1.    #1  

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/06/htc-herald-unmasked/

I am not sure about this one. I'd like to try the Hermes first, since they are similar. But do you like that the keyboard opens from the right instead of the left?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 10/08/2006 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Link wasn't clickable for some reason.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think thats the HTC Treo 680, ie a thinner version of the HTC Wizard, slightly improved, but without the next-gen technology (HSDPA/UMTS), meant to expand the market by being cheaper.

Its amazing what people who have these devices doesn't know about them. Some-one I know has an HTC Wizard, and he did not even know if his device was 3G or not. So these kind of minor improvements will find a ready market, while the techies will tend up-market to the better specified (but thicker) device.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    They say in the article they couldn't verify what radios are on the phone. Looks somewhat like a prototype model in the pics. The face is really plain. Maybe a next year release?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Other sources confirm the lack of UMTS/ HSDPA.

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3392

Surur
  5.    #5  
    That article says it's the Wizard successor because of it's features, but I still think that would be the Hermes. Why the Herald decided to take a step backward, I don't really know. Well hopefully they at least put wifi on it!

I think what HTC is trying to offer with the Herald is for those people who are currently using the Magician/Jam/Jamin/Prophet a device that lacks 3g but has a full qwerty keyboard. The Jam (and the like) were a powerful, pocketable pda phone. I had one. The only thing that I did not like about it was the lack of a keyboard. Also if you look at the comparison pictures to the jam, it is just about the same thickness of the jam, with a full qwerty keyboard. That is a amazingly thin pda with full slide out kwyboard.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I am liking it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno View Post
    I think what HTC is trying to offer with the Herald is for those people who are currently using the Magician/Jam/Jamin/Prophet a device that lacks 3g but has a full qwerty keyboard. The Jam (and the like) were a powerful, pocketable pda phone. I had one. The only thing that I did not like about it was the lack of a keyboard. Also if you look at the comparison pictures to the jam, it is just about the same thickness of the jam, with a full qwerty keyboard. That is a amazingly thin pda with full slide out kwyboard.
    The problem is 3G is almost a norm in this day and age. It's not good going backwards when HTC has, for the most part, gone forward. But if they put wifi on and offer the unlocked at a decent price, I'll forgive them.

But if they want $700 with no 3G radio, no thanks. They can't do that anymore when phones in the same price range have 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The problem is 3G is almost a norm in this day and age. It's not good going backwards when HTC has, for the most part, gone forward. But if they put wifi on and offer the unlocked at a decent price, I'll forgive them.

But if they want $700 with no 3G radio, no thanks. They can't do that anymore when phones in the same price range have 3G.

I agree with you completely. It would be a shame if they did not put 3g in it. We will see closer to the release. For now, I am lusting after the treo 750.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future