1.    #1  
    It is called the N2. Not clear if it has an HD or any built in space. Come with a 7in screen, plays video, music, has DMBTV, GPS, usb host, and sd card slot. It has better video codecs that some mp3/pmp. And it is running Windows CE 5.0 so you can add even more audio support like flac, ogg, mpeg4 and vorbis. If it comes with a built in HD that makes things even more interesting. It is also running AMD's Alchemy cpu rated at 500mhz.

http://mp3.iaudio.com/product/product_N2_feature.php
    Something tells me that only Asia may see that device.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Looks interesting but I think you're stretching it a bit to post in 'Other Handhelds'
    Maybe because the Zune was posted in here too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Well it is running windows ce so it technically can be called a 7in hand held. Besides I saw this as the most relevant place on this site. And yes word is Korea only at the moment as it has dmbtv and GPS that is designed for Korea(map I am assuming) or something along the lines. But yeah it only has like 1gig of built in space, 128mb or ram and I think SD WiFi support.
    Wow it has an AMD chip. I didn't know AMD make mobile chips. Interesting.

I defintely like it more than the Fujitsu n100 and that HP GPS/multimedia thing.

edit: sh!t TWO SD card slots?! Now I need to know how much it is!
    Between that and the Nokia Internet Tablet, I could use a man-bag!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  8.    #8  
    Yeah but there are other players that are smaller, that come with 30gig hd, run linux based os that can be customized, and also have GPS as an option still running the same AMD chip. You won't need a man-bag for the Digital Cube istation V43 with a 4.3in screen.

But why would you need a man bag if this support wifi sd cards? You would not need to use the nokia.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Yeah but there are other players that are smaller, that come with 30gig hd, run linux based os that can be customized, and also have GPS as an option still running the same AMD chip. You won't need a man-bag for the Digital Cube istation V43 with a 4.3in screen.
    What device are you talking about? The point of this gadget is slim size for a large-screened video player. I much prefer 2 SD slot over the harddrive.

However I can see using GPS and watching movie at the same time not being a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    What device are you talking about? The point of this gadget is slim size for a large-screened video player. I much prefer 2 SD slot over the harddrive.

However I can see using GPS and watching movie at the same time not being a good idea.
    bloodycape77 mentioned the Digital Cube istation V43. Google came up with some hits on it. It looks interesting

http://www.google.com/search?q=Digit...e+istation+V43
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  11.    #11  

You can't do both at the same time. Or at least some of the other Win Ce devices like this can't.
    I am talking about the Digital Cube istation V43 screen similar specs to the N2 but with a 4.3in screen, linux based os, and gps optional. No sd card slot but you can usb host a sd card slot like the picture shows. They also made an update to this product with the same specs but a little different layout and a better Navi system. It is called the T43 http://t43.i-station.co.kr/ and V43 http://v43.i-station.co.kr/
    Last edited by bloodycape77; 10/01/2006 at 03:26 PM.
    You can't do both at the same time. Or at least some of the other Win Ce devices like this can't.
    I am talking about the Digital Cube istation V43 screen similar specs to the N2 but with a 4.3in screen, linux based os, and gps optional. No sd card slot but you can usb host a sd card slot like the picture shows. They also made an update to this product with the same specs but a little different layout and a better Navi system. It is called the T43 http://t43.i-station.co.kr/ and V43 http://v43.i-station.co.kr/
    Well my point was if you are using the GPS for direction, it's too dangerous to watch the movie at the same time.

Also what this 4.3" PMP thing does is not new. I can pick up a discontinued Toshiba E800 and it does the exact same thing, 2 years ago. 4"-screen PMP is a dime a dozen. You can get a PSP to do a decent job.

And is there Linux GPS solution that's as professional as TomTom and Garmen? You can't even get TT/Garmen on WinXP, as such GPS navigation on a laptop is huge pain in the ***.
  13.    #13  
    Well my point was if you are using the GPS for direction, it's too dangerous to watch the movie at the same time.

Also what this 4.3" PMP thing does is not new. I can pick up a discontinued Toshiba E800 and it does the exact same thing, 2 years ago. 4"-screen PMP is a dime a dozen. You can get a PSP to do a decent job.

And is there Linux GPS solution that's as professional as TomTom and Garmen? You can't even get TT/Garmen on WinXP, as such GPS navigation on a laptop is huge pain in the ***.

The difference between these and the Toshiba, and the PSP is they come with a built in hd. I use do this stuff on a Audiovox Maestro but was only limited to 128mb(space on my cf card). This 4.3 in device comes with 30, and 40gig variants. You have a list of native support that you did not or do not have on a PDA, like direct VOB support meaning no conversion of video.
    You cannot watch video while using the GPS and I dunno if they let you play music and gps at the same time but I think they might. But you also have to remember this is marketed to the Korean market where a GPS device that has DMBtv is a popular. Hell electronic dictionaries that have some multimedia features are also pretty big there among the teens.

I would also like so see where 4in pmp are dime a dozen. Maybe without hds and from no name brand, but I would like you to show me where I can readily get a 4in pmp from a brick and mortar store that isn't a specialty store like Sharper Image(well best buy is staring to carry some but most are over the net).
    The difference between these and the Toshiba, and the PSP is they come with a built in hd. I use do this stuff on a Audiovox Maestro but was only limited to 128mb(space on my cf card). This 4.3 in device comes with 30, and 40gig variants. You have a list of native support that you did not or do not have on a PDA, like direct VOB support meaning no conversion of video.
    I really don't see the point of using vob on portable video. I can download a divx video from the internet faster than getting a DVD from netflix and convert it over.

You cannot watch video while using the GPS and I dunno if they let you play music and gps at the same time but I think they might. But you also have to remember this is marketed to the Korean market where a GPS device that has DMBtv is a popular. Hell electronic dictionaries that have some multimedia features are also pretty big there among the teens.
    One of the screenshot show GPS and movie at the same time. They probably don't have sue happy lawyer over there.

I would also like so see where 4in pmp are dime a dozen. Maybe without hds and from no name brand, but I would like you to show me where I can readily get a 4in pmp from a brick and mortar store that isn't a specialty store like Sharper Image(well best buy is staring to carry some but most are over the net).
    Zen Vision M? I saw it in a Virgin store. Or a Zune has a 3" screen. PSP has a 4.3" screen. In fact every PMP qualify except iPod which has a 2.5" screen.

I think HDD based PMP is going away in a couple years. Solid state should be able to replace it without any problem. Look how much more iPod nano Apple is selling compare to the large iPod.
    If Apple would just make a flash device that accepted video. The hard drive is the main reason I always hesitate over the big iPod. Or maybe I should say 2nd, because size is probably the main factor.

16.    #16  
    I really don't see the point of using vob on portable video. I can download a divx video from the internet faster than getting a DVD from netflix and convert it over.

One of the screenshot show GPS and movie at the same time. They probably don't have sue happy lawyer over there.
    Some files I have gotten over the net were in vob

And just because a screen shows it does not mean its real after all look at palms history.

And you mean Zen Vision and Zen Vision W. Again that is not really a dime a dozen. The PSP does not really count as a pmp it is called a gaming device. And the Zune is 3in not 4in. As you said "4"-screen PMP is a dime a dozen." Again the Zen Vision/W are the only mainstream 4in player on the market, that can be had a place that isn't a specialty store like Sharper Image. And yeah once flash reaches 16 or more you will actually see more devices like that. Hell more laptops will come with flash instead of an hd.
  17.    #17  
    More from cowon. http://www.iaudiophile.net/comment.php?comment.news.243

A 5in player running windows CE 5 and has HSDPA support. And a 4in regular video player base of linux just an upgrade to their current product.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Wait why does device have HSDPA suppot? I aint a phone is it?