Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    OK I did it. I got the Limited Edition pink Zune.
    It's a sad day...

However, I can think of no more beautiful an accessory to a Zune than you.

But still...very sad...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hi Insertion!

So what should I have tried instead? Another Creative. I would have but they knocked $50 off the Zune this weekend(they need to make that permanent, it might sell more).

Just looking for iPod alternatives. I am one who won't just stick to one brand if others out there are good also. You should know that by how many phones I own, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    congrads and nothing to be a shamed of. I almost bought one but only if it was in a Toshiba Gigabeat S body and at least gave me 7+ hours of video like my A2 does. And a 60gig model like the Toshiba would have been also nice. The new limited editon zune is in the color red.

I am a Cowon fan at the moment so you could have taken a gander at the 2gig or 4gig D2 with ability to accepd SDHC(via a firmware upgdae) to make it either a 10gig or 12gig device. And its a touch screen device so its either good or bad depending on how you see it. Just saying.
    The Samsung K3 is a very good Nano competitor. In fact, I don't think I'll be getting another after using the Samsung. Bigger screen with cool animations and great sound! Plus FM tuner.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Hi Insertion!

So what should I have tried instead? Another Creative. I would have but they knocked $50 off the Zune this weekend(they need to make that permanent, it might sell more).

Just looking for iPod alternatives. I am one who won't just stick to one brand if others out there are good also. You should know that by how many phones I own, LOL!
    I haven't read through this whole thread, but have you looked at the Sandisk Sansas?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    I haven't read through this whole thread, but have you looked at the Sandisk Sansas?
    Yes and there was static on some high quality MP3s that wasn't there on any other device nor computer media players. I tried another, same thing. No SanDisk players for me! The display was gorgeous though!

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Yes and there was static on some high quality MP3s that wasn't there on any other device nor computer media players. I tried another, same thing. No SanDisk players for me! The display was gorgeous though!
    The gain was set too high. But I don't know if you can override its setting or if it's coded into the player.
    Interesting. I have a friend who has one. She likes it, but likes her Nano more. I've played around with it, didn't notice any static, but I wasn't really pushing it. But yeah, nice display, fairly easy to navigate. If I weren't such an Apple guy, I might look into them more.

Oh well, doesn't matter which you settle on, it's just the thought of you with a Zune...makes me want to cry

Look at the screen on a Zune and tell me it ain't better for video than the iPod? Yeah, iPod is sleeker. Zune has a customizable screen though. I loaded some cool backgrounds. Horrible battery life though, which is why I looked at the Samsung for just music. I can always go back to my iPods any time and sell the Zune BUT I like the fact you can load your own stuff to customize.

You can't set any background on the iPod, right? That's fine because the interface is clean, but variety is the spice of life somtimes.

Look at the screen on a Zune and tell me it ain't better for video than the iPod? Yeah, iPod is sleeker. Zune has a customizable screen though. I loaded some cool backgrounds. Horrible battery life though, which is why I looked at the Samsung for just music. I can always go back to my iPods any time and sell the Zune BUT I like the fact you can load your own stuff to customize.

You can't set any background on the iPod, right? That's fine because the interface is clean, but variety is the spice of life somtimes.
    Actually, the thought of loading wallpaper on my iPod has never crossed my mind. I pretty much load a playlist and shove it back in my pocket. But okay, score one for the Zune...

And my personal opinion as far video on a handheld, is the PSP is the best device. Just a shame there's no internal storage on them.

Okay, fine...go be with your Zune. Go squirt or whatever it is you all do at your Socials. I'll get over it.

11.    #291  
    Wow you guys are still going stronge with this thread. I am pound to be the one who started it. Obviously the Zune 1.0 has turn into as big a failure as the VW Phaeton, but hey its not like we didn't see this coming.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Go squirt or whatever it is you all do at your Socials. I'll get over it.
    Just a tad disgusting. Sorry I stepped into this thread.
    Most people on DAPreview were not fond of the sound quality Sansa E series untill Rockbox came out for it. I have used rockbox on my sister Toshiba Gigabeat F and yes they did make the device sound better, and that device already sounded good.

I like the Zune(feature wise) but I like the looks and control of the Toshiba Gigabeat S way more. If there was a way to get the Zune internals in a Gigabeat S, I'd be all over it. Just enjoy it your device.

I was very close to getting a K3 but the fact that is wan't loud enough for me(eventhough it sounds good) and it dioes not come in more than 4gig(atm 8gig latter) turned me off. So I got a iPod mini instead, rockboxed it and now wating patiently for the price of 16gig(or 32gig if feasble) CF cards to go down and swap it for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by C201 View Post
    Just a tad disgusting. Sorry I stepped into this thread.
    Don't blame me...that's what it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Wow you guys are still going stronge with this thread. I am pound to be the one who started it. Obviously the Zune 1.0 has turn into as big a failure as the VW Phaeton, but hey its not like we didn't see this coming.
    Oh yeah, back on topic. Ballmer is supposed to have said there's no Zune phone coming. Maybe they'll do one in the future, who knows?

Zune Limited Editions seem to do better. People are looking for the crazy colors like the orange and magenta they had on Ebay. Now red has been released. Also a Halo version.

If only they had spruced up the design before releasing 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Most people on DAPreview were not fond of the sound quality Sansa E series untill Rockbox came out for it. I have used rockbox on my sister Toshiba Gigabeat F and yes they did make the device sound better, and that device already sounded good.

I like the Zune(feature wise) but I like the looks and control of the Toshiba Gigabeat S way more. If there was a way to get the Zune internals in a Gigabeat S, I'd be all over it. Just enjoy it your device.

I was very close to getting a K3 but the fact that is wan't loud enough for me(eventhough it sounds good) and it dioes not come in more than 4gig(atm 8gig latter) turned me off. So I got a iPod mini instead, rockboxed it and now wating patiently for the price of 16gig(or 32gig if feasble) CF cards to go down and swap it for that.
    Maybe Samsung has fear of lawsuits? It is a bit low, I have to crank it all the way to 18-20. Even with new firmware. But at least they can't get sued for "encouraging" people to blow their ears out! It might be better, gradual hearing loss from devices cranked too loud is probably common. We've been warned of this for the last 15 years or so. How many actually listen, LOL?!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Zune's biggest issue isn't that it's a bad piece of equipment, but that there is only one version of Zune and that it's going directly at the market leader with the same equipment almost. Right now the word "iPod" is almost synonymous with portable digital players. Zune lacks the library of the Zune store that iTunes has and not enough people know about it. The hardware is really nice and has some good features, most notably the music sharing ability, but it's a clunky device at best. They should have introduced something above and below the Zune to compete with the Nano and the 80GB iPod (maybe a 100 GB model.) they also should have put at least 40 GB in the basic Zune model for the same price as a 30GB iPod then people will pay more attention. I personally wouldn't use a Zune for anything other than to attach to my X360 because it's entirely to big to use in the gym or to run with.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415