Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 198
  1. #141  
    That is a nice phone, hobbes... thanks for the links
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2. #142  
    so how the quality of the camera.
  3. #143  
    What odd is I thought this was going to be branded as UTStarcom, but it looks like its going to have the HTC branding. Does the Telus model have the HTC branding also?
  4. #144  
    I'm really drooling over the 6800. If it comes out within 30 days of when I got my 755p, I might have to jump.
  5. #145  
    It looks like the HTC 6800 for VZW(according to that 800W thread) should be out the 18 of next month the same day the SMT-5800 will come out. Maybe it might be the same for the HTC Mogul?

    What was more interesting was the fact the i760 will be out about a week earlier on the 4th of next month for $180 but only come with WM5 unlike the rumors which said WM6 and rev a(this was not clear) odd though.
  6. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #147  
    Wow, Hobbes, that's very interesting. Hmmm.
  7. #148  
    I hope it is lauunched on sero prior to the 31st. That is the cutoff for unlimited text messages with sero and I plan on signing my wife up with this phone
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  8. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I hope it is lauunched on sero prior to the 31st. That is the cutoff for unlimited text messages with sero and I plan on signing my wife up with this phone
    Just because it's launched doesn't mean it will available for SERO. The Treo 755p was out for a week before it was on SERO. What you can do is sign up for SERO now (or at any point before 6/31) and pick any random phone. You have 30 days to return the phone and/or cancel the account. As long as the 6800 comes out within that window, you should be able to exchange your newly purchased phone for a 6800 and just pay the difference (if any). If they give you a hard time, you can still cancel your account without an ETF so you have some leverage. I got a Treo 755p but if the 6800 comes out within the 30 day window for me, I'll be exchanging it.
  9. #150  
    well who know but some VZW documents said their version will be coming out July 18 so maybe the sprint version might be out then also?
  10. Dim-Ize's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #151  
    I went to a T-Mobile store tonight and played around with the Wing.

    I believe it is the same form factor as the HTC S720 / 6800 (if I have my product names correct).

    However, the thing I didn't like was how sluggish the device felt when switching applications or even changing portrait to landscape mode.

    I believe the Wing only has a 200 MHz and T-Mobile has all kinds of widgets loaded on the today screen that it is probably hogging allot of memory. I even killed every application - then reset the phone to default settings killing with a hard restart. Still - it was slow response for my taste.

    The HTC S720 specs show a faster process (possily dual proccesor?) and I would like to see how snappy it feels. I'm on a 650 and when I was jumping around from application to application on the Wing I was instantly sure it wouldn't fit my bill.

    Are slider phones easy to navigate and use with one hand if you get hacks / mods on it to navigate and type quick text / emails?
  11. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    Are slider phones easy to navigate and use with one hand if you get hacks / mods on it to navigate and type quick text / emails?
    The Samsung i730 was an easy, one-handed slider.
  12. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Just because it's launched doesn't mean it will available for SERO. The Treo 755p was out for a week before it was on SERO. What you can do is sign up for SERO now (or at any point before 6/31) and pick any random phone. You have 30 days to return the phone and/or cancel the account. As long as the 6800 comes out within that window, you should be able to exchange your newly purchased phone for a 6800 and just pay the difference (if any). If they give you a hard time, you can still cancel your account without an ETF so you have some leverage. I got a Treo 755p but if the 6800 comes out within the 30 day window for me, I'll be exchanging it.
    I was thinking about doing that as a backup plan. I could get her the Q as she kind of likes it. Who knows...she may stick with it if it fits her needs. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  13. Dim-Ize's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #154  
    Buyers remorse.

    I just bought the 755 with Sprint on the SERO plan. I will be a new Sprint customer from TMobile.

    I should get the phone this week. I have read this thread about the Mogul and it sounds great. I wish I could have gone to the store to make up my mind between the two. Still, I'm not sold on sliders (the ones I've seen) and Windows Mobile.

    I'm just wondering if this new 6800 will be any faster in terms of performance over that of the Wing I tested last week.

    Dang. It is amazing how much energy, effort, and passion we put into this piece of our lives - is it not? I mean, people have real problems in life and here I am worrying over a phone. Why?
  14. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #155  
    I don't know why people are getting so excited about the Sprint 6800. It's almost the same form factor as the HTC TyTN which I've owned, and it doesn't make for a very usable phone! The keys are right on the bottom of the device, so it's not easy to use with one hand. Dialling a number that's not in your contacts is a pain.

    Yes, it has the faster 400Mhz CPU and WM6, but it's got to be worth waiting for the HTC Libra or S730 depending on you carrier. Or the Treo 800w of course...
  15. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I don't know why people are getting so excited about the Sprint 6800. It's almost the same form factor as the HTC TyTN which I've owned, and it doesn't make for a very usable phone! The keys are right on the bottom of the device, so it's not easy to use with one hand. Dialling a number that's not in your contacts is a pain.
    That's an interesting observation Stig. I never thought about how difficult it would be to use one handed with the buttons/directional at the bottom. Both the Treo and the Q have the controls near the center.

    I thought maybe the Samsung i760 might be a compromise between the 6800 and S720 because it has dial buttons on the front but it also has its' directional control at the bottom. It looks like it would be really awkward to use one handed for southpaws.
  16. Dim-Ize's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #157  
    Ahhhhh.

    Thanks for the posts, most excellent commrades. Very good points you make.

    I feel better now.
  17.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I don't know why people are getting so excited about the Sprint 6800. It's almost the same form factor as the HTC TyTN which I've owned, and it doesn't make for a very usable phone!
    As always with any phone there is no right or wrong answer....it is what you like and what meets your personal and professional needs. GSM TyTN and the CDMA 6800 are different devices!

    TyTN (HERMES) is on GSM network. Which depending on geography of the use is a plus or minus. Data (or rather data pricing) might be a concern as well.

    CDMA 6800/P4000 (TITAN) when compared to the TyTN does have different processors (dual processors actually), cores, added WiFi G, spring loaded keyboard, larger battery, improved speed performance, jog dial, EVDO Rev A (which is HUGE if you tether), etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    The keys are right on the bottom of the device, so it's not easy to use with one hand. Dialling a number that's not in your contacts is a pain.
    Here is a thread I made awhile back talking about one handed use on WM phones, especially geared for those that are new to WM:


    There no magical solutions to meet everyone's needs, but there should be some suggestions there to help most people at least a little bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Yes, it has the faster 400Mhz CPU and WM6, but it's got to be worth waiting for the HTC Libra or S730 depending on you carrier.
    Again it comes down to peoples needs but if someone is needing full fledge PDA functionality, then they will be disappointed with a Smartphone like the Libra or S730. But then again, it may even suit their needs better!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Or the Treo 800w of course...
    Wait for Palm to release a phone?!?
    ....Oh...this has been a long day and I have been sicker than a dog....I needed that laugh just now!
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 06/11/2007 at 10:37 PM.
  18.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    Dang. It is amazing how much energy, effort, and passion we put into this piece of our lives - is it not? I mean, people have real problems in life and here I am worrying over a phone. Why?
    I fully agree....for those like me a phone and how well it meets my professional needs can have a direct effect on my performance at work....which keeping my job in a career I love, may not be on the top of my list but is pretty high up there.
  19. #160  
    For me I its going to be either between the 6800, S720 and the i760. Best thing is they come out the same month so I get to try them out and see which I like the best. Only thing is I dunno how much I am going to like a non touch screen phone with a great form factor.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions