Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Turns out that drm thing as a hoax to scare people or something.
    Today Elen gave out Zune to the audience memebers http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-...how-202070.php

And price was adjusted. http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-...srp-202066.php
    I resent the "middle-aged woman" remark on there, as if it's something horrible.

And at $229, it's still a yawner IMO. Looked like a brick in Ellen's hand.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But I thought if you shared your own MP3s, DRM would be added somehow to the shared files. Looks like a hoax, well that's good
    Unless they are really your OWN mp3's (ie made by you) or certain types of creative commons you do not have a legal right to share the MP3's ripped from CD either, DRM or no DRM.

Surur
    That's like trying to stop people from having sex! Impossible to stop people from sharing ripped MP3s! But then, no one ever asks me for my music anyway.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That's like trying to stop people from having sex! Impossible to stop people from sharing ripped MP3s! But then, no one ever asks me for my music anyway.
    According to the Elen video and cnet, you can share the audio you designated to share. Just like windows file sharing.
    So who is truly impressed with the Zune? Looks like about 2 or 3 people only, at least from TC.

The Ellen audience was happy because it was free, that doesn't count. Well at least we know the screen is good from what Ellen said.

It doesnt really come down to impressed or not. Its simply when the buying public are in stores this christmas, and see the Zune and Ipod next to each other, which one will the chose. Most will still chose the Ipod, but I bet a good 15-20% who were going to chose and Ipod will not chose a Zune.

Surur
    Sure it does, to some degree. Would you buy something you're not impressed with? With the Zune, I suspect people will have to play with the samples. Otherwise they'll just go straight for those cute little Nanos and 80GB iPods because they have been hyped so much. Then there's the Creative line, my personal choice since we can't get Cowon easliy over here.

It doesnt have to be perfect, just better, and as you said, well marketted.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I bet a good 15-20% who were going to chose and Ipod will not chose a Zune.
    No idea where you get your numbers (why not 10-15% or 20-25%?) but I'd guess that the Zune (which is 30 GB) is most likely to hit sales of the 30 GB iPod. Less of an impact on the 80 GB iPod (people in the market for that presumably need more than 30 GB otherwise they'd be looking at the 30 GB iPod) and still less of an effect on the nano and shuffle (which are really very different to the Zune). 15-20% of all potential iPod buyers? Seems unlikely to me. 15-20% of potential buyers of the 30 GB iPod? Seems a bit more realistic.
    That seems reasonable.

Surur
    Its going to be interesting to see what happens with the Zune. The folks over at Engadget seem to be mostly impressed with the it. http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/20/z...ess/1#comments

Although, i do realize that they represent the early adopters are more techno advanced than the general population, so their thoughts dont necessarily reflect those of the average pop.
    So who is truly impressed with the Zune? Looks like about 2 or 3 people only, at least from TC.

The Ellen audience was happy because it was free, that doesn't count. Well at least we know the screen is good from what Ellen said.

Yeah but how trust worthy is she when it comes to a review of a tech item? If a place like DAPreview, Cnet or gizmodo said it then yeah I would trust it more.

More interesting Zune news. hmmmm http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.3642
    Last edited by bloodycape77; 09/21/2006 at 02:22 PM.
    Sure it does, to some degree. Would you buy something you're not impressed with? With the Zune, I suspect people will have to play with the samples. Otherwise they'll just go straight for those cute little Nanos and 80GB iPods because they have been hyped so much. Then there's the Creative line, my personal choice since we can't get Cowon easliy over here.
    Really, I got my Cowon A2 pretty fast. I haven't seen it in a store but I got mines from Newegg.com. No, matter how good a player is people will still think iPod is better and the simple reason is marketing hype. The Creative Zen Vision is marginally better and is an iPod killer, but yet it is not doing well at all in the market. My A2 is much easier to use than the iPod. I spoke to an iPod fan and when explaining what my device is and how it works. They didn't grasp the concept that all I do is drag and drop the files i want to the corresponding folder they go to me, it seems a little complicated and I rather deal with itunes doing all of that. Most ipod users on the macfoum I am on complain that that the A2 is useless but they can wait to get a widescreen ipod. It is almost like a cult.

I have never seen a Creative mp3 ad that was non-print untill I was in San Fransisco an saw Creative billboard right next to a even bigger iPod billboard. On an interesting note Sandisk is second in marketshares and sales in the mp3 market. I guess their popularity could because they are priced really competitively against the ipod. And the fact they have had a 6gig flash player out for a while now, and a 8gig announced and even spied on months ago.

You maybe interested in this if you are a cowon fan. But at the moment cowon a is a slight disappointment in the hdd market as they haven't had a new high capacity hd base player in a while and been bring out some nice lower end(in space at least) flash based devices.
    http://www.iaudiophile.net
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    But then, no one ever asks me for my music anyway.
    Maybe they don't share your taste in music
    Actually, it's that I never let anyone listen to my MP3 players so they don't even know what I listen to, LOL!

Bloodycape, neither Cowon or Creative advertise enough over in the US. One reason many don't know who they are, IMO. I think Cowon could do well with those little U2, U3 and T2 players, if more people knew they existed! Why are they only available online or specialty electronics stores, instead of mainstream places? The Creative Zen Vision M is actually quite a good alternative to the video iPod and not "marginally" but substantially better IMO. The one mistake they made, it's not as "cute", but I'd still rather take it over the Zune. The Zen V Plus is a great alternative to the Nano, IMO. Samsung has some cool stuff out too.

iPod is definitley not the only one on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Yeah but how trust worthy is she when it comes to a review of a tech item? If a place like DAPreview, Cnet or gizmodo said it then yeah I would trust it more.

More interesting Zune news. hmmmm http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.3642
    If she likes it as an average consumer, that's a good start for Zune since that's who they need to sell to.

I know what your saying. Creative at least has more of a change in marketing as they are a more know company. Hell even the non plus is a solid competitor against the iPod but Creative needs release 6 and 8gig players. But yeah with cowon they have strong flash offering but the downside is the fact that most of the come with 2gig. Like their new F2 it looks nice and promising but with only 2gigs of flash that turns of many people. Everyone on the Cowon and dapreview site are waiting for the A3, the X6 and what ever else that is hd based. The one thing Cowon could say that no one else can(I think) is at one point they were releasing firmware updates every other for the A2 and they were actually useful features added like album art, viewing photo while listing to music, better video recording options and so forth.

My sister got an ipod when they were in b/w but she returned it cause she had no use for it. Then latter on as a gift I got her a Toshiba Gigabeat F20. She said she like it more as it felt sturdier and looked nicer. I only got it because I knew it was a good product and cost $100 less than the ipod photo. If people actually try the alternative they will see how good some are. Btw phone diva what Cowon(if you own one) do you have? The X5?
    None, unfortunately. I so wanted the X5L, but these online stores have restrictive return policies. They want you to go through the manufacturer. At BB and CC, you can return items directly to the store.

And if 2GB turns people off, why do all manufacturers still make them? I think they are good for people who just want a little music to work out to, or for those who don't have a whole lot of money to spend. Although Cowon's devices are expensive for the amount of storage. That is probably more what turns people off, the price for the amount of storage.

Yeah that is pretty much it for the price of their 2gigs you can now get 4gigs from Creative and sandisk(maybe even their 6gig too). Yeah the X5L is a unbelievable with a 30hour battery life, and with roxbock I hear the thing owns like even more.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast