Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i have seen one of the sprint release lettrs stating it will be released on 5/14 along with the 755p (sherlock), but what the guy says about it not launching wit rev a is in direct contradiction to what phonenews.com says (scroll up for hobbes' great copy and paste) is the reason for verizon and sprint's delay. I really think sprint will be launching it with rev a, along with wm6. frm everything I've heard (some of which I can't say here yet) and seen, not to mention sprints history of "promising" upgrades (aka enabling evdo on 6600) I hope phonenews and my sources are right.
    ps yes it looks like I will upgrade once I hear some more reviews

also I'd like to hear how easy it is to type on compared with the current line of 6700s.. I like the 6700 (im using it now) but something thinner (1/3rd the size! check out the pictures!!!) might cause problems. I certainly hope it doesn't feel cheap or flimsy, but now that I think about it, the 6600 and 6700 both felt very solid. I am particularly impessed with how much smaller a footprint the 6700 is and feels very solid in my hand.

ppps a little brdie told me the 6700 extended battery is compatible.. lets hope shes right
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    btw the SAR rating for this phone is 1.130 at ear and 0.922 worn at the body, if anyone was interested. not quite as protective as the 6600, but, not a lot of devices are
    could you tell me how good the camera is on the phone?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    2.0 megapixel w flash
    the quality that is. I know the specs. For the most part a repeat but some pics though.http://www.phonenews.com/content/view/2045/1/

I will say I like the look of the Sprint device more than Verizon model.
    Last edited by bloodycape77; 04/19/2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    nope! batteries are not compatible! i'm not gonna feed that little birdy anymore! whoever gets my 6700 in the future will have a nice 3200mAh battery though!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I wish the batteries were swapable. I have a 1500, 2x1350 and the 2800 ones. Shame...
    Looks like the S720 will be coming to Verizon soon as this article states it has cleared the FCC. I just pray it's not one of those exclusives deals where only VZW can carry it for x-months.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...ra-clears-fcc/
  10.    #90  
    Here are some pics of the 6800 compared to the 6700 and the RAZR!

So see the full size images: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/size-compari...azr-t4542.html

Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/22/2007 at 10:27 PM.
  11.    #91  
    In addition to comparing it to the 6700 and the RAZR above,

here is a shot comparing the 6800 to the 6600 in size:

Here is the 6800 compared to the thickness of the 6700:
    i seriously hope the VZW version looks like the Telus and Sprint version and not like the one that were leaked before.
    It doesn't look like the HTC S720 is on Sprint's roadmap for the next three months.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...mmer-fashions/
  14.    #94  
    I am not sure how old this is....or if Sprint is really going to release it as stated here or not. But this says that it will be WM05 and only Rev A upgradable. This goes against all other rumors at the moment:

http://www.phonenews.com/images/2007...800-Sprint.pdf
    Yeah I saw that too. People were saying that since the Telus model is only WM5 that Sprint and VZW version. People at ppcgeek were saying you are more likey going to get a rev a. upgrade from the carries rather than WM6. And that WM6 most likely will be coming from a modder/hacker if anything.
    If that spec sheet on the 6800 holds true i'll be passing. Not going to support these companies and mediocre upgrades. No way that phone shouldn't have both Rev A and WM 6 out of the box.

Right now i'm holding out for Verizons I760. Going to see what the specs are on that when it gets closer to release. I might end up jumping ship for a bit. Sprints data coverage here has been getting a bit quirky, signal strength has been erratic day to day. Throw in a pretty nice WM6 phone with a very nice design and that might be all it takes to get me to hop.
  17.    #97  
    This more of an HTC thing rather than a carrier thing. Due to the delays of Rev A and WM06 from HTC some Sprint store owners over at PDAphoneHome are saying that Sprint will apparently still a go for May 1st announcement. Launch on the 15th. Then in Q3 two events will occur: 1) a software Rev A and WM06 update for existing 6800 will be released 2) an updated phone with the new updates will re-launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    This more of an HTC thing rather than a carrier thing. Due to the delays of Rev A and WM06 from HTC some Sprint store owners over at PDAphoneHome are saying that Sprint will apparently still a go for May 1st announcement. Launch on the 15th. Then in Q3 two events will occur: 1) a software Rev A and WM06 update for existing 6800 will be released 2) an updated phone with the new updates will re-launched.

After buying these phones for years I've learned one thing. Promissed updates mean jack and I certainly wouldn't buy the 6800 for them.

I'm not happy about jumping ship to another carried but Sprints PDA offerings this year are worst than anemic they frankly suck.
  19.    #99  
    I agree, one must be aware of the reality of possibly not getting an update after purchased. But those who have had a month now of street use of the 6800 are reporting very positive reviews. The 6800 is not for everyone for sure, it has it's cons along with it's pros, but it is one not throw to the side very easily.
  20.    #100  
    Here is very detailed review of the 6800 from a 6700 user who upgraded to the 6800 several weeks ago (actually he has the P4000 which is the branded name from Telus for the same phone):

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1153541