3G yet but I am getting speeds of 180-200kbps just with Edge. I can't wait to see this thing sizzle with 3G.
    I've had the 8525 since it came out, and I'm sure glad I got it.
    How does it compare to the 750?... I don't know - haven't owned one yet.
    Thanks Palm/Cing, for dragging your feet.

All I can say; is if you want a powerhouse pda that has phone features, then get the 8525.

Oh, and even though I'm coming from POS, I love WM.

Sincerely, berd.
    Just call me Berd.
    I get the same exact speeds with both phones- 800-900 kb/sec in U areas. I have the HSDPA hack on the 750 though.

I am using my 8525 more than my 750 right now. I am unhappy with the voda ROM, hopefully when the Cingular ROM is released it will have some improvements (see the 750 forum for details), but for now the 8525 is rock solid
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast