Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90
  1.    #1  
    It is REALLY nice. I have a Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on T-Mobile. I also have an SDA because I want a phone phone in order to stop hiding behind the keyboard so I will actually, y'know, like talk to people 'n stuff?

    Got the Dash. My intention is to use it to bridge the gap until the unlocked 750 comes out.

    The Dash is nice. Keyboard superior to the Treo 650. Feels great. Definitely better than the MDA keyboard. The Dash is small and light.

    Per my experience with the SDA, I thought I "needed" wifi on my phone but I didn't use it on the SDA so I don't expect to use it much on the Dash. It's nice that it's there, though.

    Per my experience with the SDA, I don't miss the touchscreen (much). But it would be nice to have.

    More later. But this is a great phone. I think Palm will feel the pinch as more phones like this come on the market priced as effectively as this. ($350 with no contract).
  2. #2  
    Cool, let us know how's the battery.
  3. #3  
    What's your dslreports data speeds?
    Just call me Berd.
  4. #4  
    Oh Yea, and the Reception, How's the Reception?
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    RF is superb. Way better than the SDA and the MDA. The Treo is as good though.

    I will do the speed test and report back.
  6.    #6  
    Speed is everywhere from 18 to 65 kbits.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Speed is everywhere from 18 to 65 kbits.
    Thanks,
    WOW! Those speeds are Blazing Fast!
    Just call me Berd.
  8. #8  
    Tasty, glad you reported on it and happy to hear that it is working out for you. Sounds like a neat device. Take care.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Cool, let us know how's the battery.
    I also have one of these. The battery is awesome. I am going on three days without a charge and I have used the phone for about 30 emails a day 30 minutes talk time a day, browsing via wifi and text messaging and I have about 21% battery life after 3 days. doing all of that on my treo 700wx I would have to charge daily.
  10. #10  
    did any of you Dash owners consider waiting for the Samsung i607? If not, can any of you out there give an opinion on one vs the other? I think I'm decided on switching to WM5 SM edition for the lightweight form factor. the i607 seems smaller, but it's not here yet, and I could probably bu a Dash now. I've heard the Dash feels great in hand, thin & rubberized back. I want to go, but am worried that when the i607 comes out I'll kick myself for getting the dash.

    I was at a conference in NYC a couple weeks ago, and an author was talking about his book "the paradox of choice". The premise is that having choice is great, but having ultimate choice is paralyzing...and makes you unable to make a decision. (Well I'm living proof of that theory as it pertains to smartphones ;-)
  11. #11  
    I just Googled the Dash and it looks really nice, what is the size comparison to the 650?
  12. #12  
    For those curious what the Dash looks like, go here

    http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/11/t...e-dash-review/

    However, its not really that new. Here's a picture of my Mrs. Dash I've had for years

    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  13. #13  
    lol without the rubbery taste.
  14. #14  
    Tasty -- have you (or anyone else) tried doing wifi Skype on the Dash ??

    the MDA was supposedly not powerful/fast enough -- is the Dash ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot View Post
    did any of you Dash owners consider waiting for the Samsung i607? If not, can any of you out there give an opinion on one vs the other? I think I'm decided on switching to WM5 SM edition for the lightweight form factor. the i607 seems smaller, but it's not here yet, and I could probably bu a Dash now. I've heard the Dash feels great in hand, thin & rubberized back. I want to go, but am worried that when the i607 comes out I'll kick myself for getting the dash.

    I was at a conference in NYC a couple weeks ago, and an author was talking about his book "the paradox of choice". The premise is that having choice is great, but having ultimate choice is paralyzing...and makes you unable to make a decision. (Well I'm living proof of that theory as it pertains to smartphones ;-)
    The I607 also looks like a nice phone. The only real functional differences would be no wifi on the i607 and no 3g on the dash. Other than that they are arguably the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I just Googled the Dash and it looks really nice, what is the size comparison to the 650?
    Dash Is the same width as the 650 and alot thinner. It feels WAY smaller in your hand and pocket.

    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Tasty -- have you (or anyone else) tried doing wifi Skype on the Dash ??

    the MDA was supposedly not powerful/fast enough -- is the Dash ??
    The Dash's processor isn't fast enough to support Skype phone calls, but does support skype messaging.
  16.    #16  
    The data speed tests from dslreports.com were not (as politely noted by Herr Berdink above) exactly overwhelming. I don't know whether to attribute that to the handset or to T-Mobile's system. Or the cold. It was cold last night in the park when I did the tests. Maybe 65 degrees. The electrons move slower at night in the cold.

    The battery completely chuffed out last night on me. But that was straight out of the box without getting fully charged. So I will give it a full charge today and see what kind of battery life I get.

    So at the moment the SIM card resides in the Treo 650 again until I have power on the Dash.

    I am having greater and greater admiration for the Palm designers as I start to acquire other handsets.

    E.g., the SIM card holder. It is so easy to get the SIM card in and out of the Treo. By contrast, the SDA hides the SIM card under the battery in a little flip-out sleeve. A pain. But the SIM card in the Dash is worse to remove. I don't know quite out to describe it except you have to take out the battery use your fingernail to lift up, then apply friction to pull it out of a semi-hidden slot. That's paraphrasing the instructions. Hideous design.

    Then of course there's the threaded SMS. Can I tell you how nice the threaded SMS is on the Treo?
  17.    #17  
    BARYE, no I have not tried Skype with this or any other phone. I haven't had a pressing urge to use it. The main place I need cost control on my mobile phone bill is on international text messages (not covered under the unlimited text message plan I have) and I don't think Skype can fix that problem for me.
  18. #18  
    The way I see it, this is a very nice alternative for people who wants the Q but doesn't want to be @ssraped by verizon's data plan. Especially if you can get it to work with TMobile's $5 data.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    The way I see it, this is a very nice alternative for people who wants the Q but doesn't want to be @ssraped by verizon's data plan. Especially if you can get it to work with TMobile's $5 data.
    Yes, for that group it would be. I might actually look into it myself if it ran WM instead of Dumbphone.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    ($350 with no contract).
    Does Tmobile let customers buy this phone wihout contract? I asked the other day and the sales guy says it is for sale with contract only.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions