Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    any updates?
  2.    #122  
    July 18th is the latest rumor for the 6800 that is getting as much consistent confirmation as any rumor can....but as always...time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    July 18th is the latest rumor for the 6800 that is getting as much consistent confirmation as any rumor can....but as always...time will tell.
    Sorry trying to follow. Is this the rumor date for release on Sprint or Verizon?
  4.    #124  
    Sprint...VZ may be coming out around the same time...
    I thought it was June for both?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Think "later."
  7.    #127  
    Sorry, typoe....I did mean to say June 18th.

If that does not pan out there are Mid / Late July rumors with the over shadowing October release rumor.
    HIR, is the S720 scheduled for Sprint? When?
  9.    #129  
    I am not sure what the latest is on the s720.
  10.    #130  
    Here are two pages of a 6 page PPT file from a poster over at PDAphoneHome that a buddy of his gave him:

Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 05/31/2007 at 03:02 PM.
    Hobbes, please keep us posted on any news about the S720.

As far as the Mogul is concerned...other than WM6, what does it offer over the older Apache model?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  12.    #132  
    Here are some of the benefits that Paragon (who owns the P4000 right now) has shared listed....then see the slides below that address this as well:

• 22% thinner
    • dual core processor (aparently one for phone and one for PDA)
    • REV A (huge benefit for anyone who tethers)
    • 256mb ROM double that of the 6700
    • scroll wheel (like a Blackberry)
    • spring loaded keyboard with rubber texture for easier use
    • indicator lights for function and caplock
    • more buttons on face and sides. Combined with the scroll wheel,one-handed use is greatly improved
    • bigger battery which has been reported for better battery life
    • removal of obtrusive antenna
    • better brighter screen (see picture below with 6700 and P4000 set at full screen brightness)
    • better 2mp camera with improved software and settings
    • Dpad...much improved over the joystick

Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 05/31/2007 at 03:05 PM.
  13.    #133  
    Here are the rest of the slides....

Thanks Hobbes. I have to say that I'm interested. I've been wanting to switch back to WM6 now that I've gotten some .NET experience, as I'd like to play around with creating some applications for fun. There are several things about the physical design that I'd change, but there are some positive aspects as well.

Any word on a WM6 Treo with 320x320 screen coming to Sprint?
    Nice so this going be called the Mogul instead of the 6800, and it will come with WM6 sweet. Is there any way you can show a comparison shot(from phones the camera) between this phone(maybe some shots Telus users took) to the HTC Tytn please
    '
    One last question about the Mogul...does it have a headset jack? If so, I assume it's a sucky 2.5" jack, right?
    If this is the same size as the Wing T-Mobile just announced then its much smaller than the pictures make it look. I played with a Wing at a T-Mobile store a few weeks ago and it was sweet. I am seriously considering the Mogul when it comes out and ditching my 700wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  18.    #138  
    Nice so this going be called the Mogul instead of the 6800, and it will come with WM6 sweet. Is there any way you can show a comparison shot(from phones the camera) between this phone(maybe some shots Telus users took) to the HTC Tytn please
    '
    Yup.....it is buried several pages back.....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=90
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    One last question about the Mogul...does it have a headset jack? If so, I assume it's a sucky 2.5" jack, right?
    No...it does not have a jack. You will need an earphone adapter that plugs into the USB jack on the bottom of the phone. There are other phones already on the market with the same deal, so adapters are already available and can be really cheap on eBay.
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    If this is the same size as the Wing T-Mobile just announced then its much smaller than the pictures make it look. I played with a Wing at a T-Mobile store a few weeks ago and it was sweet. I am seriously considering the Mogul when it comes out and ditching my 700wx.
    I haven't seen any side by side comparisons yet.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast