1.    #1  
    It's released.
    You can order it online.
    And not just premier.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    Is Data Connect Unlimited, unlimited 3G, or is it just EDGE?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Data Connect Unlimited w\ Express Mail, doesn't look like theres any other option when adding it to the cart (besides the 5mb and 10mb etc.
    Anyone have one as yet?
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    I am very close to getting one, but I have another item coming and so I am holding off. Interestingly enough, I havent played with teh Blackjack but echo the comment made at Mobility Today where David said that he was moving to it from his Dash. Pretty compelling device to make someone move like that.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    This is likely a foolish question, but that's never stopped me before!

Will the various utilities I have purchased for my beloved old PPC-6600 Windows Mobile be upgradable to work on Smartphone 2005? In particular, I would hope not to have to repurchase Sprite Backup and Resco Tools among others. Has anyone else made a similar transition?
    Looks like the stores have them as well. I might check one out in person.

You can try to upgrade your software license to the WM5 Smartphone editions. I have done this for recently purchased apps. They typically honor new purchases.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama View Post
    Anyone have one as yet?
    Purchased one this morning. $299 without renewing my contract. Currently using the 8125 and returned the Dash last week. I started having problems with the keyboard on the Dash. Don't know if it was caused by pocketing the phone or just a bad unit (keys would stick when tyoing). I liked the font size of the homescreen better on the Dash but like the call quality better on the Blackjack. Overall I like the Blackjack better.
    What are your Pros/Cons thus far?
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    What are your Pros/Cons thus far?
    Here are some quick ones after using the phone for 6 hours.

Pros:
    - Fast data (dslreports 800kbit from three tests)
    - Superior sound quality
    - Scroll wheel
    - Programmable buttons
    - Like some of the customization Samsung did to WM5
    - Size (fits nice in your pocket)

Cons:
    - Proprietary charging cord
    - Send and End buttons too close to the center button (try to scroll right and hit the end button which takes you to the homescreen).
    - Large font on the homescreen so you have to scroll to see everything

Havenít had the phone long enough to comment on battery life but Samsung included two in the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens View Post
    Here are some quick ones after using the phone for 6 hours.

Pros:
    - Fast data (dslreports 800kbit from three tests)
    - Superior sound quality
    - Scroll wheel
    - Programmable buttons
    - Like some of the customization Samsung did to WM5
    - Size (fits nice in your pocket)

Cons:
    - Proprietary charging cord
    - Send and End buttons too close to the center button (try to scroll right and hit the end button which takes you to the homescreen).
    - Large font on the homescreen so you have to scroll to see everything

Haven’t had the phone long enough to comment on battery life but Samsung included two in the box.
    Sounds good. I had the Moto Q for a while and had similar pros/cons. You can change/customize the homescreen to fit your preference. A good site for homescreens. They are originally for the Q, but the OS is the same. The size might be off a little. Probably the best thing about WM5 Smartphone is the XML homescreen. Completely customizable.

http://www.kooldezine.com/Q.htm
    Brian McGuire
    I got this yesterday and I'm still not sure I'm going to keep it.

Battery life is longer than the Q but not as long as my old 650. But it comes with two batteries and a separate battery charger.

The form factor is awesome and the main body is rubberized. The 4-way control pad is too flat and you often hit send and end.

The scroll wheel is good but pressing it is a little mushy and inaccurate.

Still getting used to Windows smartphone, some organizer tasks take more clicks and others take less. SMS messaging is no where as good as the 650.

Screen is nice, and I dont really notice the smaller size. Oh and the keyboard feels nicer to type on, but doesnt register some key presses... Gotta press harder but not a huge deal.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Just got it and I LOVE IT! I have been searching for something that I can hold on to for at least a year and I hadn't found it until now. Haven't had an issue with the d-pad implementation or keyboard sluggishness that others have mentioned in the few hours I've had it.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I checked it out today at the Cingular store. It's a pretty sweet device. I found it to be very quick and responsive. The camera rocks on it. And obviously the connection speed. Really flys around the web. I like the size as well. Better then the Q. I currently have the 750, so it's going to take a great device to make me switch. I am waiting to get my hands on the 8525. I have not seen it in person. I was told they would be getting a shipment in today. No go :-(
    Brian McGuire
    I picked one up yesterday and I am extremely pleased. I admit to loosing some functionality when it comes to integrations with ACT, but it's minor and I like what I gain from the device and phone quality to live with it. I will know for sure after the first extended business trip and see how I like it on the road.
    I have both the new Cingular and the Samsung SGH-i320n

The speed and responsiveness of the unlocked i320n vs the Cingular Blackjack version is unbelievable.
    The Cingular Blackjack is so slow when compared to the i320n mainly based on the processor used.
    The i320N uses a 414Mhz processor and the blackjack uses a 220 Mhz

The difference is like two completely different phones.

I used the i320n for a month in florida and went to Vegas with it, the service everywhere was perfect. all the bars most of the time.

I know the BlackJack is quad band but really, unless you need 850 in very very specific areas, you will never need the quad over the i320n tri band.

That said, I feel the processing power outduals the G3 ability, thus the rendering of web pages are actually faster on the edge capable i320n than with the 3g enabled Blackjack, this is from my real time side by side comparison.

The i320n has a slimmer profile, (no bulge at the camera

the i320n has dual speakers and is a little better at audio volume than the blackjack

the blasck jack has a scroll wheel on the right side, the i320n does not, but the nav button on the i320n is much better than the blackjack version.

Battery life edge goes to the blackjack (because of the feeble processor)

both come with two batteries and a nifty charging system.

In my opinion, the i320n is a slightly better phone mainly due to its awsome 414 Mhz processor.
    I don't suppose anyone knows why Samsung chose to use the lesser processor in the i607? Could it be due to battery life alone? The other choices, quad band, 3G, etc, make good sense. The lack of WiFi will probably be compensated by the presence of 3G (I hope).
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    FWIW, phone quality (via bluetooth) and battery life will be the two deciding factors for me. It has to go all day on moderate to heavy use (the Q fell down here.)

Speed of the PDA portion and web browsing (i.e. page rendering) are secondary.