1.    #1  
    I'm impressed: http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/26/n...ne-goes-legit/

Now... if only this thing had thumboard and touchscreen...
    Doesnt need it, but I can honestly say that its the first Nokia in years that has raised my eyebrows (still wont get one lest it comes free though).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I need a keyboard, but those specs are amazing.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I was amazed when I read those specs on engadget too! Just a shame it's a Nokia! Pretty much dream hardware: 5MP camera, built-in wi-fi, GPS!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Are you sure it doesn't have touch screen? It has everything and kitchen sink! And 3.5mm jack!

How thick is this thing?
    Its as thick as the Treo (give slightly thinner maybe by .5mm - but I am not looking at the specs).

I would buy this if the slide out was QWERTY, I would even switch off Sprint to get it, and I've been with Sprint for 7 years!
    This is the first what I consider a competitive smart phone from Nokia, I am impressed.

Although it's more like a multimedia phone than a smart phone. I don't know how you write email on it.
    Write email: T9 or BT external keyboard most likely.
    Its really a good phone. Kudos to Nokia on this one. Pending software issues, and a lottery win, I'd honestly consider the American-ized version of the N95 (ahem, quad band and US UTMS is just fine).

Too bad this wont have the 40 gig hd cnet is claiming the N75 will have.
    I posted about that phone, no interest in it from TC. BUT I am interested in it. Quad band and US 3G!!! No wifi, but at least I can use it on Cingular's data, and maybe even T-Mobile's! However, we need to wait for the FCC.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I posted about that phone, no interest in it from TC. BUT I am interested in it. Quad band and US 3G!!! No wifi, but at least I can use it on Cingular's data, and maybe even T-Mobile's! However, we need to wait for the FCC.
    Why do you need to wait for FCC? You think the the imported N95 will brain cancer?
    Nokia's site said the FCC did not approve it yet.

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/expectedsoon
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Um doesn't mean you can't put a Cingular sim in it.
    I'm not completely sure, but I do suspect you may need to have FCC approval before you can sell this in the US. And the US Nokia stores probably won't carry it until it does get FCC approval. I'd rather get it directly from them anyway. At least I know where to go to get service.

As for importing, I don't know if importers can get around this, but I have an invoice from one importer where they posted the proof of FCC approval on the receipt. Makes me wonder if they can or can't. Otherwise why did they feel the need to include that?

According to the specs I've read it's not US 3G. It says 2100 UMTS, not tri-mode UMTS, or 850/1900 UMTS. Its not going to do 3G in the U.S.

FYI, the N75 is US 3G, but the N95 is not.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Bloody was talking about the N75, which is what I was responding to.

Oops, sorry!

Bloody was talking about the N75, which is what I was responding to.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

wifi is integrated.
    Not on the N75 supposedly, which is what I was referring to.