Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been fortunate enough to get hold of a review unit of the slick new 8525. Have got some quick unboxing pics up for now, and will get some first impressions review thoughts up this evening.

Unboxing pics at:
    http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...unboxing-pics/
    It's so close!
    Just call me Berd.
    Not sure if this link has already been posted, but it's the press release from HTC's website

http://www.htc.com/03-press-061107.htm

it was posted on November 7th.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to get hold of a review unit of the slick new 8525. Have got some quick unboxing pics up for now, and will get some first impressions review thoughts up this evening.

Unboxing pics at:
    http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...unboxing-pics/
    where do you live??? maybe we can have a party or something at your house.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  5.    #5  
    Austin, Texas. It's still 80 degree summer weather here, so I'll get the BBQ going ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    where do you live??? maybe we can have a party or something at your house.
    Austin, Texas. It's still 80 degree summer weather here, so I'll get the BBQ going ...

Hey - I live in Houston, am waiting to look at the 8525 (both professionally and personally) and love BBQ! My wife is out of town...so, what's on the grill?
  7.    #7  
    Houston = good stuff - my brother used to live there.

On the grill - I guess the 8125 in a little while here ...

Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    Hey - I live in Houston, am waiting to look at the 8525 (both professionally and personally) and love BBQ! My wife is out of town...so, what's on the grill?
    Houston = good stuff - my brother used to live there.

On the grill - I guess the 8125 in a little while here ...
    you can put my razr on there also!!! how do you like the 8525 so far?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  9.    #9  
    Like it a lot so far - not disappointed. have posted some Day 1 Thoughts etc, at:
    http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...uick-thoughts/
    Like it a lot so far - not disappointed. have posted some Day 1 Thoughts etc, at:

Thanks for the 'Day 1 Thoughts'

How's the Reception and Call Quality?
    Just call me Berd.

how is the battery life been for you? hopefully you can test drive it for us this weekend.
    Naveen

Next Phone:
  12.    #12  
    My pleasure. So far, call quality is very good - from both ends (have been asking just about everyone I speak to) - and speakerphone is very crisp and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Thanks for the 'Day 1 Thoughts'

How's the Reception and Call Quality?
  13.    #13  
    Will have better answers this weekend. So far, seems like maybe not as good as the 8125 - at least not yesterday when it found some 3G (U symbol) data areas and I was doing some browsing and speed testing with it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    how is the battery life been for you? hopefully you can test drive it for us this weekend.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I am looking forward to getting one and switching from Sprint to Cingular.

One question that I haven't seen an answer to is: Are there now on-screen indicators for when caps lock and alt lock is on? I know the Treo's have this, but my 6700 doesn't and it drives me crazy (I think the 8125 had it with a reg edit that didn't work on the 6700).

Thanks,
    Jeff
  15.    #15  
    YES it does - just tested that in Messaging and PhatNotes apps - it shows a 'C' symbol for Caps, and a large . for the Shift key ...

Quote Originally Posted by jglev View Post
    I am looking forward to getting one and switching from Sprint to Cingular.

One question that I haven't seen an answer to is: Are there now on-screen indicators for when caps lock and alt lock is on? I know the Treo's have this, but my 6700 doesn't and it drives me crazy (I think the 8125 had it with a reg edit that didn't work on the 6700).

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    YES it does - just tested that in Messaging and PhatNotes apps - it shows a 'C' symbol for Caps, and a large . for the Shift key ...
    Great!!

Thanks!
    Jeff
  17.    #17  
    Have added some very brief Day 3.5 thoughts and answers to some questions - at:
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    How does it compare to the 8125 as far as speed goes? Does the new 400mhz give it a boost?
  19.    #19  
    Yes - should update my Day 3.5 posts to add that - it is much quicker and handles running a lot of 'power' apps concurrently, very nicely - e.g. PI, PhatNotes, NewsBreak, Pocket IE, Vidya Screen Capture running with no worries and switching between them with very little hesitation ...

Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    How does it compare to the 8125 as far as speed goes? Does the new 400mhz give it a boost?
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    TyTn is the first device in 10 years...(ever) that I can finally say isn't lacking in any significant area.
    The treo's ALWAYS left you frustrated.
    BUT.. battery life IS an issue.....never get close to a day out of it for this power user. I do keep the brightness full-on....in fact also use an app that keeps the screen as bright as my treos.
    I did just order a 65dollar battery with 3x the duration capacity.
    I am wondering if by chance you've used the tytn at all and how you compare the functionality difference between the front button layouts between the 2.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast