1.    #1  
    Trying to make a decision here. I can get either with a 2 yr. contract agreement for $99 after rebates. Which will be better for basic needs such as email sync., internet access, gaming and such. I loved my Treo 650, but wasnt ready to pay the required $4*..... data package cost. I am currently with Verizon, but I'm thinking about switching to Cingular since I'll get some type of discount since I work for BellSouth. Thanks for your input.
    JB
    They let you get the E62 without data? I heard the Nokia is easier for casual users.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not sure. I'm on the phone with Cingular Wireless right now. Trying to see what the service will cost after my discount. If I got the 5MB, how much internet usage could I get in comparison to time. I'm not sure about this.....
    JB
    Neither. The answer is T-mobile and a Dash. I have one. Really nice.
  5.    #5  
    How much does T Mobile charge for their data packages? I like that phone. Looks nice.
    JB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Neither. The answer is T-mobile and a Dash. I have one. Really nice.
    I just checke dout the T-mobile site and it does not say if you can view/edit Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents. Are you able to do this on the Dash?
    I'm in almost the same boat. I am with Cingular so I cant go with a Q, although I wish it was an option. I am looking at other GSM options Dash, 680,750, i607 and the E62.

I am coming from a Treo 650 which was never a good phone due to istability an primitive phone funtions, however it was a pretty good pda. I need a better phone this time around and I heard the Nokia will fit the bill and I cant see the new Treos being that much better than the 650 in the phone dept., especially after reading some poor user reviews of the Vodafone 750.

Since I don't have T-Mobile, getting a Dash to work with Cingular will be harder and more expensive. The Samsung i607 is really sweet, but who knows when it will come out. SO that leadds me back to the E62.

I am thinking about going with the E62 for a few months until the Samsung and new Treos come out and then seeing what options I have at that time.

Let me know what you decide. Good luck.
    The Dash is 350/300/250 with no/1 year/2 year contract.

You can't edit Word/etc. documents on it. God made laptop computers for those jobs.

Lots of people on HoFo have gotten the T-Zones $5.99/month data package to work with the Dash. I would guess the $19.99 Blackberry data package would do the trick too. I have the $29.99/month data + Hotspots package because I'm a Starbucks monkey.

It's a tremendous little phone. I am however still learning the fine art of power management on this thing. I don't get the battery life out of it that I do with my Treo 650.

It has The Shiny. However in many little ways the Palm UI throws trump cards all over Windows Mobile. I suspect that in a week or two I will be much more comfortable with the WM UI.
  9.    #9  
    O.K., if I get the E62 with Cingular, what data package will I need to purchase? If its the 5MB package, how much usage will that get me a month. I'm not familiar with relating the data with the internet usage. Thanks in advance.
    JB
  10.    #10  
    What do you guys think about this statement made by magic25 on another post.

I just bought a Dash yesterday, have been an owner of an unlocked Treo 650 on T-Mobile, and the Dash is refreshingly nice. Great screen, battery life, form factor, and that wifi, which I estimate is about 2-3 times faster on my home 802.11g network than on the EDGE connection when browsing the web. By the way, on the Dash I have full access to the internet using the T-MobileWeb plan for $5.99/month using the custom proxy, 216.xxx.xxx.xxx, and wifi works too when you turn it on, so don't let the T-mobile sales rep tell you that you need the $29.99/month plan unless you need unlimited access to T-Mo's Hotspots.

Is this something I can do with Cingular if I get the E62? If so, how? Thanks!
    JB
    Quote Originally Posted by impalasscars View Post
    What do you guys think about this statement made by magic25 on another post.

I just bought a Dash yesterday, have been an owner of an unlocked Treo 650 on T-Mobile, and the Dash is refreshingly nice. Great screen, battery life, form factor, and that wifi, which I estimate is about 2-3 times faster on my home 802.11g network than on the EDGE connection when browsing the web. By the way, on the Dash I have full access to the internet using the T-MobileWeb plan for $5.99/month using the custom proxy, 216.xxx.xxx.xxx, and wifi works too when you turn it on, so don't let the T-mobile sales rep tell you that you need the $29.99/month plan unless you need unlimited access to T-Mo's Hotspots.

Is this something I can do with Cingular if I get the E62? If so, how? Thanks!
    First things first. Technical possibilities aside, I don't think Cingular has any data package at all for $5.99/month or close to it. If they don't sell it to you, you can't tinker with it. From what I know, T-Mobile and Sprint are the places to go for cheap data service, and Sprint moreso than T-Mobile. (T-Mobile may be cheaper, but it is slower).
    t-mobile coverage is the worst. everyone i know that has t-mobile swears behind it...but it's so funny when you see them trying to place a phone call...or even receive one.