Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Those who hate sliders, they are definitley the new in form factor. Get used to it for a while.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Those who hate sliders, they are definitley the new in form factor. Get used to it for a while.
    You know I thought the new samsung phones looked cool. So I got the D520 from Samsung. Excellent phone but I can't get used to the slider part. So mine will bes sold. There are certainly people out there that would want a slidephone. But not me anymore.
    I can live with those that slide up and down. Keyboard protection is good. It's the ones from the side and rotate the screen that have always made me hesitate before jumping on the Wizard gung-ho.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I want one! Gonna be in US?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    1. The i730 is a WM2003 SE device.
    2. The Treo has what I call the "iPod" factor - it may not be the best device in any one category, but it's reputation alone helps foster new sales.

1) The i730 comes with WM2003SE, but you have been able to upgrade to WM5 for a long time now...This is STILL the best PDAPhone out there. Its in no way obsolete.

2) I know lots of people with Treos and hate them but have to use them for work. Some people like them but you get a LOT more options on thing you can do with the i730 and it just has awesome specs.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    I disagree big time. The Samsung IP-830w's we just got suck big time. The keys are so small there is only one guy here who can type on it...we are sending them back for many reason but that is definitely one of them.

Samsung needs to realize keyboards need to be functional, not just look good.

I couldn't disagree more. The i730/i830 keyboards are perfect as far as I'm concerned. I can do 70 WPM on it with two hands, but they are FULLY one handed awesome devices. I don't want any other keyboard than the kind on the i730/i830/SGH-i760. They aren't the best out of the box, but once you tweak it and get software on it that gets your needs met they are fantastic devices! The only people I have heard who have a problem with the devices keyboards are those with really big fingers..If you're a bass player with big fingers maybe you will have a problem with the keyboard, but many people DO love that keyboard for a reason.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Palm can't stick to the plain candybar 240x240 form factor forever. They're eventually gonna have to upgrade to QVGA or VGA res screens and when they do, they're most likely gonna have to use a slider form factor or come out with something very innovative to fit a larger screen and keyboard on the front of the Treo.

What are you talking about on the IP-830W's keys? They're the same size as the Treo 700 series' keys, only maybe a little more oval-ish (not as oval as the 650's tho). I have a 700WX and my new IP-830W sitting side-by-side in front of me right now and the keys are the same size. The build quality is excellent and the larger screen is great. I don't have to wait for all those developers to come out with 240x240 native versions of their apps. since a majority of them are already 240x320.

I have no idea what ahalvor is talking about either.
    How does a thread lie dormant for almost an entire year and then come to life??? 11 and a half months between posts 24 and 25--I would be shocked if this could still be relavent in this day and age--and it might be but I am not familiar with most of the devices discussed other than the obvious Treo.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Someone probably searched for i760 since it is being released soon, Who knows
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12