Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Going by your name, I assume you are with Sprint.....then you do have a slight chance it will have it with the original launch of the phone.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    So a buddy of mines who works at Audiovox said they have plans to release this phone for Sprint and Verizon in early-mid April or that what their road map in terms of phone says. I dunno if he is right or not as I thought this was an HTC phone and not audiovox so why would they know stuff about this phone.
  3.    #43  
    HTC makes the phone, Audiovox has been a reseller of the PPC-6600 (an HTC phone that Audiovox labeled as theirs for sales in the US). I was under the impression though that HTC was going to keep their name...maybe Audiovox is going to be the North American distributor again.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    is UTstarcom the same as audiovox beacuse I think I saw a picture that said UTstarcom
  5.    #45  
    UTStarcom Personal Communications was formerly known as Audiovox Communications Corp. On November 30, 2005, Audiovox Corporation completed the sale of its cellular subsidiary, Audiovox Communications Corp to UTStarcom.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ah so I ask my friend it it audiovox or utstarcom he works for and he says it use to be audiovox but now utstarcom and that the phone specs are fantastic and should be 3x better in realibility compared to the 6700.
  7.    #47  
    Cool.....did he give any indication what any of those specs were, i.e. that amount of RAM (64 or 128), if it would have WM6, the Processor, etc....?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    he said two conflicting reports of either 64mb or 96mb so he not sure which one. He has never actually seen the phone but he has seen pictures and a early manual of the phone a while back. Looks like WM6 will be an upgrade that is if HTC supplies it or someone hacks it.
    ask the dude if he knows when rev A will be out on the device?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    what is that other phone?
  12.    #52  
    Take a look at these pictures that include real close up pictures and samples of pictures take by it's 2 mp camera that look really good:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?page_id=101
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Take a look at these pictures that include real close up pictures and samples of pictures take by it's 2 mp camera that look really good:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?page_id=101
    So what is the difference between the two items in the link i posted other than the fact of the look. BTW isn't 6800 camera a little different compared to the TyTN as in we wont get the macro mode on the camera and flash? So won't the picture quality be a little different as the camera lens or something is a little different?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Why wouldnt it have a flash? The 6700 has a flash... Why wouldn't it have macro mode?
    If you look at the pictures of the device there seems to be no macro mode. Not 100% on the flash but I can tell you I see no swtich for the macro mode like the TyTN has.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    If it lacks the flash, I will probably pass on this item. I love having that as a flashlight. Macro mode is a wash. I notice it doesn't have a VGA conference camera, I guess we have to wait for the next generation device. I am not sure I would ever use that feature, but I would like the option.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    anything new from sprit?
  18.    #58  
    Yes there is. For the PPC-6800 (P4000 I think might be the Telus name for it vs a new HTC code name for it) there is some good and some not so good. The good news is that it looks like it will have 256 mb mem. An actual phone has now been shown and handled with a very positive first impression. A Sprint branded phone was spotted and picked up but snatched by a Sprint exec before they could take a picture of it.

The bad news comes from HTC where they mention that this phone may not come out now until Q3. Which it was latest to be rumored to be released in May or June. So if they release it in July that wouldn't be so bad....if it was in Sept then it becomes more of a concern. They also mention that it will ship with WM5 and is physically able to be upgraded it WM6, if the carrier will allow it. But rumor has it that Sprint really does want to put WM6 on it out the door.

Over all, for CDMA, this is still the best upcoming option for me personally.

Here are some of the latest articles and pictures:

HTC 6800 / Titan hands-on

We got a chance to play around with a Telus-branded HTC 6800 tonight -- we are in love. Significantly thinner and lighter than the TyTn and 6700, the 6800 has a spring-assisted slide and a keyboard with a slightly rubbery soft-touch finish that's probably the best we've ever seen on a portable device. This is the new handset to beat -- we can't wait to see the GSM version.

P.S. -We saw the 6800 on Sprint, but the executive who left it out snatched it out of our hands before we could take shots of it. Like you're so surprised it's coming.

SOURCE: http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/26/h...itan-hands-on/
    ============================================

HTC Announces CDMA Versions of New Smartphones

This week at CTIA, HTC is showing off two new CDMA Windows Mobile devices publicly for the first time. Both devices will ship with Telus in Canada in the 2nd quarter, and in the US around mid-year. Both will sport EVDO Rel. 0 initially, although they are software-upgradeable to support Rev. A.
    • S720: A CDMA version of the S710 / Vox shown off at 3GSM last month. Previously code-named the Libra, this small phone looks like a standard bar-style phone, but slides open sideways to reveals a small QWERTY keyboard. Like the S710, it will ship with Windows Mobile 6.
    • P4000: A CDMA version of the Hermes (Cingular 8525), but thinner and with a spring-assisted slide. Available 3rd Quarter. This phone will initially ship with Windows Mobile 5, although it is upgradeable to version 6 if carriers choose to offer it.

Source: http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=2139
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03/31/2007 at 12:11 PM.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    The bad news comes from HTC where they mention that this phone may not come out now until Q3. Which it was latest to be rumored to be released in May or June. So if they release it in July that wouldn't be so bad....if it was in Sept then it becomes more of a concern. They also mention that it will ship with WM5 and is physically able to be upgraded it WM6, if the carrier will allow it. But rumor has it that Sprint really does want to put WM6 on it out the door.
    On second thought about it I think these points are specifically for the Telus-branded HTC 6800 only. It can be read both ways as the model from HTC since HTC is the one announcing it at CTIA or that specific branding of that model since Telus apparently is the first to publically acknowledge they are going to be offering it.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03/31/2007 at 12:15 PM.
    decisions, decisions. does anyone know a price point on these 2 yet? i hope the 6800 doesnt cost more than 600 without a contract. also is sprint going to charge more for the evdo rev a or will it be how it will replace the rev 0 in vision like the rev 0 did to 1xtt.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast