Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    so I bought the dash yesterday with lowered expectations clearly knowing that it was wm smartphone and not ppc phone edition. The device does feel great and the sreen is beautiful. The stereo sound was also great.

With that said, it went back today and I'm back to the mda. Again, although I knew the smartphone OS would be less, I had no idea it was even less of a device than I thought. My intent was that the dash would be more of a blackberry use (basic outlook and a few cool things, i.e. slingplayer, etc.). However, when I started working with it and realized that even Outlook was so severely stripped down, I realized it had to go. One of my biggest pet peeves was that in the calendar app, you couldn't invite others to a meeting from the phone. That's a very basic part of Outlook. How can this be okay for even the most basic of business users. I treid some of the 3rd party apps, but none were all that great and it ticked me off that the device would be missing basic items like that. The MDA's pocket outlook may not be the greatest, but it definitely has the basics. I would have thought that Microsoft would've atleast included the same level of outlook integration in the Smartphone OS. I guess i'll just be waiting for the Tytn to make it's way either unlocked or directly to t-mobile so I can get it.
    Check out this link. It looks like there is a way to invite to meetings..

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/other...martphone.html
    Wow, very cool. Thank you. I actually took the Dash back and got the new Tytn, but a co-worker/friend of mine got the Dash so I will make sure to pass the info along to her.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    A co-worker and I have experienced the same issue with the dash: when both she and I connected the Dash to ActiveSync, we both noticed that upon disconnecting the DASH, it could no longer run direct push email sync and we saw that the problem was because the data connection could not get started. I couldn't even launch PIE. ActiveSync would say, "waiting for network." I thought at first this was related to the same issue I had with my MDA, which was that the DNS cache would get filled after a hard-wired activesync with the pc, but i don't think it is because the problem does seem to be around the data connection being disabled when you look in the comm manager. Anyone have a simmilar experience?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I know there's no Canadian carrier selling the Dash yet. Anybody have advise for the best way to order one? There's Expansys in the UK, and seem to be lots on eBay. Any reputable dealers you can point me to who could get one for me immediately?
    I bought the HTC version of the Dash (the one with the green homescreen and OS graphics). I know I can change the homescreen, but there are other HTC graphics that the phone uses elsewhere in interface (for example there is a branded HTC green bar in the phone app (even though I'm using a different homescreen).

Does anyone know how to change the HTC graphics? I thought I'd create new versions at the same sizes (of my own design) and just save them to the phone with the same name as the HTC graphics, so as to overwrite them. When I tried to do that I got an error message saying that the files were write protected, or something to that effect. Does this sound like it's something to do with the actual image files themselves, or is it where they are stored on the phone? (ie. burned into ROM on the phone makes it impossible to change?)

It really sucks if I can't change these... the HTC green graphics are hideous.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Sorry, I don't have an answer for you but I just think it's hillarious how you want to remove these colors because they're hideous while some others are looking for these files because they want the look you're trying to get rid of. You know what they say, "It's always greener on the other side of the fence!" (no pun intended).
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot View Post
    I bought the HTC version of the Dash (the one with the green homescreen and OS graphics). I know I can change the homescreen, but there are other HTC graphics that the phone uses elsewhere in interface (for example there is a branded HTC green bar in the phone app (even though I'm using a different homescreen).

Does anyone know how to change the HTC graphics? I thought I'd create new versions at the same sizes (of my own design) and just save them to the phone with the same name as the HTC graphics, so as to overwrite them. When I tried to do that I got an error message saying that the files were write protected, or something to that effect. Does this sound like it's something to do with the actual image files themselves, or is it where they are stored on the phone? (ie. burned into ROM on the phone makes it impossible to change?)

It really sucks if I can't change these... the HTC green graphics are hideous.
    You can try looking through the Moto Q forums. When I owned the Moto Q I had replaced the Verizon logo on the dialing screen with a dialing logo that displayed the number/letter combo for dialing reference.

http://www.qusers.com/forum/
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Yea, I used a Q dialer to change the dial pad on my Dash. Most Q apps/hacks work perfectly on the Dash.
    Jimmie Geddes
  9.    #89  
    Resurrecting this thread.

I bought another T-Mobile Dash off Craigslist. My 750 went back for warranty repair and I needed a phone while it is away.

Upgraded the Dash to WM6 (nice but not a huge difference over WM5).

I'm liking it. It's not as capable as the 750 but I don't care. I'm kinda tired of complicated and finicky phones. A couple of times I've reached for the stylus but for the most part I don't miss the touchscreen.

And I'm using the wifi.
    I just got a Dash through the T-Mo "Windows Mobile" promotion. I returned it after a couple of days though. I loved the form factor, the rubberized feel, the call quality, slingplayer, and the wifi. I was ok with the apps and windows in general. The main reason I sent it back was because of the high incidence of cracking LCDs. I leave my phones in my pocket all the time and I doubt the Dash would last very long esp in jeans. Since T-Mobile doesn't cover screens as a warranty repair I would have to get Asurion insurance. That's $5/mth + a $110 deductible each time.

I did not go back to my Treo 650 though. I'm carrying around a modded RAZR V3 and an iPod Nano now. The Treo stays at home and is used solely as a datebook/PDA. Calendar & Contacts are sync'ed between Treo and RAZR using Outlook as the middleman. Opera Mini is a great browser and the GMail midlet is a pretty good email client on the RAZR.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345