Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Treos back in the mix? Check out the rumored specs for the Treo 800.

Gizmodo
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Treos back in the mix? Check out the rumored specs for the Treo 800.
    This has been discussed for some time in the Future Treos forum. The problem is that the Treo 800w is available 'soon' (September?) but the HTC devices are here now. This premium Treo is likely to be very expensive and tied to a carrier for some time. Unless it's stunning I'm going to be getting an HTC designed device.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    thanks for the info!
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    This has been discussed for some time in the Future Treos forum. The problem is that the Treo 800w is available 'soon' (September?) but the HTC devices are here now. This premium Treo is likely to be very expensive and tied to a carrier for some time. Unless it's stunning I'm going to be getting an HTC designed device.
    Didn't know that. I rarely venture into TC anymore since I went on a serious pocket diet and shed 70 grams of ugly Treo fat. Even with all the extras in the Treo 800w, if it's still as big and heavy as the other Treos, I don't think I'd be interested. Still, if it takes off, it'll just up the ante as far as features on CDMA smartphones and PDAs.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I went on a serious pocket diet and shed 70 grams of ugly Treo fat. Even with all the extras in the Treo 800w, if it's still as big and heavy as the other Treos, I don't think I'd be interested.
    There's not much difference between the new devices in terms of size and weight:

HTC Titan (Sprint 6800)
    59 x 110 x 18.5 millimetres
    165g

HTC S710
    50 x 101.5 x 17.7 millimetres
    140g

Treo 750
    58.4 x 113 x 21 millimetres
    154g
    There's not much difference between the new devices in terms of size and weight:

HTC Titan (Sprint 6800)
    59 x 110 x 18.5 millimetres
    165g

HTC S710
    50 x 101.5 x 17.7 millimetres
    140g

Treo 750
    58.4 x 113 x 21 millimetres
    154g
    Specs seem to be all over the place for the HTC S7x0 series. I've seen specs for the S710 saying it was 120g and almost 19mm thick (thicker than the 6800). The specs on Telus' site for the S720 say it's 120g, yet I've seen others that say it's 140g. It's possible the 120g spec some list is without the battery in it.

I was very excited about this form factor, but if it's not significantly smaller or lighter than the 6800 then that's giving up quite a bit (screen size, smaller KB, mem, WM6 Pro) to get a dial pad.

Guess I'll wait to see what the CDMA version of the Q9 has to offer.
    Is there a size difference between the S710 and the S720?
    I rarely venture into TC anymore since I went on a serious pocket diet and shed 70 grams of ugly Treo fat. Even with all the extras in the Treo 800w, if it's still as big and heavy as the other Treos, I don't think I'd be interested.

and yet another
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    And those devices tend to be GSM only.

I have no reason nor desire to leave Sprint with their unlimited $15 ($10 for some of us) EvDO internet, which many of us use for tethering.

What good is a great HTC device with no 3g (or limited availability)?

The Treo 800 I bet will continue to get thinner than current models. Fact is, Palm's treatment of the WM OS far surpasses HTC's which makes all the difference for everyday use. You'll find the satisfaction level of Treo 700wx owners to be fairly high.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10.    #170  
    It is here.....Sprint really did release the Mogul:

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...eSKU=PPC6800SP
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    And those devices tend to be GSM only.

I have no reason nor desire to leave Sprint with their unlimited $15 ($10 for some of us) EvDO internet, which many of us use for tethering.

What good is a great HTC device with no 3g (or limited availability)?

The Treo 800 I bet will continue to get thinner than current models. Fact is, Palm's treatment of the WM OS far surpasses HTC's which makes all the difference for everyday use. You'll find the satisfaction level of Treo 700wx owners to be fairly high.
    I can't agree more...I am getting the full Power Vision EVDO pack for $10.00, Sprint rocks. I have to pinch myself sometimes with how much I save with Sprint. Its enough to put up with the bad reception I have at home dropping calls off and on and roaming from time to time but my coverage is awesome everywhere I may be in my daily life but home...lol.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    It is here.....Sprint really did release the Mogul:

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...eSKU=PPC6800SP
    Are you going to take a taste Hobbes?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Its enough to put up with the bad reception I have at home dropping calls off and on and roaming from time to time but my coverage is awesome everywhere I may be in my daily life but home...lol.
    that is amazing and something i wish i could tolerate (i suppose).....it's one of the main reasons (poor coverage at home) so many leave their carrier, at least it was for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    that is amazing and something i wish i could tolerate (i suppose).....it's one of the main reasons (poor coverage at home) so many leave their carrier, at least it was for me.
    I actually get descent reception everywhere but the basement...and my full basement is where you can find me most of the time if not in the garage. I get better reception thruought the house than my wifes A900 Blade. The 755p great reception reviews could be the answer for home at least...my wife wants one.
    at&t iPhone3G
    is it true that the Mogul only has 25+mb of memory available after a reset/reboot? that doesn't sound like a lot left for further programs. right?
    I have two 6800's coming this Wednesday. I'm curious: On Sprint's website, the description of the 6800 says that it is GPS Enabled. I would think that this would mean I don't need my Bluetooth GPS receiver dongle I bought from Semsons anymore. What's throwing me, though, is that on Sprint's site, the 6700 is also listed as GPS enabled. Is Sprint's idea of GPS enabled means that you can use the phone with a GPS receiver, or does it mean that it actually has an internal GPS receiver?
    They are referring to AGPS which uses the towers to pinpoint your location. All new phones should have this for e911 support. AGPS is different than a full internal GPS
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    They are referring to AGPS which uses the towers to pinpoint your location. All new phones should have this for e911 support. AGPS is different than a full internal GPS
    AGPS is cool: It is full GPS, with the added benefit of using the cell towers to assist in getting a rapid first-fix. So you're saying that this is what it means when they say 'GPS Enabled'? Also, TeleSales told me that I could get TeleNav and would not need an external GPS dongle.
    ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS

I don't believe the 6800 has a fully functional, user accessible GPS in it. AGPS will help with e911 and also with the telenav you mentioned. A fully functional GPS will let you use software like TomTom while AGPS will not.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Thanks for clearing up the GPS question, Stroths.

If this unit is as sluggish as T-Mobile's Wing, then I will pass for sure.

I tried one in a store and it felt like molasses compared to the Palm. That is after a hard reset in the store to test it with default settings.

Does anyone know when this will be available in stores to test?
    _________
    Edit below
    _________
    Just watched the video. It looks about the same as the wing in terms of switching from landscape to portrait. But, this is only a video comparing to my real experience on the Wing in the store.

Even though the Mogul has a dual core processor (far better than the TMo Wing's 200 MHz) - I think that the dual core may be required for use on CDMA vs. GSM. So, there is no perceived improvement in terms of performance when switching screens or changing orientation. I know this isn't a good test (comparing an online video to my in-store experience), but I can tell by the lag in the video that it would bug me.
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 06/18/2007 at 04:02 PM.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast