1.    #1  
    Check this out:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=1672

or here for another view:

http://www.nandotimes.com/noframes/story/0,2107,500458963-500698575-503789386-0,00.html?printer

an interesting part:

The Smartphone also acts as a wireless modem to provide data/fax capabilities for personal computers via the charging cradle or optional serial cable.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    This is basically a re-release of the Qualcomm phone/PDA that failed miserably a few years back.

This one is smaller, but still fairly bulky. I doubt it will take off. Those what want this ability will get the Visorphone simply because it does everything this can, plus it is smaller.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    It's a little bulky, but it doesn't look larger than a Visor + VisorPhone. It's a vast improvement over the previous model, at least in the sense that I could actually imagine owning one (whereas you couldn't pay me to carry around the earlier model.).

It also received a favorable review on PDABuzz.
    I see that Samsung also has one in the works. I trust their abilities a bit more than I do Kyocera.
    Originally posted by homer
    This is basically a re-release of the Qualcomm phone/PDA that failed miserably a few years back.

This one is smaller, but still fairly bulky. I doubt it will take off. Those what want this ability will get the Visorphone simply because it does everything this can, plus it is smaller.
    One thing the VisorPhone cannot do is "act as a wireless modem to provide data/fax capabilities for personal computers via the charging cradle or optional serial cable."

The reasons I held off on the VisorPhone were that is wasn't out with CDMA (yet) and I would still need carry my Motorola to connect my laptop. But with that said, I still would not give up my Prism yet.
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    Originally posted by Bret Snyder

One thing the VisorPhone cannot do is "act as a wireless modem to provide data/fax capabilities for personal computers via the charging cradle or optional serial cable."

The reasons I held off on the VisorPhone were that is wasn't out with CDMA (yet) and I would still need carry my Motorola to connect my laptop. But with that said, I still would not give up my Prism yet.
    I belive you can add the VisorPhone (whe it's avaible in CDMA) to your current plan for only ten dollors. You can also in theory get the serria aircard 500 wich is a cdma phone in PCMCIA formfactor.

sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories