Finally!

My fiance is getting me the mighty Sony Ericsson P990i Today
    WOOOHOOOO

I can finally sync with outlook without a mediatory
    take beautiful Sony 2.0 pictures!
    talk to others in video
    Actually read Arabic in my phone

yes, I'll probably lose alot of the one handedness I know

But I preffer to use two hands on a thing that works. Treo stopped serving me the minute I tried to sync with Outolook in my new job, I don't keep up with tasks or appointments anymore. Its just a bulky phone to me now. shame
    I've been using the POS sins the 515 back in 2002

wow...

I'm getting a NEW PHONE!!!!
    Gee, I've never had a problem getting my 700p to sync with Outlook...
    It's been hit or miss on my 650...whenever it acts up I just reinstall the conduit.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

That P990i is another brick. I like the capabilities of it, but its too big. I need some type of form factor since I do use my treo as a phone heavily and I don't utilize BT. I just hate having a BT earpiece on and I think it looks stupid IMO...I guess I am old fashion even if I am not old...anyways my wife said she would change the locks on the doors if she seen me using a BT earpiece. I do agree about the issues, but I haven't had too many with my 700p...knock on wood.
    at&t iPhone3G
    ...take beautiful Sony 2.0 pictures!
    Heh
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I too think BT headsets look stupid. That's why I'm not an "always on" user. I only have it on my ear when in use; otherwise, I keep it clipped onto my shirt collar.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    I too think BT headsets look stupid. That's why I'm not an "always on" user. I only have it on my ear when in use; otherwise, I keep it clipped onto my shirt collar.
    Until we can go further than the moon...I am not wearing them in public.
    at&t iPhone3G
    What do you use while driving?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    gotta agree with kstewart on this one.....man do they look silly....functional perhaps, but definately goofy looking.....no thanks, i'll stay with the wired ear-bud type thingy....
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I went back to a wired headset for a bit but I couldn't stand the wire going all over the place. I kind of felt like I was stuck in th'90's.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    While driving I have a weird tendency to use both hands and a significant amount of attention instead of talking on the phone...
    You are somewhat of a rarity. I still see people with hands on the phone, even with the ban.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    My with wire/earbuds or I just hold the phone since in my area its not against the law yet I think since I have never been pulled over for it even when a copper sees me and I also try not to use it too much when I am driving anyways.
    at&t iPhone3G
    One of the reasons my wife said she hates them is because she thinks people are trying to show off or something. Especially when someone gets out of their Mercedes or Beamer and they have that thing in their ear. I do understand how if your job requires you to be on the phone all the time while on the road and the run...they do make sense and I can see the reasoning and as laws prohibit being on the phone while driving, but how many people are in that situation. I see women and men shopping at the supermarket with them in their ear and they aren't talkin to nobody...guess waiting for a call. I don't feel the same way my wife does...I don't like them because they look stupid thats all. If we were driving cars that huver and fly and I was aloud to carry a phaser gun...then I would look cool...LOL.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated.
    I find it funny how it has become "normal" to have one's phone be like a dog whistle for humans (heard it on some dumb TV show and it was a very good analogy).

I use the phone a lot for mai land voice but am trying not be checl mail all the time and take calls when I am speaking to someone in person. Sometimes you have to, but I am not a brain surgeon so how critical is it if I finish talking to the person I am with then see who called and check vmail. No one is going to die because I checked mail 30 minutes later.

You see it all the time - someone face to face with someone, says hold on, takes a call, ignores person in front for a bit. Or just looks down and starts doing mail. It is the equivalent of saying "My email or whoever is calling me merits my attention moreso than you".

Or at restaurants at a table with somene but on the phone or just start doinfg email. Rude - "Your company is not worth my attention".

Don't get me wrong, I dig my Treo and use it a lot. Ignoring the dog whistle is a very hard habit to break but I am trying

AS for driving, I use built in bluetooth in my Acura and love it. BUt I am trying not to talk on the phone while driving for stress and safety reasons.

I got tired of headsets, bluetooth, etc. all so I can be on the phone all the time. I love the adds "Now everplace can be a workplace". Gee thanks.
  17.    #17  
    lt became a bluetooth thread!
    anyway
    l'm writting this on the p990i now!
    this thing is awsome! real powerful. very easy. outlook sync was a sinch!
    l'm using the wi-fi in my coffee shop. bluetooth, infrared, wi-fi, 3g. the uiq os is easy, radio, business card reader, the works! and everything works great! l'm happy.
    and this thing isn't a brick. its treo 650 size but slimmer and no antenna. I'm even using the 650's case. its a logical evolution to what i had.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    My with wire/earbuds or I just hold the phone since in my area its not against the law yet I think since I have never been pulled over for it even when a copper sees me and I also try not to use it too much when I am driving anyways.
    I saw someone wearing the Boom today. That doesn't look any better than the BT headsets. Plus I see people with iPod earbuds walking all over the place. That doesn't really look exciting either, to tell you the truth. So there's no real difference between wearing a BT headset or a wired headset, in terms of appearance, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by redbelt View Post
    lt became a bluetooth thread!
    anyway
    l'm writting this on the p990i now!
    this thing is awsome! real powerful. very easy. outlook sync was a sinch!
    l'm using the wi-fi in my coffee shop. bluetooth, infrared, wi-fi, 3g. the uiq os is easy, radio, business card reader, the works! and everything works great! l'm happy.
    and this thing isn't a brick. its treo 650 size but slimmer and no antenna. I'm even using the 650's case. its a logical evolution to what i had.
    Yeah, it's pretty cool from what I've read! Too bad it's not readily available in the US. All the cool advanced phones always seem to end up elsewhere.

Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Plus it's only tri-band. Is it so hard to make it quad-band? So many cool GSM phones are only tri-band. It's so frustrating!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast