View Poll Results: Well, what about that M105?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • M105 sucks, Handspring will dominate

32 60.38%
  • M105 sucks, this bodes ill for the handheld industry

2 3.77%
  • M105 sucks, this bodes ill for the Palm Platform

3 5.66%
  • M105 is a decent product!

16 30.19%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with your comment. We got waaaaay off-topic, and it is partly my fault.
    Originally posted by timmins
    Simply put... I am amazed at how it is his privledge to post a biased poll in any fashion he wants and we should blindly let it pass.
    I never stated anyone should "let it pass." I said he had the privilege to post what he wants, the same privilege you and I have and are exercising right now. I'm saying I don't agree that he should have to edit a post to make it non-biased if PPC, WinCE, or Palm users don't. You are quick to utilize your right of free speech (as you should be), so why shouldn't dietrichbohn feel free to post his feelings about the m105?
    At least that is what I understand from ****. It's his privledge, so "leave it alone."
    No, not "leave it alone," but rather, "get off his case, he can post what he wants."
    But, then you state it is my privledge to express my feelings and in turn I have you jumping all over wildly grabbing the reins of this discussion.
    I'm not "wildy grabbing the reins of this discussion." I'm pointing out that your complaint that the thread is biased is irrelevent to having the "intelligent discussion" you claim to desire.
    Again, I see the justice. And don't cry that the world isn't fair, so why should this place. That's b.s.,
    Why is that b.s.? Intelligent discussion has occurred amidst unfairness since the beginning of rational thinking. Why are you unable to do it?
    and if you had any respect for an intelligent exchange of ideas (in opposite of this post) you would have either kept quiet or tried to proactively produce a positive atmosphere here.
    As you did by complaining the thread wasn't fair? My intent was to point out that a biased post doesn't have to preclude intelligent, rational debate. I guess you proved me wrong.
    I can assure you that you didn't. So don't ask me to calm down when you are only adding more fuel to the fire.
    I never asked you to calm down. I just pointed out that you weren't doing your part to calm down when you were the one complaining that the thread had become heated (after you heated it up in the first place).
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    maybe you skipped over Gameboy70's post... I simply stated the same thing.

now use your rhetoric to talk yourself smarter than fact.
    maybe you skipped over Gameboy70's post... I simply stated the same thing.

now use your rhetoric to talk yourself smarter than fact.
    I'm sorry, were you the one that called dietrichbohn "childish" and then "selfish"? That's a fact. You backpedal pretty quickly. I saw Gameboy70's post just fine. Yours was nothing like it.
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    Pretty loaded poll, do you think?
    vs.

Although, I agree with you. I think you shouldn't be so heavily biased in an ALL HANDHELDS forum.

If you don't like that's fine, but to create a "slam" topic is a bit childish. And yeah, I see the last option and I could have voted that but I understand your intentions as well.
    They sound the same to you? I'm glad I didn't take the Logic class from your college.
    -Joshua
    This is ridiculuous. Now I know how you achieved over 500 posts. You probably don't have many things to tend to over the course of a work day. I could be wrong. I, in fact, am lucky to enjoy this conversation considering we deployed on Monday and today is wait and go see day. I would like to hear your excuse.

I guess the vernacular might be a little different but the concept is pretty much the same. I don't use the same tone as GameBoy, but we are addressing the same topic.
  7.    #27  

I guess the vernacular might be a little different but the concept is pretty much the same. I don't use the same tone as GameBoy, but we are addressing the same topic.
    Timmins, your criticisms have been exclusively about tone! Clearly, you are able to distinguish bewteen content and tone, and you took offense to my tone (or bias, or childishness, or selfishness, or whatever).

I've been trying to get you to speak to the content ever since your first post, and now you are telling us to ignore your tone?

Check you tone on that last one.

I'm sorry to continue this, but come on.
    This is ridiculuous. Now I know how you achieved over 500 posts. You probably don't have many things to tend to over the course of a work day. I could be wrong. I, in fact, am lucky to enjoy this conversation considering we deployed on Monday and today is wait and go see day. I would like to hear your excuse.
    How does my post count in any way affect what I'm saying? How does what I do or don't do in a day change the meaning of my argument in any way, shape, or form? I'm really happy you work hard and finally have a day off. So do I. I'm going to college full time and busting my *** at one job for 30 hours/wk and I run a route for the local shopper once a week that tops 300 miles and 5 hours. This doesn't take into consideration the fact that I'm a father and husband on top of all that. I'm able to to enjoy your crap today because I got done with my morning lab at 10 and I didn't have to go to my afternoon lab because it's review for the people who need extra help.
    Who cares if you're addressing the same topic? You and I are addressing the same topic right now: your whining and inability to have a rational conversation in light of a biased topic. That doesn't mean we're making the same points. dietrichbohn hit the nail on the head,

"Timmins, your criticisms have been exclusively about tone! Clearly, you are able to distinguish bewteen content and tone, and you took offense to my tone (or bias, or childishness, or selfishness, or whatever).

I've been trying to get you to speak to the content ever since your first post, and now you are telling us to ignore your tone?

Check you tone on that last one.

I'm sorry to continue this, but come on."
    -Joshua
    my buddies and I have been laughing at this all day.

Pardon, this was just a joke.
    hahah, did you see the rating this got?
    my buddies and I have been laughing at this all day.

Pardon, this was just a joke.
    Then that removes emotional involvement as an excuse for your poor argumentative skills.
    -Joshua
    poor argumentative skills? are you going to hide behind your email or do you actually know what you are saying?

To me, I can't imagine a college-enrolled boy can speak such nonsense when most of this was instigation.
    I am sitting here laughing harder now at how emotional you got into this. Hey kid, this is just a palm pilot.

****, you should know better.
    I am sitting here laughing harder now at how emotional you got into this. Hey kid, this is just a palm pilot.

****, you should know better.
    I take my arguing seriously, regardless of topic.

Having a wife and son severly limit who can call me "kid." If you're not over 60, you're pretentious.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 03/20/2001 at 06:43 PM.
    -Joshua
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12