1.    #1  

Its not even Christmas yet, but Cingular has chosen to give us all a nice big present. It appears they accidentally left open a developer site, and amongst many already shipping models, were also a number of upcoming devices. The ones our readers may be particular interested in is the Cingular 8500/8525, Cingular's variant of the HTC Hermes. If Smartphone is more your bag you wont have to leave disappointed, as the HSDPA equipped Samsung SGH i607 should be more than enough to keep you happy for some time.

Interestingly there is no sign of the Palm Treo 750v, although the now arch nemesis of Palm, the Blackberry Pearl did make its appearance. Draw what conclusions one wants from that.

Better take a look while you can. Somehow I expect the show will be over when Cingular webmasters wake up this morning!

Via EngadgetMobile.

Surur
    Did Cingular disable wifi on the Hermes?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Did Cingular disable wifi on the Hermes?

The Cingular 8500 & 8525 is a high-speed UMTS/HSDPA device that uses the Windows Mobile 5.0 platform. The browser handles xHTML and wCSS very well, and is considered an enhanced xHTML-capable device, similar to the Cingular 8100/8125. This device has a large 2.8" QVGA screen, a slide out full QWERTY keypad, and supports 802.11g WIFI and Bluetooth. The 8525 has a 2 Mega Pixel Camera with Fix Lens/Camcorder and Flash. The 8500 has no camera.
    No. They would not be that mad. I think the blackjack lost wifi however.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 09/09/2006 at 04:39 AM.
    WHEW!! It wasn't listed in that ad above.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    the samsung looks nice but it lacks a touchscreen
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Its not even Christmas yet, but Cingular has chosen to give us all a nice big present.......

Surur

Cingular has not given us crap! the 3125....BIG DEAL!!!