Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    See part of Nokia's plan for the E62 to beat the treo
    http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_we...a_at_ctia.html
    I have the E61(same as E62, but not stripped down), it beats the Treo in terms of features, but others don't like the OS. See the Other Handheld forum for more info.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    You might be right but the E62 is just to wide for me.
    It's a BB imitation, design-wise. That is too obvious. It can also be a Q imitation. I still like the thinness though.

I enjoy my Nokia BB.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have the E61 and it is AWSOME! Everything it claims it does it does very very very well. Its the best Bluetooth/Phone pairing I have ever had (i use the nokia 800 BT headset), The volume of the calls and ring tones is unreal. The midi ring tones is UNREAL!! I mean this is the best sounding phone speaker I have ever heard it is really really clear and loud and detailed.
    The screen is fabulous. The quality of construction is the best I have ever used. Period...nothing comes close in quality.
    The office apps are great!. The syncing with Outlook is 100 percent perfect I Have never experienced a software glitch ( unlike Activesync for WM5 which is THE worst).
    The wifi works perfectly
    The Bluetooth file sending from my PC is perfect!
    the music downloads from the software is unbelievably easy and sounds great on the built in phone speaker, and headphones.
    The applications that are native to Symbian are very very good. I miss category syncing though. That will come with 3rd party apps or symbian update.
    The email is awsome!, Text messaging is perfect...

The web browser on my E61 is very very quick it makes my Cingular Treo 650 seem like a dial up compared to DSL, it renders pages and pics very quickly.
    has a great scrolling feature when the toggle is held in position it tears through the page and creates a smaller window pane for searching where you want quickly.

battery life is ridiculous I use it all day and have nearly a full charge left when I get home

awsome voice recorder, actually record (VERY VERYY CLEARLY) your phone calls or just add voice memos)

Infra red is included!! and works great

Oh yeah..the best part!!! Built in Voice recognition that does NOT have to learn each contact!!!! Mine works either through the phone or via BT headset and I get the correct contact 100 percent of the time. ( tip, if it isnt working for you, reset the voice command button in the voice command app,)

I am hugely sold on this phone..
    couple things on the wish list
    camera, and more apps ( they will come)

Compared to the treo 650, (every windows phone Ive had), all of them... this E61 is great.. no more crashes, ( treo )

I have a few 3rd party apps all work very very very well
    Worldmate
    IM+ is awsome
    Calcium calculator (free)
    Aquacalander new version out tonight (9/15) is really good I have been testing the beta and its great
    Zip Manager ( comes with Phone)
    Auto Lock ( free)
    Advanced call manager very detailed call manager
    Google Maps Very cool and free
    Last edited by shawnfb; 09/15/2006 at 02:43 PM. Reason: add content
    Do you use Worldmate Pro or the one given with the phone?
    Thanks for the recommendations on the other software!

Does the E61 have voice-activated dialing? Where are they selling the 61s, other than eBay, or is there a eBay dealer to recommend? Thanks.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I bought both from private owners. But there's a place on Devon here in Chicago. I think they do internet sales.

http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/Nokia/Nokia_E61.HTML

I don't know if they include a US adapter, you'll have to ask. I think they might, but I can't guarantee.. I once called on another phone and they said they included one.

One owner bought from here and they did include an adapter:

http://www.phonesource-usa.com/cell-.../Nokia-E61.php

They also sell them on Mobile Planet, but didn't mention if you can get a US plug, but they sell a Belkin one.

Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/15/2006 at 04:26 PM. Reason: clarification

YES E61 has BUILT IN NATIVE voice recognition, just hold the record button 2 secs and say the name pooof your dialing.. and no tedious learning and saying every name.... the E61 does it all and of course through the BT headset as well.... Try that treo!!!
    i use the worldmate that came with the E61
    Seems like biggest weak area for the E series devices - and Symbian phones generally - is the fact that there are far fewer applications out there for the Symbian OS right now. At least for me that would be a big factor ...
    The few that are available are enough for basic phone, data and business use. I never understand why people load $200+ worth of software anyway! Unless you're flying all the time without a laptop. It could use a few more, but Symbian doesn't really need 1000 apps like Palm and WM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The few that are available are enough for basic phone, data and business use. I never understand why people load $200+ worth of software anyway! Unless you're flying all the time without a laptop. It could use a few more, but Symbian doesn't really need 1000 apps like Palm and WM.
    totaly disagree. If I wanted a pure email device I would just get a blackberry. I use plenty of 3rd party apps, and while I could probably get by without them, I dont want to. They make my windows mobile phone a more productive and fun business/personel device.

I hear the "just use a laptop" excuse plenty, but I just dont get it. If I wanted to check my shopping list when Im in the grocery store, I dont really want to wip out my thinkpad.
    I didn't say just use a laptop, I said I didn't see the need for tons of apps unless you travel a lot with no laptop, which some people do. Honestly, what do you need 100 apps for on a phone? Unless you don't have access to laptops too often, or use your phone way more than your laptop. I think some people(that's SOME) just buy all that software to show off.

However, WM does NEED a significant number of 3rd party apps, there is no other option unless you want to deal with the shortcomings of WM. I like WM, but there's some things left to be desired.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/17/2006 at 12:46 AM.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Why not just whip out your shopping list on a piece of paper? Haha! I might get kicked out of here for that suggestion

I have to admit that I have not used a Symbian device as my phone since...I think the P900 is Symbian...and it really wasn't up to the job. Has a great deal changed since back then? Text input was horrible, as were battery life, internet browsing, messaging (partly because of text input again), email was lackluster...I was just disappointed with it.

I really do like the look of this phone though...I just wonder if it could be good enough without a touchscreen and the great internet browsing on my WM5 phones (Qtek 9000 and Qtek 9100). I'm sure email and office type applications will be ok since the ones on WM devices are limited in functionality anyways.
    I think shopping lists can be put in plain old WM Notes, can't they? What do you need a shopping list program for?

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I think shopping lists can be put in plain old WM Notes, can't they? What do you need a shopping list program for?
    Because I want to. I find it easier, dont need to carry around a seperate piece of paper (which I always lost). Besides, the one Im using is free.

I also love using pocketbreeze, weather panel, tcmp, phatnotes, and others. As I said, I can probably get by without them, but I really dont want to.
    I meant, what does it do that Notes won't?

Phatnotes Pro looks pretty decent, for $40 it better!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/17/2006 at 02:31 AM.

Is Sony P990 coming over to the US or Sony is not willing to do a striper version for Cingular.
    They are selling unlocked versions over here, but expect to pay a lot.

One thing that no one has said about why they like the E61 is the battery. I have owned this phone since it was realised world wide and this battery is the best battery that I have ever had in a smartphone. I get at least 3 days and the most I have gotten is 5 days. Way to go Nokia.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast