1.    #1  
    I have always been a fan of the Treo and my object of desire seems to be the 650. I have been using the O2 XDA Atom for six months now and though pleased am not overwhelmed. It has not had too many problems and the EDGE is very useful in making surfing bearable. However, as the 700w is out to be followed by the 700p with the announcement of the 750 not far off this seems as good a time to get the 650 as ever. What are my chances of an easy and pleasurable transition to the 650?
    you will love the keyboard and faster feel os
    go for palm os for sure
    Depends on whether or not you can deal with an aging OS. The keyboard is always good though!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    So what does a modern OS like WM5 give over PALM' OS other than saving data to memory? Its memory management is reminiscent of Windows 95/98 though being able to switch between running applications is very useful.
    I guess it boils down to personal preference. I was loyal to the Palm OS too. The Palm OS is definitely simpler, but when I went back to using it after using WM5, something was lacking. One thing, I like PIE better than Blazer. And believe it or not, but I prefer the WM5 calender. Multi-tasking is always good. Other small things, but I guess WM5 grew on me in a way that Garnet did not. One thing I still don't like about WM5 is digging around for what you need if it isn't already in the start menu. I did install WisBar Lite and now I have easier access.

But coming from an Atom, it's like going backwards in hardware features. The 650's bluetooth is the older 1.1. Also no wifi, no FM radio, less RAM. Looks like the processor might be slower too. I wish I could have gotten my hands on an Atom, you don't realize how lucky you are!!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/10/2006 at 09:23 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the honest comments. Yes I know it would be sacrificing a lot for all the reasons you point out. I have considered the newer 700w/700p but we don't have it here yet.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay View Post
    So what does a modern OS like WM5 give over PALM' OS
    Lot's of pretty graphics
  8.    #8  
    Can anyone tell me whether the contact management application on the 650 allows date-of-birth and anniversary fields and if so whether it will automatically seed the calendar with a reminder? WM5 does this (as did SE2003) and it is a critical buying parameter for me.
    Another one is syncing with a Windows pc. Does the 650 sync using Microsoft ActiveSync and will it sync calendar, contacts and notes? I need these as a minimum. Thank you for any help.