Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    You will be very happy with Cowon unless you want a flash player and have more than 2gigs worth of stuff. However, I will wait to see if the Creative actually comes out then wait a week for the prices to drop. And by then Cowon should also have some new hdd players out and maybe even a new pvp maybe the hotly rumored A3.

The Zune supposedly is going be using another service MS is going to make for it. Which is really stupid and is not fairing well. But we shall see.
    And I think i am sure as 2.5 in the creative would nice but a little bit to small for me. But then again I could be just saying this because I am spoiled by the 4in wide screen display on my cowon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You're sure?

So no, I'm not a complete Apple fangirl, if people were thinking that.......
    FYI... I was

I'm guessing that you thought I was a complete Apple hater. But i'm not as i just purchased a 80gb black ipod this weekend. Full circle, huh? However, i will be evaluating the Zune when it comes out. I'm very interested in the wireless functionality and bigger screen.
    got me a 80gb black. i love it (i traded in my 30gb black, and they gave me a 80gb after i fed them some bs). the battery life has drastically improved. been listening to music on and off...from 630-310, and my battery is saying that i used about 1/4. so my battery is about 3/4+. this thing is great. i loaded about 8gb of movies and 60gb of music. no problems yet. i love it. this ipod > everything else. and i also got a creative zen:m...this ipod is better.
    I'm sure it is better, after they listened to consumer complaints. And Creative already had a brighter screen on the Vision M. Of course, that's more than what some other companies do. At least Apple actually responds to competition.

P.S. I'd get the 30GB if I actually start using larger hard drive players. I just don't know, flash players are easier to carry. Also microdrives.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You get the 30gig ipod or creative zvm? Samsung is on its way to bring out 16gig and 32gig flash for the consumer market. I know sony has 16gig in their UX pc and it won't be long before we see 16gig flash based mp3. I will take a guess that Sandisk will be first to announce it since they do make their own flash drives.
    I was considering the 5.5G iPod being that someone has said they use a better codec than the Nano. We will see. Nothing is set in stone yet. Hard drive players get damaged faster when you move around too much.

Samsung has a new Cowon imitation. Anyone know how well it sounds?
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_YP_K...?tag=pdtl-list

BTW, my replacement Nano has questionable build quality, but good sound. I can't win with them, LOL! If I return this one for the 4th time, the next one may have messed up sound again. I think I'll have to keep this one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

8.    #128  
    If they sell it at 99, I will buy it and use it as external harddrive heh.
    Someone suggested that they sell it for $99 to those who subscribe for a year. Not a bad idea. Because they sure won't make any money selling it to everyone for $99!

So still thinks its impossible for MS to unseat Apple?

Surur
    I still ain't convinced. Reason being, they already made a few mistakes IMO.

1.Design. Although subjective, with all the smaller players out there, and the video iPod being nice and thin(even though wide), how many are really going to want this? Cnet claims testers thought it was bricky and heavy.

2. Not Plays for Sure and yet another proprietary store? How extensive is their music collection, by the way? If not as good as Napster or Rhapsody, another possible minus.

3. Charge via USB? Have to pay extra for a charger?

The last 2 are not good ways to unseat Apple. You're supposed to make this thing MORE appealing to the masses. So we're going to dump Apple for the MSFT version of iTunes and the video iPod, and be in the same boat AGAIN. Sure. We might as well stay with Apple.

4. Possible 12-hour battery life. Yuck.

Maybe during the 2nd release will they beat Apple, not the first time. And also, that's just a rumor about the $99.

I was considering the 5.5G iPod being that someone has said they use a better codec than the Nano. We will see. Nothing is set in stone yet. Hard drive players get damaged faster when you move around too much.

Samsung has a new Cowon imitation. Anyone know how well it sounds?
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_YP_K...?tag=pdtl-list

BTW, my replacement Nano has questionable build quality, but good sound. I can't win with them, LOL! If I return this one for the 4th time, the next one may have messed up sound again. I think I'll have to keep this one.
    5.5g iPod as the same audio codec support as the nano. Dapreview should have a full review of it by two weeks. But early reports say it has pretty good sound quality and the speaker is good for what it is and it is better than the A2 speak as it is louder but not by much.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    So still thinks its impossible for MS to unseat Apple?

Surur
    This is pretty much a Toshiba(fcc reports prove it), with a larger screen, wifi and supposedly more codec support. So it may to people who want more codecs and trust the MS name over say Creative, Cowon or Archos. But in general it will have a hard time. I would say this will be 3rd behind Sandisk.
    I'm sure it is better, after they listened to consumer complaints. And Creative already had a brighter screen on the Vision M. Of course, that's more than what some other companies do. At least Apple actually responds to competition.

P.S. I'd get the 30GB if I actually start using larger hard drive players. I just don't know, flash players are easier to carry. Also microdrives.
    i'm a music junkie...the more the better. i have too many mp3 players...selling them all on ebay right now. i got the creative zen vision: m (30gb black), ipod nano (1gb, 2gb, and 4gb), a shuffle (1gb), and now i got the new 5.5g 80gb ipod. all the things that i love about the zen vision is included in the new ipod. brighter screen and lasting battery. the new ipod has it. the 5.5g 80gb in one of those crystal-plastic type cases is still thinner and lighter than my zen. that's what i really like. i haven't had any problems with sound quality either. my main problem is iTunes 7.0. with the new release, the program is so slow compared to all the previous editions, takes too much memory, and it's slow. i mean, a couple of tweaks here and there are fine...but overall, i wish i can go back to 6.x. but, 7.0 manages videos better...it was a ***** to properly tag all of them...but seems good now. but still...iTunes 7.0 needs work.

i use the ipod pretty much 6-8 hrs a day (on the train and while im at work). with the nano, battery was so-so...and there wasn't enough music to keep me going. now i got about 6500 songs on this one, with plenty of more room to keep it moving. plus im a producer...so i always need to listen to music.

the zune seems ok. nothing great. the screen (size) is nice, tho i heard the quality is bad. but reports are all saying that it feels like a brick in your hand. and with all the extra features...i think it's too much. the ipod is easy to use. your average person just wants to plug in the ipod and let itunes do the rest. all the windows media type devices all require more steps, and a lot of times...they dont always work. apple will stay ahead of the game. and whenever they feel that need to make some changes to the market, they can go ahead and release the 6g video ipod. apple > microsoft.

phone diva...post more pics.
    I beg to differ wm devices take as much as time as Itunes does. I should know as my sister used ipod for 2 weeks and now currently owns a Toshiba. They both take equal time imho. You both have to open up a software, and then move your songs to the software so they can be added. However, with MTP devices you could transfer through file explorer and works well. But then again nothing I mean nothing beats the shear ease and speed of an MSC/UMS device. All you do is drag, drop and after a while(depending on size) it is all done.
    the speeds of itunes is better than creative's "file explorer". a lot better.
    Well I never used it so I can not compare but to me iTunes and WM player are both equal.
    I laugh whenever I see stories about the next iPod Killer. What many don't get and certainly Microsoft never has and probably never will, is that a huge part of the success for Apple with the iPod is the "coolness" factor.

There are many MP3 players out there with more features and lower prices. However, when your average teenager tells his friend that he bought a music player, does he want to say "I bought a XR236Y from Acme Company" or " I got an iPod" Heck, never mind teenagers, I'm 51 and I much prefer Ipod over any other player. From what I have seen of the Zune, its ugly

Microsoft does not and never did get design, and that is a major factor when selling to the consumer entertainment market. This also applies to other areas of Microsoft. Until the era of Gates and Ballmer comes to an end, we will not see a change. They need new blood there. Nothing innovative comes out of there, and the exciting developments are happening in Open Source.
    People recommend Winamp to manage your iPod, if you're sick of iTunes. Winamp also uses the great MP3 encoder Lame, I think. And the new iTunes sucks as a player, it's only good for managing your iPod.

And nothing beats drag and drop, which Cowon and newer Creatives have.

The coolness factor of iPod is actually about 30% importance to me. I want great sound more than anything, but size also matters. Nanos are still thinner than most other players, but I will take any smaller player that has great sound and decent features.

20.    #140  
    iTunes 7 is alot slower than the earlier version (iTunes 4). But people probably don't know you can drag and drop with iTunes.

Any songs you see in iTunes, or songs in the iPod, just select them and drag them to any window folder. They will get copied over. You can also drag and drop songs from a windows folder directly to the iPod logo in your iTunes. You don't need to copy songs to iTunes library first before copying to iPod.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast