1.    #1  
    I just picked up this 812t yesterday afternoon. i have to say that I like...I'm very surprised that I like it so much. I've been a palm guy for years and been with Treo since the beginning. With the wifi feature, I feel like this kicks the 650's ****. I bought this because I was unsure about picking up the TyTN. I this is a glimpse of what that phone has to offer, I'm afraid I'm in. Yes there are things that I don't like about this. But I think that I might be able to get over them hence why I am trying this on Cingular's 30 day money back guarantee program.

I was wondering if anyone out there could give me a couple of tips on replacing Outlook as the e-mail app of choice and is it possible to have threaded sms messaging like on my Treo?

The multitasking on this is awesome!!!

Thanks for the help.in advance.
    Make sure you get smartskkey (you can get it from www.xda-developers.com) or by searching on this website. you will need it in order to properly close apps and launch the start button (without pulling out a stylus). For Pocket Outlook, checkout Pocket Informant or Agendus. Also, you may want to get numlock, which will give you the numberlock and caplock icon showing in applications. you can also get that on the xda website.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply waynew73...if you think of something else I might need to know...give it to me
  4. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I just won an auction for an TyTN. I'm also coming from a 650 and will be doing a full write-up on software availability and device usability going from POS to WM5. I suspect a lot of us will be moving to WM5 in the next year...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply pkx...I suspect that you are correct in saying that a lot of us will be moving to WM5 this coming up year. I've been using this 8125 for about 2.5 days now and still like it. There are things that I don't like about it of course. Such as no threaded sms messaging. Although I think there is a 3rd party ap that I can get to resolve that. Also, I need a good e-mail program. I have been using Snappermail forever with my Treo and need something like that while I'm trying out this 8125.

I suspect that I am going to like the 8125 and then want to buy the TyTN. I'm definitely curious how it goes for you using your newly acquired TyTN.

Keep me posted.
  6. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mviana View Post
    Thanks for the reply pkx...I suspect that you are correct in saying that a lot of us will be moving to WM5 this coming up year. I've been using this 8125 for about 2.5 days now and still like it. There are things that I don't like about it of course. Such as no threaded sms messaging. Although I think there is a 3rd party ap that I can get to resolve that. Also, I need a good e-mail program. I have been using Snappermail forever with my Treo and need something like that while I'm trying out this 8125.

I suspect that I am going to like the 8125 and then want to buy the TyTN. I'm definitely curious how it goes for you using your newly acquired TyTN.

Keep me posted.

Yep, there's already a threaded sms app over at xda-developers.com forum. I'll definitely keep you posted. My Tytn should be here tomorrow afternoon.
    I am in the same boat as your guys, from treo 650 to cingular 8125. I have to admit wm5 is awesome. There are so many features that Palm OS CANNOT do it even with so many hacks and DAs.

For those devices without instant keyboard, like htc wizard, there are some programs needed to make it sweeter.

1. smartskey: holding the left softkey to launch start menu, holding the right softkey to launch ok/close. You can define the close button to real close (also you can define up to 16 programs in the exception list to only minimize).

2. Omapclocker: if your device is OMAP 180Mhz, you can use omapclocker to overclock to 264MHZ, pretty safe and it is free.

3. vjdevicelock: automatically lock up the device after power up.

4. wm5storage: make your device as USB storage. free

5. total commander: a decent file explorer.

6. UI tweaker: make the device look as you want

7. fdcsoft task manager

8. startup manager
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.