1.    #1  
    Reviewer reviews the Pearl Blackberry but will keep his Treo 700p, thank you. AusTexTreo600 Robert....Go 'Horns!!

Read it here.

But the Pearl is a beautiful piece of work, a very nice combination of hard-core email capability and fun features.
    << edit by Septimus: Please don't repost entire articles >>
    I've always found Walt to be very objective and usually very accurate in his timely reviews. It's not surprising that he still sticks to his guns regarding the 700p, but knowing the way his mind works, next week's column may be on the wx.
    That guy is all about Palm so its not to say the 8100 has anything wrong with it. He is still the best tech critic.
    it is my opinion that it is not fair for him to compare the Pearl to the his Treo in the same sentence. the direct comparison (or more fair one) would be the moto-q. the op systems are much more the same (symbian and wm smartphone) and on par with one another in terms of robustness.
    I have the Pearl and like it. I also have the Treo 700wx and miss it. I am debating on going back to the 700wx. I will say having owned the Q and now the Pearl, the Treo feels huge. That's the hardest thing to move away from after using them for a while.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Their seems to be a design flaw in the Pearl with the ball silencing the ringer when recieving a call.

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C9585/
    at&t iPhone3G
    I think it's a good feature, but it's not good that the ball is TOO sensitive.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    it is my opinion that it is not fair for him to compare the Pearl to the his Treo in the same sentence. the direct comparison (or more fair one) would be the moto-q. the op systems are much more the same (symbian and wm smartphone) and on par with one another in terms of robustness.
    While you make sense, its not solid sense. The Treo, as is every other QWERTY toting phone are all competitors with one another as they are all (at this point of smartphone adoption) trying to do the same thing: firm up holds on business users, and open the adoption gates to consumers would could care less about email on the go but want to stay connected.

Yes, adding the Q into his review would have been nice, but Walt really is slightly (more) biased towards the PalmOS due to being spoilt with the Treo's ease of use. That is his watermark; to those who have used WM devices, the Q/700w serve as watermarks, and on and on.

I personally find his reviews ok, but not the gospel. Usually his preferences come thru a bit more than it seems that he wants them too (which lends to the biased voice in many of his pieces). That is not to say that he isnt good, nor that his reviews are wrong, just that they are a small sliver of a big picture of the growing acceptance of smartphones, and some are more usable than others.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    ^^ automobiles are forms of transportation, they all get us to the same place. is it fair to compare an V6 versus a V8? not really. as for Walt, i agree with you completely, his opinion is just that. )
    Bottom line is simple-Treo does more things than any other unit. It's not perfect but ahead of any other smartphone. Those other units have slicker form factor because they don't have as much horsepower. My 2 cents!