Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    It seems that Expansys has received a batch of these phones, as they are listing availability. Price is £314 UK pounds...

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=EXCALIBUR

A great smartphone and highly expected. Of course it runs Windows Mobile for Smartphone rather than the PPC version, however it's just fine for my needs (contacts, calendar, tasks, sms, email) - and with a much smaller form-factor!

Look forward to some user reviews, especially in regards to the battery, before splurging on one!
    On ebay for about 475.
    Someone buy it please . Seems to be a better option than 750 .
    Reviews
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    I just bought one, It will be here tomorrow and then I will review it!
    I'm getting the Dash (T-Mobile's version of this thing) on the 25th when it is officially released. Five days.

I've been using an SDA for the last couple of weeks. I know. No QWERTY keyboard. Y'know what? After a few days of anger I've started to like having a phone-phone in my pocket. Plus the SDA syncs to my Exchange Server. Plus if I really HAVE to burn out an email or SMS I can but it's painful enough with T9 that I just call people usually. Which was my aim in the first place--stop hiding behind a keyboard and talk to humans.

Still have (and still like) the unlocked/unbranded GSM Treo 650 with extra doo-dads. Don't know what I'll do with that if I like the Dash. Sell it probably.
    I am sooooooo excited! UPS says my Excalibur is on the truck for delivery! Woo Hoo! I think that I am more excited about the features of AKU 3 then the device itself!
    Well I got my Excalibur today. I am very impressed with it so far. This is my first "Unlocked" phone, and I have not had GSM service for very long, so there are a few things that take some getting used to. First off I had to enter in all the data settings, but now I have that set up and going. Reception seems great, along with earpiece volume. The phone is really light and thin! I can put it in my pocket and you can't even tell it is there. All the reviews that I read stated that the joggr is complicated to use. It was at first but after a couple of hours of use, I find it very easy and intuitive. The screen is AWESOME! Probably the best screen I have ever seen on a PDA phone. Well if anyone has any questions please let me know.
    I can hardly wait. I'm getting it on the 25th when T-Mobile starts selling it.
    Just wanted to see if anyone has bought a phone from egadgetdepot.com
    I want to buy an HTC S620 (Excalibur) and they say they have stock.

Looks like the website is registered to some dude in NYC.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    Well I got my Excalibur today. I am very impressed with it so far. This is my first "Unlocked" phone, and I have not had GSM service for very long, so there are a few things that take some getting used to. First off I had to enter in all the data settings, but now I have that set up and going. Reception seems great, along with earpiece volume. The phone is really light and thin! I can put it in my pocket and you can't even tell it is there. All the reviews that I read stated that the joggr is complicated to use. It was at first but after a couple of hours of use, I find it very easy and intuitive. The screen is AWESOME! Probably the best screen I have ever seen on a PDA phone. Well if anyone has any questions please let me know.
    One review I read claimed that if you lost the signal, it took 30 seconds to get back..and reception issues? How about bluetooth headset success? I was going to hold out for the Samsung i607, but I'm seriously thinking about the HTC!
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot View Post
    One review I read claimed that if you lost the signal, it took 30 seconds to get back..and reception issues? How about bluetooth headset success? I was going to hold out for the Samsung i607, but I'm seriously thinking about the HTC!
    Honestly I haven't noticed one reception problem. I have better reception on the s620 then I have ever had with any other phone I have owned. Bluetooth is awesome, no static or anything. I haven't lost the signal so I don't know how long it takes to get back.
    How is the volume?? Ringers & Earpiece Volume?
    Volume is loud enough, I do have to have it turned all the way up, but I can hear it in a car with the windows down when the volume is up. Ringers are really loud. Speakerphone isn't extremely loud but is loud enough for most occasions.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    dbarrett5381, what carrier are you on, and what data plan are you using? I want the Dash on my current T-Mobile service, currently using an unlocked Treo 650 with a voice plan along with the T-MobileWeb $5.99/month data plan to acess 99% of the web using a custom proxy. Just wondering if anyone can access the web on the Dash using the T-MobileWeb plan, and use the wifi too when needed.
    I am on cingular and using the smartphone connect plan (19.99) a month.
    dbarrett5381 where did you buy your phone, and how much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
    With this being thin, what is the likelyhood that it will break in half when it's in your pocket while trying to sit down.
    Does anyone else experience this problem? My DASH unit is amplifying microphone audio into the built in speaker. This causes any road noise or background noise to be louder than the callers audio. It’s impossible to hear callers voice. I thought I had a defective unit. I returned to the T-mobile store to exchange, but discovered the store display unit, sales person unit and another boxed unit all have the same issue.

T-mobile says this is not a known issue. How can that be? The external earpiece doesn’t have this problem, but I cannot use the external earpiece 100 percent of my calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie View Post
    Does anyone else experience this problem? My DASH unit is amplifying microphone audio into the built in speaker. This causes any road noise or background noise to be louder than the callers audio. Itís impossible to hear callers voice. I thought I had a defective unit. I returned to the T-mobile store to exchange, but discovered the store display unit, sales person unit and another boxed unit all have the same issue.

T-mobile says this is not a known issue. How can that be? The external earpiece doesnít have this problem, but I cannot use the external earpiece 100 percent of my calls.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I bought this phone yesterday from T-Mobile and I have to say it has the worst sound quality of any phone that Iíve owned. I would take the 650 over this phone without VolumeCare. I may not have the best hearing but the 8125 and 3125 sound better than this phone. I have to turn the volume up to the loudest setting and I still canít hear very well. On the 3125 I have to set it at the lowest setting. The sound quality is also very muffled. I wanted to test this phone on T-Mobile before I bought an unlocked version and used it with Cingular.

Can someone with an unlocked version try using this phone on T-Mobile and let me know if the sound quality changes?

Side note. I bought this phone yesterday and was told by T-Mobile that the data plan would take 24 hours to provision. It has now been 36 hours and still no data. I called T-Mobile and they said it can take up to 72 hours. Give me a break!!!! I canít believe that it would take that long to turn on my data. What do they need to do, go to the switching station and plug in the cables to get it up and running?!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens View Post
    I bought this phone yesterday from T-Mobile and I have to say it has the worst sound quality of any phone that Iíve owned.
    I have owned two HTC phones (XV6700, XV6600) and both of them had atrocious earpiece volume issues. I wonder if that's an HTC trend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I have owned two HTC phones (XV6700, XV6600) and both of them had atrocious earpiece volume issues. I wonder if that's an HTC trend?
    Great, just when I finally decided that THIS was going to be the phone to replace my Treo 650, I get this news. Sheeesh! (Well, I guess I should be thankful you just saved me some time & trouble ...and money).

I guess my choices now are a Treo 750V which is a (very good looking) brick by comparison to the Dash, or the Samsung i607 which isn't even out yet (neither of which have wifi to my knowledge). So close and yet so far!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast