Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What does TyTn mean? thanks
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    TyTn = titan
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    Have added some very brief Day 3.5 thoughts and answers to some questions - at:
    http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...uick-thoughts/
    your reviews are great reads! thank you. are you charging the unit everyday? i think i may have to buy a battery charger for the 8525 because i always used to let my 650 run out of juice and it was a pain. if i have ptt, bluetooth, and wifi on all the time i will have to either buy teo cradles or a car charger
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  4.    #24  
    Thanks for the kind words. I will do a proper and final review sometime this week.

Charging every day = yes, pretty much. Today was a very heavy (i.e pretty typical) work day. A good number of phone call minutes, direct push mail sync, a lot of RSS feeds syncing, use of web browser and several other task / schedule tracking and note-taking apps - and I still finished the work day with around 40% - so not too bad ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    your reviews are great reads! thank you. are you charging the unit everyday? i think i may have to buy a battery charger for the 8525 because i always used to let my 650 run out of juice and it was a pain. if i have ptt, bluetooth, and wifi on all the time i will have to either buy teo cradles or a car charger
    I just bought one off ebay from someone in Texas....LOL

The only question I have for you is MicroSD or MiniSD? I saw a review that said micro, but the slot looks mini. Thanks!

And can you confirm it is AKU 3.0?
  6.    #26  
    It's Micro-SD - had to go buy a card. It is AKU 3.0 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I just bought one off ebay from someone in Texas....LOL

The only question I have for you is MicroSD or MiniSD? I saw a review that said micro, but the slot looks mini. Thanks!

And can you confirm it is AKU 3.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I will do a proper and final review sometime this week.

Charging every day = yes, pretty much. Today was a very heavy (i.e pretty typical) work day. A good number of phone call minutes, direct push mail sync, a lot of RSS feeds syncing, use of web browser and several other task / schedule tracking and note-taking apps - and I still finished the work day with around 40% - so not too bad ...

it looks like you are a total power user! awesome. i think i will probably have to charge the unit every two days because i am not that heavy a user as you are patrick. how stable has the unit been for you? any resets so far?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Does anyone have any idea when average consumers can buy this?? I'm sick of waiting!! First Oct. 29, then it was supposed to be announced Nov. 13. Nothing yet!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I read a blurb on one of the Cingular 3G pages (as few and far between as they are) that 3G phones and devices would initially ONLY be available for purchase in areas that have active 3G networks. I know my area isn't scheduled to be up and going until January...
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    Other 3G phones are being sold in Chicago. Apparently there's some hold-up with the smartphones! Also HP 6925 is only on the business site. It's not 3G, but Cingular is holding back consumers from buying newer smartphones . I have no idea why! But Cingular is really pissing me off this year!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when average consumers can buy this?? I'm sick of waiting!! First Oct. 29, then it was supposed to be announced Nov. 13. Nothing yet!

the announcement stated the 16th i believe
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman View Post
    I read a blurb on one of the Cingular 3G pages (as few and far between as they are) that 3G phones and devices would initially ONLY be available for purchase in areas that have active 3G networks. I know my area isn't scheduled to be up and going until January...
    road trip...ebay could help you then!
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    the announcement stated the 16th i believe
    I hope so, getting sick of waiting on Cingular!

14.    #34  
    Stable = VERY - one soft reset so far, and that was not a frozen or hung state, just a sort of lagging ...

it looks like you are a total power user! awesome. i think i will probably have to charge the unit every two days because i am not that heavy a user as you are patrick. how stable has the unit been for you? any resets so far?
    Can the 1st owner tell me how easy for it to connect to external audio equipment as it does not have a standard jack? Does Y cable included? or where at Cingular get get such expansion?
    patrick,
    are you using a bluetooth earpiece with your unit?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
  17.    #37  
    Not generally - but have one around somewhere and may try to test that too ...

patrick,
    are you using a bluetooth earpiece with your unit?
    The 8525 is now OFFICIALLY available at cingular.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    The 8525 is now OFFICIALLY available at cingular.com
    now i got to go round up my aluminum cans!!!!!!!!!!
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Thank goodness!!! Now to try to get it unlocked, LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12