Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Without ever sampling the phone, for $825(or even if I find it for 700), I don't know if I can take a chance. I may not like it, and you know it may be like pulling teeth to return something to those unlocked cell phone stores online. Nokia has the N80 in person, in the store, and accepts returns. I've felt the phone, it's a solid metallic brick, but I can deal with it since I had a Treo.

I was waiting for the N73, but there seems to be some hangup getting it into US Nokia shops.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/19/2006 at 01:24 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Is it cheaper though? The Xbox was cheaper, which superior hardware. This thing...is going price itself out of the competition. Unless they are seeling it at $200 then it has a fighting chance.

I think they can get away with $250 - $300 due to the wifi feature. I don't think any other player has that. I just don't like it for myself. I still say they should have taken some design lessons other makers. Come on, who has a brown player?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I think they can get away with $250 - $300 due to the wifi feature. I don't think any other player has that. I just don't like it for myself. I still say they should have taken some design lessons other makers. Come on, who has a brown player?
    WiFi is completely useless. If they add WiFi to your toaster, would you pay $50 extra for it?

Sorry I am beating a dead horse hehe.
    The Nintendo ds has wifi, the PSP has wifi, your toaster may have wifi before an Ipod has.

Surur
  5.    #65  
    The DS and PSP doesn't charge 50 dollar extra for that does it?

I have yet to use the wifi on my PSP once, and I have 3 other friends who has it.
    How do you know it doesnt charge $50 extra. Its not like you can buy one without it. Face it, MP3 players are for kids, and my daughter uses the wifi in Animal Crossing all the time.

The Zune is banking on today's craze, social networking, to succeed. In that, they are not alone. Why do you think the Wii is called the wii. Its not about yellow puddles, its about bringing people together and networking them.

Either it will succeed or not, but the Zune is much more than an mp3 player, its a platform designed to hook people in.

Surur
    WiFi is completely useless. If they add WiFi to your toaster, would you pay $50 extra for it?

im kinda surprised to here that opinion. IMO WiFi is KILLER.
    I have an 5 devices in my house that could use the wireless capabilities (Xbox360, 2 desktop computers, 2 laptops). IF M$ enables WiFi syncing and playing, I could stream music to any of those devices in my house (of course it wouldnt be simultaneously). Of course only about 3 of the devices would be authorized to play the songs without deauthorizing another computer...

It would be nice to be able to stream music to my computer in the workout room rather than having to get my Ipod from my car, uhook my computer speakers from the computer, and hook them to the Ipod. I hate having to get my Ipod everytime i want to play. The Zune should be a wireless music server.

Imagine the possibilities of keeping your Zune in your car (hooked to your stereo), and when you drive into the garage, sync all the new songs that you have added to your computer. That would be the shiznik.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Either it will succeed or not, but the Zune is much more than an mp3 player, its a platform designed to hook people in.

Surur
    I agree 100%. It is a portable wireless media server. The possibilities are huge. Of course, Apple will add this functionality if its popular, but i'm glad someone finally added wireless functionality.
    Yeah but the wifi on the Zune is pretty limited and I read on cnet yesterday that, the Zune maybe actually changing files and adding drm to them or something. So yeah.

And I see what your saying phone diva. There is always the option of tring the lower model or trying the phone then ebaying it for a little more than what you paid for. That what a lot of Sharp Zarus people who bought the 4gig pda were doing after they decided they did not like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Yeah but the wifi on the Zune is pretty limited and I read on cnet yesterday that, the Zune maybe actually changing files and adding drm to them or something. So yeah.
    I'm guessing that you are referring to "sharing songs" with another person where you can "share the song" up to 3X. I dont have all the details, but i'm betting that there is a difference in "sharing" a song with an external source (someone who's device is authorized to play your songs) vs. playing them on a device that you own and have authorized. If you can authorize songs on up to 3 devices (how Apple currently does it), then you should be able to share/stream media to those devices. Of course my most used word in this paragraph has been "should", but the opportunities of wireless are big, whether is with Zune or another player.

Wifi for sharing music, games, etc. is a good novel idea. Putting it in a crappy looking device where the kids may say WTF, is what's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post

Adding DRM is a definite no go for me!! My MP3s are free from DRM and I'd like to keep them that way. I'll purchase DRM files when I want them(and I have).

Yeah but then again you can use Fairuse4drm to fix that problem.
    Assuming what you said earlier is true, what gives MSFT the right to change files to DRM? If I want to share my MP3s, why does MSFT have a say in it?

I think they are doing it to make the record and movie companies happy? Maybe? After all what movie or record company wants kids to have their files shared and transfered. They want me to "share"(let him copy) the latest cd I purchased with my friend or the movie he has with me. But that is just a thought.
    Then the sharing function is basically useless.

Yeah, DRM is going to be an evil that we are unfortunately going to have to live with for the forseeable future. It doesnt matter whether you get your music from M$ or Apple, record companies will require the DRM.
    The same goes for HiDev video.
    The only chance one has to escape it, is to buy CDs and rip them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Then the sharing function is basically useless.
    Not quite. Its good for sampling, and if you get asked if you want to buy the track as soon as you sync its nearly the same thing functionally. If you are able to buy OTA its even better (you cant currently AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $but$ $its$ $certainly$ $possible$ $in$ $theory$) $lastly$, $if$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $subscription$ $system$, $tracks$ $that$ $get$ $shared$ $will$ $probably$ $automatically$ $get$ $authorized$ $after$ $you$ $sync$.

Surur
    Turns out that drm thing as a hoax to scare people or something.
    Today Elen gave out Zune to the audience memebers http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-...how-202070.php

And price was adjusted. http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-...srp-202066.php
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
    Yeah, DRM is going to be an evil that we are unfortunately going to have to live with for the forseeable future. It doesnt matter whether you get your music from M$ or Apple, record companies will require the DRM.
    The same goes for HiDev video.
    The only chance one has to escape it, is to buy CDs and rip them.
    Actually, I don't have a problem paying for music online, as long as it can be burned to a CD. But I thought if you shared your own MP3s, DRM would be added somehow to the shared files. Looks like a hoax, well that's good

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast