Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Nice looking phone - I like the idea of the numeric keypad being available when the keyboard is retracted. Realizing this is just a cartoon, there's no sign of a D-pad (or equivalent) control device on it - I wonder how one navigates through the phone's menus/programs?
    Now THAT's a nice looking phone. And the text says it's a small phone. It solves one of the biggest 6700 problems, that of not having enough keys up front and having to open up the keyboard for any kind of entry. With this, I can envision someone setting up an app to use the numeric keys to move through menus. Hopefully Sprint will carry this and it will have the latest version of WM5 - it definitely puts my wx investigation on hold. I hope it also retains all of the 6700's features and adds a few here and there.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    This is a very interesting device, and shows HTC is really ramping up R&D. I suspect its a WM Smartphone, because it has the Smartphone home and bac keys, and because the PC 6700 successor was also shown.

At which point is smartphone edition enough?

Surur
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Looking at the Home Screen it looks like full blown PPC not Smartphone Edition to me.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    True, but it would not be the first time the wrong screenshot was used.

Surur
    Well the article does say the phone is going to be small so it could indeed be Smartphone. I really prefer the full WM5 more.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I too was under the impression that this is full WM because of the screenshot. If not, I'm moving along.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Looks like a cool phone. Really like the dial pad on the outside. I sure Cingular will never get this based on their track record of not delivering anyting new.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    What do you mean Cingular doesn't deliver anything new? They just released the much hyped "Startrek", they are soon to be releasing the Hermes and the Nokia N62, HP 6925, the new Treos will also probably released, and they've delivered the Wizard and the 2125 some time ago. I think they probably have the most pda phones than any other company except for maybe Verizon now.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    If any one should be complaining it's T-Mobile customers.

Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    If any one should be complaining it's T-Mobile customers.
    Yeah. T-Mobile customer here. I'm complaining about no new phones. I got yer complaint right here, buddy!

Anyway, rumor from engadgetmobile.com is that the Excalibur comes to T-Mobile USA in October sometime.

You have to be really, really impressed by HTC's ability to burp out new phones. I think it would be interesting to look at what Palm has done since launching the Treo 650 and what HTC has done from the same date.

Ummm, Palm, whyzit HTC can blow out one product after another and you can't?

I'm going to try the Excalibur when it comes out.
    PCSIntel is reporting it's a smartphone platform

http://www.pcsintel.com/content/view/1511/35/
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    PCSIntel is reporting it's a smartphone platform

http://www.pcsintel.com/content/view/1511/35/
    It "may" be sufficient for my purposes. Though I do like a touchscreen and the Excalibur doesn't have it.
    That doesn't look bad. I really don't feel bad about purchasing the 700wx with this coming out in the near future though. I still prefer the exposed keyboard over the slide-out. Evdo-A is nice but not a must (for me). Away from the improved camera and a few refinements, it doesn't really strike me as a huge upgrade (haven't seen the specs yet) I REALLY would have liked if they had gone with the keypad on the WM5PPC edition as well as the SP. My plan stays the same, use the 700wx for the next several months and then sometime next summer I will probably upgrade to rev-a and will likely get this or (hopefully) an rev-a Treo by that time.
    I wonder if it will use the JOGGR strip, seems like it would need something of that sort as there doesnt seem to be a scroll wheel or 5way nav button.

Tis an interesting model, HTC is pushing it with that design in terms of usabiility, it will tick (sell) because of the size, but I wonder if heavy texters would find it too compromising.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    The PPC-6800 linked to above is what has caught my eye!!! The Libra did initially as well, until it was noted it was only a smartphone.

I was going to buy a new phone sometime in the next two months....I just may watch a little longer for a rev A phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    What do you mean Cingular doesn't deliver anything new? They just released the much hyped "Startrek", they are soon to be releasing the Hermes and the Nokia N62, HP 6925, the new Treos will also probably released, and they've delivered the Wizard and the 2125 some time ago. I think they probably have the most pda phones than any other company except for maybe Verizon now.
    I agree t-mobile is really behind...but Cingular is getting skunked when it comes to the Treo. Also the 3125 looks useless IMO. I was just advised by our Cingular rep that the 8525 is sked to launch in 2 weeks. Hopefully he is right since I am ready to move off of my 8700. The 8525 should hold me over until 1Q07 when the treo 750 will probably launch on Cingular.
    The 8525 should hold me over until 1Q07 when the treo 750 will probably launch on Cingular.
    You might like Treo, but maybe not enough to downgrade by that point (speaking as one doubting Cingular would allow for wifi to be in the Treo).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    , but I wonder if heavy texters would find it too compromising.
    In Europe texters actually prefer T9 keypads as its what they are used to already, and they can do it without looking at the keyboard.

Surur
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast