1.    #1  
    I have been researching for alittle while the samsung sch-i730 and the biggest gripe was the outdated 2003 windows. I came across on verizon wireless website a WM 5.0 upgrade. so with this upgrade it seems the phone will now have WM 5.0 like the other ppc phones. doe this upgrade boost this phones stock in comparison to the treos, 6700's, etc.?
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    LOL - welcome to Apr 06 when the upgrade came out.

I don't know if its stock is boosted, but it remains the most powerful WM 5.0 phone on the market from a pure CPU aspect (512MHz).
    Well Sprint has the IP-830W which has the same 512MHz CPU and has WM5 pre-installed. Verizon also has an i730 which is the same as Sprint's IP-830W except that it drops the international GSM radio for a wifi one.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Well Sprint has the IP-830W which has the same 512MHz CPU and has WM5 pre-installed. Verizon also has an i730 which is the same as Sprint's IP-830W except that it drops the international GSM radio for a wifi one.
    Or you could just go with the Verizon SCH-i830 which has been available to Verizon customers since last January.

P.S. All Verizon i730s sold today have WM5.0 pre-installed too.
  5.    #5  
    April 06' huh? guess I was so wrapped up in my treo 700w to notice upgrades on other smartphones...lol. I will now go stand in the corner with my dunce cap on...lol
  6.    #6  
    the i830 looks cool but I think I could get more use from thw wifi than GSM.
  7.    #7  
    another question about this phone, is the sliding mechanism supposed to be kind of loose, or is it just by wear and tear and can it be tighthen so that the slider is more firm?
    Does anyone know if you can install a program that will allow me to use the WPA Wifi instead of only the WEP? Im new to this and just got this phone off ebay.
    I had one of these phones.

it's old now and rather out dated.

you can try searching wmexperts.com for more info,

while this forum may have some old timers familiar with your question, it is now more dedicated to the palm phones and there new webOS operating system, which have absolutely nothing to do with windows mobile.

(i bought the phone off ebay 3 years ago and never used it much because it was locked down.)

anyway, good luck!