Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    Sounds like someone just cracked their screen and then tried everything they could to get Sprint to swap it out for free...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Sounds like someone just cracked their screen and then tried everything they could to get Sprint to swap it out for free...
    My screen cracked and Sprint did swap it out - so I guess I just dont get why there is so much sarcasm being placed on the OP and his reasons for leaving.

    Maybe if some of you were as frustrated as he is, you'd come here, vent and look for your fellow members to suport your decision too.

    Man, some of ya'll need to take your collective foots off the back of people's necks and attempt a little understanding.

    EVERYtime someone vents, there's ALWAYS a handful that come along and just arent happy until you make a person feel small. Put yourself in their place, then lets see how you act.

    For the person that made mention of the 10 minutes used to read what they considered"whining" NO ONE forced you to read in the first place. Or was your "useful" comment only meant to get a rise out of others?

    It saddens me that so much has changed on these forums. What happened? People used to actually listen to each other BEFORE they kicked them!!

    Personally, I wish the OP the best. Its his decision ....period! Who knows, maybe he'll come back to Treo or maybe, just maybe, he'll be EXTREMELY happy with T-Mobile AND his pearl!!!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  3. toofgoo's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Sounds a little like whining to me....
    Again??? Do you really feel the need to dump on anybody that doesn't like your little OS??

    Man, you provide nothing.
    Out...
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    Maybe if some of you were as frustrated as he is, you'd come here, vent and look for your fellow members to suport your decision too.
    Calling people a-holes is beyond venting, in my opinion. I tried to be nice, but truthful (with a little sarcasm thrown in).

    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    Man, some of ya'll need to take your collective foots off the back of people's necks and attempt a little understanding....
    You're right about this! (Thanks for pointing it out.)

    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    It saddens me that so much has changed on these forums. What happened? People used to actually listen to each other BEFORE they kicked them!!
    Sorry, but I felt trying to help debug the situation wouldn't have done anything to change things. I felt there was too much rage to get anything useful done.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    Personally, I wish the OP the best. Its his decision ....period! Who knows, maybe he'll come back to Treo or maybe, just maybe, he'll be EXTREMELY happy with T-Mobile AND his pearl!!!
    I wish him the best too, and as I said, we need some defectors so that Palm realizes they need to give customers a good product for their money. Clearly the 700p is frustrating even for experienced technology people. Agnok47 was among the technology literate, he was getting poor customer service, and an unsympathetic ear both from Sprint and us. I agree with his decision to bail (even though I would not make the same decision for myself). Regarding the someday possiblilty that Agnok47 were to stay in the forum or move back to a treo, I'd expect him to behave and listen to others, just the same as we should do for him. Scandalex, you're right that we should always treat others with human dignity. Thanks again for making the point.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5. #25  
    I tried a Pearl for a month. It's now sitting on my bookcase collecting dust. It is really a pain to use. (You didn't mention that the touchscreen is a plus). I also can't understand how you can say the Pearl screen in anyway compares to the Treo. Another thing Browsing sucks on a Pearl. Give it another 3 weeks my friend you'll be back to a Treo. My 700p with Chatter beats the Pearl any day of the week.

    I've been back on the Treo for about 3 weeks now and it has yet to reset.

    Just curious, have you run into the killer problem where the Pearl won't ring if it's in your pocket and you are walking down the street? I did. Apparently there is a "feature" in the pearl, that you can turn off the ringer by moving the trackball. (You can not turn off this feature, so if the trackball is rubbing in your pocket when you walk it won't ring. For me this happened over half the time).
  6. #26  
    Ah, this thread reminds me of the good old days -- a quick sideways glide from a semi-plausible topic straight into insults.
  7. toofgoo's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Ah, this thread reminds me of the good old days -- a quick sideways glide from a semi-plausible topic straight into insults.
    LOL...exactly!
    Out...
  8. toofgoo's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    My screen cracked and Sprint did swap it out - so I guess I just dont get why there is so much sarcasm being placed on the OP and his reasons for leaving.

    Maybe if some of you were as frustrated as he is, you'd come here, vent and look for your fellow members to suport your decision too.

    Man, some of ya'll need to take your collective foots off the back of people's necks and attempt a little understanding.

    EVERYtime someone vents, there's ALWAYS a handful that come along and just arent happy until you make a person feel small. Put yourself in their place, then lets see how you act.

    For the person that made mention of the 10 minutes used to read what they considered"whining" NO ONE forced you to read in the first place. Or was your "useful" comment only meant to get a rise out of others?

    It saddens me that so much has changed on these forums. What happened? People used to actually listen to each other BEFORE they kicked them!!

    Personally, I wish the OP the best. Its his decision ....period! Who knows, maybe he'll come back to Treo or maybe, just maybe, he'll be EXTREMELY happy with T-Mobile AND his pearl!!!
    Thank you, for some intelligent conversation...as far as BadAsh and his rants...well, Lemont people rise up and be heard!
    Out...
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    Just curious, have you run into the killer problem where the Pearl won't ring if it's in your pocket and you are walking down the street? I did. Apparently there is a "feature" in the pearl, that you can turn off the ringer by moving the trackball. (You can not turn off this feature, so if the trackball is rubbing in your pocket when you walk it won't ring. For me this happened over half the time).
    Unlike Palm, RIM releases software updates for bugs almost immediately after they pop up. The bug you're mentioning was fixed three weeks after release of the Pearl.

    To the OP; check out a piece of software called Berry 411. It's free and extremely useful. It may not completely replace Vindigo but it will come pretty damn close. It also has a Wikipedia plugin which should replace Ipedia.

    I know your pain, I was happy with my Berry until our company was bought out by a direct competitor to Microsoft, which swapped all of our Berrys for Treo 700P's. Not that the Treo is bad, it just doesn't fit my needs nearly as well as my 8700 did.
  10.    #30  
    thanks to all who responded.

    i'll still check out the forums for those sweet software links!

    a few more points

    1. the cracked screen should have been covered under the equip replacement plan i ordered. Sprint did not honor this

    2. suretype is much much better than i expected. i'm back to treo typing speeds on 90 percent of my words

    3. of course the screen doesn't compare in size but i'm ok with that. the device is half the weight and size. it's an acceptable compromise to me

    4. cingular's prices are out of control, and they don't have the myFaves plan which i now love

    5. I'm fine with the mobile web. It's a bit slower, but then again so is my evolving attitude toward technology. I'm slipping out of the early adopter, gotta have every feature camp and back to the gimme-something-that-just-works camp.

    Overall, i realized that I loved the idea of the treo but could get by on something offering a bit less in exchange for reliability. The bonus was shrinking the device size dramatically and boosting battery life.

    I also get T-mobile wi-fi access for my laptops at half the monthly price and all on one bill.

    The other massive benefit has been the ability to talk and use data apps simultaneously. So far, reports are that my voice quality is vastly improved, and the device itself roams onto cingular's network, so should benefit somewhat from their better coverage.

    Oh, and hands down my experience with T-Mobile customer service has been shockingly satisfying. I get a live rep within 60 seconds of calling, and they've been friendly, native english speaking and technically competent. Not having to deal with Sprint's "Jane" and her automated interpretations for three minutes has been quite the relief.

    I was definitely ranting and probably whining a bit too in my OP

    The point of the post was to get that out and share a bit of story about a long time palmOS user who's finding life without the PalmOS is just fine.

    I'm happy to answer any further Pearl vs. Treo comparison questions if anyone else is curious.

    I also put this thread in the "Other Handhelds" topic for just that reason -- not trying to start a fight. Really.

    Thanks for those who came to my defense against the fanboy flamers.
    - ag47
  11. #31  
    more power to you for giving some other device a try. as for the carrier situation, i completely understand. many of these "sprint lovers" that are attacking your post/feelings are simply defending their own choices. here in the greater metropolitan Los Angeles county you will find many (business professionals mainly) who cannot use Sprint due to their coverage being so poor. Verizon and Cingular (and now T-Mobile) users absolutely dominate in this area. For me (and for many of my colleagues) Sprint doesn't suffice in our area and their customer service has got to be one of the worst in the industry. Enough of that.

    the Pearl: yes, everything you mentioned holds water. again, my needs are met by this device. i'm also seeing others discard their heavier blackberries for this smaller one.

    glad you like it.
  12. #32  
    I've been interested in blackberry ever since the first pics of the pearl leaked. However, I was under the impression that you needed a blackberry server and that they we're really suited only for enterprises. I work in a very small company, we have an exchange server and I have no difficulty syncing wirelessly mail, contacts, etc. with activesync or versamail. Can the pearl do the same - interact directly with exchange?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov View Post
    I've been interested in blackberry ever since the first pics of the pearl leaked. However, I was under the impression that you needed a blackberry server and that they we're really suited only for enterprises. I work in a very small company, we have an exchange server and I have no difficulty syncing wirelessly mail, contacts, etc. with activesync or versamail. Can the pearl do the same - interact directly with exchange?
    i am months late but just thought to check back in.

    to get the most out of exchange syncing, i found that having the blackberry enterprise server is the best.

    I used the basic "blackberry internet service" or BIS for months, and it works fine for mail only, but not calendar and contacts.

    i've never used activesync or a windows mobile device at all, so i can't comment on how well that works.

    still happy with the pearl though.
    - ag47
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    I can't believe you went w/ the pearl, the thing is a piece. Why didn't you at least go with some windows mobile device that is at least close to fully functional?
    Huh? Are you actually saying these words??? Windows Mobile over a BB? I'm really hoping you're a teen and that music/video/games/camera on your phone is infinitely more important than a rock-solid OS and a phone that NEVER crashes. I haven't even started extolling the virtues of BES yet!
  15. #35  
    I feel your pain. My unlocked 650 with Cingular's $19.99 Medianet plan is still doing fine. But I will never upgrade to another Palm OS phone. Palm dies with my 650. It will be WM for me from there on.
  16. #36  
    Funny that this thread resurrects. I posted above that i went back to my 650. Well, now I am on a 700wx (750 to travel). I won't say that Palm OS is dead to me but the capabilities of WM are enchanting. When I use my wife's 650 if feels a trifle antique-ish.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by agnok47 View Post
    12 months per year x estimated monthly bill average of $150 = $1,800 of cash flow per year

    TIMES SEVEN YEARS!!!

    That's right. $12,600
    almost. you forgot to discount the future cash flows. at a 6% discount rate, it's about $10,050.

    other than that i feel your pain. i'm wishing more and more i picked up a bb8703e
  18. #38  
    I like my pearl as a cellphone and email unit, thats all.

    Treo 680 for everything else.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  19. #39  
    Fred...did this just occur to you? This thread is old!
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Fred...did this just occur to you? This thread is old!
    well I've been known to cause spontaneous resurrections
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions