Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like Samsung will be releasing the i760, a killer device aimed for Europe (tri -band and WiFi).

This is one sleek looking device.

Samsung SGH-i760 has impressive specifications, including super fast processor Intel 520 MHz, 2 megapixel camera, support for 3G (HSDPA and 3G video calling included) and of course built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5650.html
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    that looks like a fantastic device! now where do we go from here???
    Personally don't like slidephones. Other then that the specs are looking really great. And Samsung is a very good company.
    Nice
    Oops, it's a slider...
    considering that the TyTN is similar, I don't think it'll kill the Treo just like the Treo isn't killing the TyTN. I think its good to have the options available
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I don't know........THIS slider looks onehanded ready throughout.
    THe tytyn when fixed up is way more functional than I would have ever guessed.......but a quick one handed text message isn't possible.
    Doesn't look like that'd be the case here!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky View Post
    I don't know........THIS slider looks onehanded ready throughout.
    THe tytyn when fixed up is way more functional than I would have ever guessed.......but a quick one handed text message isn't possible.
    Doesn't look like that'd be the case here!
    People still buy a Treo 700w over the Samsung i730 @ VZW.
    Sliding keyboard, no sale.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    People still buy a Treo 700w over the Samsung i730 @ VZW.
    1. The i730 is a WM2003 SE device.
    2. The Treo has what I call the "iPod" factor - it may not be the best device in any one category, but it's reputation alone helps foster new sales.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Actually I'll take a bottom slider assuming it can be operated one handed. Will likely be the next treo form factor.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Actually I'll take a bottom slider assuming it can be operated one handed. Will likely be the next treo form factor.
    I disagree big time. The Samsung IP-830w's we just got suck big time. The keys are so small there is only one guy here who can type on it...we are sending them back for many reason but that is definitely one of them.

Samsung needs to realize keyboards need to be functional, not just look good.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    1. The i730 is a WM2003 SE device.
    2. The Treo has what I call the "iPod" factor - it may not be the best device in any one category, but it's reputation alone helps foster new sales.
    i have never seen the reputation of the treo sell itself. If anything it is the corporate IT people who standardize on something that is easy to support that set the standard.

We have 90% Treos and 10% BB's and the support time spent on the BES proves why we don't deploy more.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    i have never seen the reputation of the treo sell itself. If anything it is the corporate IT people who standardize on something that is easy to support that set the standard.

We have 90% Treos and 10% BB's and the support time spent on the BES proves why we don't deploy more.
    You're looking from a corporate perspective. I am talking from a individual perspective. I know a TON of people that went out and bought a Treo (Palm and WM) becuase it was popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    You're looking from a corporate perspective. I am talking from a individual perspective. I know a TON of people that went out and bought a Treo (Palm and WM) becuase it was popular.
    Samsung is a recognized name in the cell phone arena. I'm sure that plays a role.
    slider = no
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Samsung already has the SGH-i320N out. I have one, and I must say it's one of the best Windows Mobile Smartphones yet. It syncs with Exchange wirelessly, (not just email but Contacts, calendar, tasks) is quick and has a really cool form factor. Though I like Treos because they run lots of Palm OS apps, this little phone is slick. My biggest complaint? Battery life... it uses two batteries a day. But it comes with a battery container so you can use one and charge one. Windows Mobile is progressing, though I still think it has a long way to go.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts

Your experience is atypical - most blackberries are sold in a coporate environment and I think sales of the devices increased 70% last year - sales of treos are no where near (but might increase now they have basically given up on Palm OS and joined the coporate world).
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    What about TWO sliders?

http://thenokiablog.com/2006/10/07/n...mbian/#more-28
    I disagree big time. The Samsung IP-830w's we just got suck big time. The keys are so small there is only one guy here who can type on it...we are sending them back for many reason but that is definitely one of them.

Samsung needs to realize keyboards need to be functional, not just look good.
    Palm can't stick to the plain candybar 240x240 form factor forever. They're eventually gonna have to upgrade to QVGA or VGA res screens and when they do, they're most likely gonna have to use a slider form factor or come out with something very innovative to fit a larger screen and keyboard on the front of the Treo.

What are you talking about on the IP-830W's keys? They're the same size as the Treo 700 series' keys, only maybe a little more oval-ish (not as oval as the 650's tho). I have a 700WX and my new IP-830W sitting side-by-side in front of me right now and the keys are the same size. The build quality is excellent and the larger screen is great. I don't have to wait for all those developers to come out with 240x240 native versions of their apps. since a majority of them are already 240x320.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 10/11/2006 at 07:09 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast