Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I would be a little cautious, but it does look the color and real in the picture:

Sprint i830 on eBay
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I am tempted to just call the number in his programming page.... hehehe
    When will the i830w be available? I got my 700wx on Sept 2nd. I do not like the small screen on the Treo and I do not want a camera.

Sheila
    The phone button is too low willl be painful to press with one hand.
    Hobbes , this phone is very thin and long compared to what you have now . I just do not think it will be comfy in hands , unless you just go with stylus without using the keyboard IMHO.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    When will the i830w be available? I got my 700wx on Sept 2nd. I do not like the small screen on the Treo and I do not want a camera.

Sheila
    Rumor has it that it will be in a couple weeks in October.
    looks bulky and long (with the key-board slid out)....curious as to how much the device weighs. with my old i730 i could barely use the touch screen because of it's size, perhaps the screen is larger now, surprised that they're still using a slide-out, probably the same chassis.
    The more I look at this phone, the more I think I'm going with this over the 700wx. The GSM roaming option really does it for me. I will miss having a camera, though. That's the main feature that I'm wrestling with giving up. I don't take too many pics with it, but when I do it's of my son when we're out somewhere. The price on this thing is steep! I'll just have to sell my 700p with the accessories and SD card since this takes mini SD. I should only have to come out of pocket about $150 or so.

I really want to see this and the wx in person. I've been to several Sprint stores and none of them have the wx on display, just the info card where the phone should be. Next to it is the info card AND 700p. I wonder what that's all about. Maybe they're selling out fast?

Anyone know if you can use a different sim card with this, or just Sprint's? Will it only do GSM roaming overseas?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Hello Hobbes. You are the hardest working PPC aficionado I know. Microsoft owes you money........

I myself will never, never, never go back to a slide to hide KB.... What a pain in the tukus *#@*&%
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    Hello Hobbes. You are the hardest working PPC aficionado I know. Microsoft owes you money........

I myself will never, never, never go back to a slide to hide KB.... What a pain in the tukus *#@*&%
    slide-out keyboards are not enough to justify some added screen real-estate. slide out, slide in, slide out, slide in, slide out, slide in, slide out, slide in....each and every time. i'm so happy i can get away without one.
    Does anyone have any insight on the questions I posed?

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  11.    #31  
    I have no loyalty to MS OS or to Palm OS in the least. I only use what will meet my professional and personal needs. And I have no problem at all switching OS every other phone. When (or should I say if) Palm comes out with a new OS and it can meet my needs better than the current MS OS, I will be switching within a heartbeat.

Same goes with the phone hardware with exposed vs sliding keyboard. If Treo came out with a 240x320 screen with an exposed Keyboard (and had enough memory, especially if it offered WiFi and Rev A) I would be back into the fold the first day it was released....and even almost was brought back in with the 700wx.

As it looks now, I am going to be hanging tight for the PPC-6800. It will have Wifi and Rev A with a the larger screen real estate.

I view a lot of big (not in KB but in viewing size) files, i.e. spreadsheets, docs, PDF, Powerpoint, etc... I also remote control my desktop at work quite a bit. And I use GPS ALL the time. So that little bit of extra screen real estate saves my a TON of scrolling back and forth all day long. So popping out the Keyboard becomes the lesser of the two evils in my personal situation.

If I get moved to a different position or get a new job where I did not have to do all of that so much, then I would probably be right with ya. It's cool to have a choice to fit what ever your needs are at that very moment.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
    Anyone know if you can use a different sim card with this, or just Sprint's? Will it only do GSM roaming overseas?
    There is no answer yet. And there probably will not be until the day it is released. There are some discussions on this phone here that may help with some peep's personal guessing:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsu...on-thread.html

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-i730-i830/
    I would rather see Sprint pick up the i320. It looks like Cingular is getting it. The i320 has what it takes to get me to leave Palm and it OS.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I would rather see Sprint pick up the i320. It looks like Cingular is getting it. The i320 has what it takes to get me to leave Palm and it OS.
    Linky?

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    It's there!!!! Check Sprint's site. The i830 has been released!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Wow what a nice looking device. I've had very good luck with Samsung phones. Bluetooth implimentation is always excellent and full. I think I may return my 700WX and get the i830w, but only if it has as much available available ram for programs to run, as the 700WX.
    When will Sprint stores have this on display? I want to go down to mine and check it out first before returning my 700WX.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    The Mullet of cell phones. GSM/GPRS for biz on the road, CDMA/EVDO broadband party back home.

Worth thinking about since I only need GSM 4-5 times/year and it would beat carrying two devices. Just wish it had EDGE/UMTS so the biz wouldn't be so slow. 'Course if the 750v is available on Cingular sometime soon, I'd jump off Sprint and do that.
    When making decisions about Palm, one should act as though what you see is what you get. Rumors and leaks are unreliable; we are often disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Wow what a nice looking device. I've had very good luck with Samsung phones. Bluetooth implimentation is always excellent and full. I think I may return my 700WX and get the i830w, but only if it has as much available available ram for programs to run, as the 700WX.
    You make my point that once one switches to WM, one is a MS customer, not a hardware or carrier customer. If WM has little value as an operating system, it is a great liberator. Palm and the carriers will discover this to their chagrin. Consumers may discover that being bound to Palm and the carriers is preferable to being tied to MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    I know this is what makes it so hard....there is always that ONE missing feature that otherwise would make a perfect phone.

Wifi for sprint users is now, as of 2 months ago, becoming a less of an issue with data while roaming.

The Treo's for me, as mentioned above is the small square screen.

With this it is the no camera.

If either had their missing feature, then no question....

I need to email Sprint and make sure that they consult with me first before their next phone is released!
    Design involves hard choices and is more difficult than it looks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast