1.    #1  
    I just went to the T-Mobile store across the street and reserved a Dash.

CW says October 16 is the release date. The ***'t mgr didn't know the exact date and said they never tell her way ahead of time to reduce the impact on sales of current inventory. But October for sure.

She showed me the Dash stuff on the T-Mobile intranet. It is definitely in the system.

No price info yet. I figure it will price like the Q since that is where it competes.

She also said that she has heard that a successor to the MDA is coming down the pipe. That is a couple of months off yet.

I will probably hang onto my Treo 650. When the 750 comes unlocked/unbranded that is what I will probably transition to.

I like a touchscreen. But I need full OTA Exhange Server sync.

OK. I don't 'need' OTA sync the way I need, say, oxygen. I want it. And it is my excuse to buy a new handset.
    I call T-Mobile today and she said the 16 at local store. here is a good link too
    http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellp...ide-205977.php
  3.    #3  
    It's bad news -- pushed to the 25th.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...e-dash-debuts/
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    I'm not sure how MSnbc can call the device "slick", at least in cosmetics. That is worst design i've seen for a phone in a while. Why all the wasted space between the keyboard and screen?
    Blackberry imitation. Too obvious. But we will see, it could still become popular.

But I do have to say, the full WM5 rules Smartphone!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Dash looks nice, and with wifi and a low price it will do well. I know I keep saying it, but if HTC did this, why didn't Palm pick this one to be the 700 series Treo, dang near everything is there to be a Treo and yet better. Ah well...

Go HTC, make the smartphone in me cry some more
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Not with Smartphone on it! The 750 will have to be it. However I do think they should have built in wifi, their lame excuse doesn't cut it! Discovered in another thread that you can use the minSD wifi card and Palm neglects to mention this. I don't get Palm sometimes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Dash looks nice
    that is one fugly device externally.

can you put some type of external storage on it? t-mo site wasnt clear.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I called a T-Mobile store near me and they told me they will have the Dash in store next week. I keep telling myself that I don't need another phone,lol. This phone looks tempting
    Jimmie Geddes
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But I do have to say, the full WM5 rules Smartphone!!
    Yep. Gotta agree, based on my experience so far with the SDA. Full WM5 rules, Smartphone drools.

For instance, you can't edit a task. You can make a new one. You can mark an old one complete. But you can't edit an existing one. Why not?