Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    why would you be without your outlook contacts? i have all of mine. no need to worry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dogbone65 View Post
    I have been watching this thread myself and have found that I would love to have normal size phone again but can't part with my outlook contacts and for goodness sake I just want a bluetooth that works. I would love the pearl but I'm at sprint and the one reason I originally changed was that they usually had the newest phones. Lately it seems like they seem to be behind. Is there any word that the pearl might make it there. Thanks
    Sprint just got the BB 8703e...do the math.
    at&t iPhone3G
    After using the BB Pearl for about 3 weeks now. I can safely say, I am no longer eagerly awaiting the treo 750. I so didnt want to like this device, but the combination of tiny size, rock solid reliabilty, and the awesome (better than anything else on the market) messaging capabilities have really impressed me. This one is a keeper for awhile.

I really think the greatest advantage that the Blackberry has over a windows mobile device is ease of use. For non-techs (probably doesnt include anybody on this board), the ability to just pick up the BB and start using it is alot easier than anything else on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    After using the BB Pearl for about 3 weeks now. I can safely say, I am no longer eagerly awaiting the treo 750. I so didnt want to like this device, but the combination of tiny size, rock solid reliabilty, and the awesome (better than anything else on the market) messaging capabilities have really impressed me. This one is a keeper for awhile.

I really think the greatest advantage that the Blackberry has over a windows mobile device is ease of use. For non-techs (probably doesnt include anybody on this board), the ability to just pick up the BB and start using it is alot easier than anything else on the market.
    It's nice to see someone feels like I do, mobileman.

I am totally with you. I have not had to reset my Pearl in at least 2 weeks, I leave the phone on 24 hours a day, no slow-downs or anything. The phone has run any and all third party software I've added to it over the past month and it never stops working perfectly.
    I, as you, feel that the BB is easier (by a far margin) than WM5 and possibly than Palm OS, for people that just don't know too much and want to just power it up and go.
    As for capabilities, the BB wins, hands down over the Treo. The bluetooth WORKS! I never have to worry about the headset not connecting to the Treo while I am driving, which happened a lot to me while using the Treo, thus making my drive that much less safe. I had to fiddle with the headset to connect it to the Treo, since I won't drive with the phone held to my ear. Also, the syncing works flawlessly. The volumes of the speakerphone and volume of the headset is better out of the box than the Treo.

I know in the past the recent announcement of the Treo 680 and possibly soon after, the 750 would have me drooling over myself and make me impatiently awaiting my new Treo purchase, I can say that I no longer care about the releases, I am looking forward to using my Pearl and maybe seeing what the soon to be released 8800 looks like.

I think the Pearl has converted me.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob View Post

I know in the past the recent announcement of the Treo 680 and possibly soon after, the 750 would have me drooling over myself and make me impatiently awaiting my new Treo purchase, I can say that I no longer care about the releases, I am looking forward to using my Pearl and maybe seeing what the soon to be released 8800 looks like.

I think the Pearl has converted me.
    I agree, I will take a hard look at the 8800 when its released. Im glad you brought up 3rd party software becuase I believe people think that none exists for the blackberry. They are very wrong. I have downloaded a bunch of apps and have decided to keep most over the past few weeks. Almost all of them are free. I have found a replacement for everything I used on the win mobile device. For example...berry411 (directory assistant - free and awesome), Berry Bloglines (rss reader -free), NFL Tracker (scoreboard for nfl in game scores -free), Yahoo Messenger - free, Google Maps - free, BBWeather (weather forecasts - free), Splash ID (password keeper - commercial), PocketDay Lists (replacement for ListPro - commercial).

Like you, I havnt turned my device off in weeks, and havnt had to reset yet.
    Just thought I would add another great thing I just discovered about my Pearl in comparison to the Treo 650:

This past weekend I went out of town for Saturday and Sunday. I forgot to pack my charger cable for the Pearl and decided to just wing it, if the battery were to run out. Well, after regular weekend usage for me, which is making a few phone calls, but receiving emails all day long, I put the phone down tonight and still have 3 out of the 5 battery bars left! I hadn't charged the phone overnight, but still had enough juice to last all day Sunday and make it home to the charger. I know that even not really making phone calls on the Treo would not have left me in a great battery position if I were to forget to pack my charger cable for a night or two away from home. This is excellent for me!
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post

That is why I call it Blackberry candy...easy as candy. Big chief overhead business gurus don't have the time to be tech savy with a treo...Blackberry fits them and their level of usage perfect giving them exactly what they need to handle things at the corporate level. All of our management team has BB's, and the ones that never have used on don't have problems diving in and utilizing it after IT passes it down to them. All of our engineering and technilogical team has Treo's or other gadgets. I also have considered converting to BB. If Sprints lineup keeps up to date with BB devices in the future I will make it eventually happen...I don't plan on leaving a carrier for a device.
    Last edited by KStewart; 10/29/2006 at 11:43 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  8.    #128  
    looks like this thread has worked some magic. glad to see some individuals giving the Pearl (and Blackberry/RIM) a chance.
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from T-Mobile UK. I've already read some comments on the keyboard in this thread but I was wondering how the recent converts got on with SureType coming from a full QWERTY?
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    The main thing I don't like about the Pearl keyboard is that when you have to dial (for example) 1-800-GET-FONE, there is intuitive way to dial those letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos View Post
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from T-Mobile UK. I've already read some comments on the keyboard in this thread but I was wondering how the recent converts got on with SureType coming from a full QWERTY?
    I think it takes some getting used to, but now that a have some experience, I think its great. It gets almost every word right.

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    That is why I call it Blackberry candy...easy as candy. Big chief overhead business gurus don't have the time to be tech savy with a treo...
    I am in charge of mobility at my company, and almost every time an exec requests to switch to a treo (either palm or win mobile), they usually end up wanting to give it back a few weeks later. They dont care about tweaking the OS, or downloading video players to convert dvds. They want to get their email, calender, and be able to make phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by zrs70 View Post
    The main thing I don't like about the Pearl keyboard is that when you have to dial (for example) 1-800-GET-FONE, there is intuitive way to dial those letters.
    I think if you hold down the Alt key and hit the letter, it will dial the corresponding number. I will have to check that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zrs70 View Post
    Here is what is so elegant about Blackberries:

If you want to dial for instance, 1-800-GET-FONE, just dial the letters for the number. For example, dial 1, 800, then push the ALT key to allow you to dial the G-E-T-P-H-O-N-E and watch as the Blackberry will translate that into the phone number it's supposed to be. I just tried this with 1-800-GOFEDEX, which is 1-800-463-3339 and I dialed it in as I stated above and it translated it into a correct phone number for me. I learned this on the full keyboard BB's and it still works on the SureType models also.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I'm really enjoying the Blackberry Pearl since recently switching from the Treo 650. As I've stated before I was getting tired of the same old thing being released from Palm and lack of concern for their GSM customers in North America. Not only is the Pearl significantly smaller and lighter than any Treo on the market but also offers more features and accessories out of the box. Most Manufacturers that say they offer a "world" phone (quad band) intend to mean it can be used around the world. Though this is the first time I've seen a manufacturer actually include charger accessories so the phone can be charged around the world in various locations. Each charger adapter can be interchanged from the main charger unit, including the USB cable used to charge the device from any computer using a USB port. Voice quality is great and still having true push email provided to the device which supports up to 10 email addresses. Now I admit while I was concerned about using the Pearl's SureType for creating messages/emails and having two letters per key but I found it's really not that difficult to use. Two thumbs up to RIM for making such an enjoyable and feature rich device.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of going from Treo 650 to Pearl and i like everything i read about the pearl, but it's going to come down to this issue:

On Treo i have versamail with 3 email addresses setup (1 pop from work, and 2 gmail accounts, also pop). Versamail gives me 3 screens, one for each email address and when i reply it replies from the address that it was sent to.

So my questions are:

1. If i set up the same 3 pop accounts on the pearl will they all go into the same inbox?

2. when i reply does it reply to the address sent or the default email address?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Snicka,

1. yes and no. There is one mail box (messages) where everything (all emails, sms, calls) shows up. I have 2 BIS email accounts. these email end up in the global messages box, but there are 2 other inboxes that represent each of these bis accounts.

2. the account it came from, but you can change it if you want.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    So is it possible to check the 2 other inboxes w/o ever going to the global messages box?

also is your BIS w/ Cingular?

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Snicka,

1. yes and no. There is one mail box (messages) where everything (all emails, sms, calls) shows up. I have 2 BIS email accounts. these email end up in the global messages box, but there are 2 other inboxes that represent each of these bis accounts.

2. the account it came from, but you can change it if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNICKA View Post
    So is it possible to check the 2 other inboxes w/o ever going to the global messages box?

also is your BIS w/ Cingular?
    I know you can go into each mailbox separately, although through the messages app it only takes you to the global mailbox. You'd probably have to set up your menu to show the separate mailboxes earlier in the list to go directly to them. I don't think there is a way to say, push the mailbox button and cycle thru the mailboxes.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    After beeing a Palm user on my 650 for two years and relying on it for my business, I thought it would be time for a change. My 650 feels as if it has grown and it crashes alot. I just wanted to try and see if there was anything better on the market. So, I got the Pearl last week. Although I am getting used to it, I now know that I love the Palm OS. I have never tried WM. This Blackberry is complicated and unintuitive. I keep touching the screen out of habit, but there is no touchscreen. I use outlook and the Palm software. IMHO, the Palm is far superior. I synced my 650 to outlook and less then half the info transferred. I then synced my Pearl to the outlook and now I will have to update 100's of entries to get back all my info. uhhh!! I do not want to do this. It took years to get my Palm software to where it is today. Oh well. Just my two cents worth, Peace
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I think I'd like to est one of these. Question though, I currently get push e-mail for free by forwarding all my accounts to my mail2web account which has a free exchange server, what would I need to do to get free push with the Pearl?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Is there a way to sync a BB, Pearl or otherwise, to a Mac?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast