Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    You might like Treo, but maybe not enough to downgrade by that point (speaking as one doubting Cingular would allow for wifi to be in the Treo).

I agree. However the WiFi is not that big a deal for me. I really like WM5 but do not like any of the current Cingular WM5 devices. The 8125 was ok but the form factor in that there were no dedicated start and ok buttons was a pain. Also the processor was a little slow.

The faster processor, jog wheel and additional buttons make this look like a very nice device. I am sure the 750 on Cingular will be nice and since I can swap the SIM from device to device I may end up with both since we get a very good corp discount with Cingular.

Just kind of frustrated when I see the other carriers getting the cool new toys! But I guess I will just have to be patient.
    If this phone is PPC Phone edition, I'm all over it. If it's smartphone, it's a pass. I really want to the tytn, but I have to wait for someone to unlock it. And being that I'm on t-mo, I'll be waiting forever. Unfortunately, t-mo is the only one that works in my apartment..can you believe it?..not cingular, not sprint, and not verizon. I also need a global phone, so sprint and verizon are out anyway.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    If this phone is PPC Phone edition, I'm all over it. If it's smartphone, it's a pass. .
    Its definitely smartphone.

Surur
    Too bad it's a smartphone. It would make a great PPC phone. I'd love to have a hard dialing pad.

The PPC 6800 looks very good. I'm disappointed that they stayed with the sideways keyboard though. I think it would be easier to use if it were more like the 6600 or i830. I'll be sticking with my 700wx. Whoever comes out with a 640x480 or 480x480 PPC phone will have my money. Hopefully we'll see something before the end of 2007.
    In Europe texters actually prefer T9 keypads as its what they are used to already, and they can do it without looking at the keyboard.
    Good point, tis something I was reminded of just this week. I liked T9, but prefer QWERTY (that dang culture in tech thingy again )
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I don't think it's Cingular that keeps the wi-fi off the Treo, I think it's Palm. Why would the 8125 have wi-fi if Cingular is the one against it?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Isn't the tytn already unlocked? You can just buy it, stick your TMobile SIM in it, put in TM's settings and you're good to go.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Why is the E62 stripped down? Why would Nokia do that? I suspect Cingular DOES have a hand in it. Nokia could easily have made a wifi and UMTS phone for North America. Also remember it was Cingular who stripped off the wifi for the 2125. That phone was the Typhoon and the original had wifi. T-Mobile at least had sense enough to keep the wifi on, although that could be because they have wifi service they want you to use. But Cingular only allows wifi for ONE phone in any current line-up.

As for Palm. Palm either caves in to the carrier requests or is too damn lazy to make wifi work on it's phones, perhaps a little of both.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Walt Mossberg answered your questions in the WSJ a while back.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    That's why I like GSM. You CAN buy your own phone and "plug it in", unlike Verizon and Sprint.

Plugging 'em in here!

So should I get the unlocked TyTN(or Hermes) as my last phone for the year? I'm still a bit on the fence.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12