View Poll Results: Which features are "must have" in your next device?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • QWERTY keyboard on the front

20 66.67%
  • 320x240 VGA

18 60.00%
  • Quadband

17 56.67%
  • USA-compatible 3G

20 66.67%
  • Windows Mobile 5.0

15 50.00%
  • Touchscreen

21 70.00%
  • Bluetooth

19 63.33%
  • Wi Fi

17 56.67%
  • GPS

11 36.67%
  • Other (please post a reply)

2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    All those things with the exception of WiFi and GPS look promisingly attached to the Samsung SGH-i770 (reportedly now coming out in December). If it does get released and comes out Stateside, I am so going there from the Treo 700wx!
    DJ

"How about I take it to the next level"
  2.    #22  
    The Samsung i770 is what got me interested in asking (and surveying you all) about these features.

I was very interested in it, and still am, but can't tell whether it's actually coming, or a phantom / concept / trial balloon.

Anyway, so far, with 21 responses, from what you all said, it looks like our top five are (from most votes to least votes

1. USA-compatible 3g
    2. Touchscreen
    3. QWERY keyboard on the front (not a slide out)
    4. (Tied) 320x240 VGA and Quadband
    5. Bluetooth

Arguably these results are skewed because of the name I used for this thread (people uninterested in Quadband, for example, might not have visited/voted), but anyway, I hope we will be seeing phones (perhaps like the i770) come out soon with at least these five features, and not just one or two phones, but many to suit all tastes.

Who will make them? When will they come out?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    The (late lamented) BenQ P51 had 320 x 240 and QWERTY in its spec, so it can be done. Keep them on the list.
    Looks like the reports writing off the P51 (following the recent demise of BenQ-Siemens in Germany) were premature. Expansys say they've been told this week it is still going ahead (being a BenQ phone, not BenQ-Siemens), tho delivery is now back to Mar 07.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Looks like the reports writing off the P51 (following the recent demise of BenQ-Siemens in Germany) were premature. Expansys say they've been told this week it is still going ahead (being a BenQ phone, not BenQ-Siemens), tho delivery is now back to Mar 07.
    Thanks for the update!

According to http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/6537.html

the previous incarnation of the P51 in development (with Siemens) was "nearly identical to its P50 predecessor, the BenQ-Siemens P51 improves on the maker's first proper business phone with features including Windows Mobile 5.0, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g and even integrated GPS. Alas, despite these features and snappy performance, the device lacks support for 3G or even EDGE - but at least includes Bluetooth and a top-notch, 2.8-inch touch screen. Its thumbboard is also quite comfortable, but is difficult to use in daylight as its silkscreened keys offer virtually no contrast."

I hope the BenQ-only incarnation will have 3G for the U.S., and a more readable keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by planetpeck View Post
    The Samsung i770 is what got me interested in asking

You and me both,,,,,,
    I had high hopes for the Kyocera 8235 (it never even made it to a full fledged rumor)

Then the Samsung I505 http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i505-643.php

Then the Samsung Ihttp://sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=810&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0550

Geeeezzzzeee,,,,,,, my kingdom for a clamshell!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12