1.    #1  
    Are these phones as cool as having a Treo? I wouldnt mind having one since cingular is having a big rebate on them if they are worth it. Thanks in advance.
    JB
    Go with an 8125 (or the soon-to-be-released 8525) and you've got something, well, almost as nice.
    Yeah, get the 8125(or the new model coming soon). Or wait for the HP 6900 line that's also supposed to be coming. The 2125 has only WM Smartphone, not the full WM5. Also, no full keyboard. It texts OK, but T9 emailing may make a Treo user frustrated. Good screen though. It can be a 2nd smartphone, but not the main phone. JMO though. I have it and I like it, but it isn't my main smartphone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    Well, I loved my Treo 650, but didnt want to pay the high cost for the data package with Verizon, so i sold it. I can get the 8125 for the same price as the Treo 650. Which is best of the two?
    JB
    Quote Originally Posted by impalasscars View Post
    Well, I loved my Treo 650, but didnt want to pay the high cost for the data package with Verizon, so i sold it. I can get the 8125 for the same price as the Treo 650. Which is best of the two?
    No definitive answer here. Everyone will have their own opinion on this one. You have to try it out and see which you prefer. T650 is simple and very easy to learn right away. 8125 will take some time to adjust. I found the 8125 to be superior by far for my needs. I also had to give it a few weeks to learn WM5 since I was always used to PalmOS. I also use WiFi a lot on the 8125 and the BT is much better on it too. Sliding keyboard is nice since it is easier to type on, however if you are an email/text junkie, you'll find it annoying to slide out all the time. I don't need it all that much and can do most of what I need without sliding it out or getting the stylus out (thanks smartskey). Again, best thing to do is try the 8125 to see if it will do the job.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the reply. I really wouldnt use this for business. Really for fun and cool points also. I love gadgets like this. So I'm thinking the T650 may be for me then.
    JB
    I'd go with another Treo 650, personally, but if you're picking between a 600 and an 8125, that's a tougher call. The 8125 can overclock to around 250mhz, and reviews I've read say it can run some emulators at speed. The button placement is an issue, however; no two are close enough to B-run and jump in Super Mario Bros!
  8.    #8  
    So the 8125 would be a better pick than the T650? Just trying to make up my mind.
    JB
    Do you want WM5 or the Palm OS?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10.    #10  
    Either I guess. I'm just really getting into these and dont know the difference. Just dont want to buy the T650, and then everyone starts saying you should have gotten the 8125, if you know what I mean.
    JB
    Honestly, the 650 is old considering the 700s and 750(out in Europe, then the US) are out. But then so will the 8125 be when the TyTN comes to Cingular. Perhaps you should wait a few before jumping. They are coming in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by impalasscars View Post
    So the 8125 would be a better pick than the T650? Just trying to make up my mind.
    I'd take a 650 over the 8125, but for some reason I thought the debate was over the 600 versus 8125. It might be worth waiting for the 700 models, but early adopters always get stuck with buggy early firmware; the 650 is old school now, but that just means developers and service providers have had more time to work out the kinks. If you don't need EVDO or the better camera, I'd definitely stick with the tried-and-true 650. You can't even make custom ROMs for the 700 series, just yet!
    The memory increase is a more fundamental reason to wait for all the new models, IMO. Unless he isn't planning on adding a lot to the device. But with the new devices also having UMTS, unless he rarely uses data, the extra speed is a benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The memory increase is a more fundamental reason to wait for all the new models, IMO.
    Ah, wasn't even thinking of that. Not to mention the faster processor ... the up-coming 8525 is fast enough to run Skype over the internal wifi; it'll lag and barely run on the 8125, which runs at a mere 200mhz and only overlocks to 250-something. Not a lot of emulators will run well with full sound and scaling at 250mhz, although the button placement on those HTC models makes gaming a bit of a stretch anyhow. If you go the Windows Mobile route you might want to stick with the new Treos; the buttons are a bit cramped but they're in all the right places.
  15.    #15  
    I really dont know what you mean by Skype and overclocking. I do know, I want all the cool features. Maybe some cool games, be able to check my personal email and send emails from it. You may get the idea.
    JB
    Skype is a voice-over-IP telephony service.. it'd let you make calls over wifi instead of using your minutes, when an access point's in range. Just about any smart phone will check and send mail, but if it's games you want, heed my earlier notice: you won't be able to play most console emulators on an 8125 or the much-improved 8525. The four buttons are on the phone corners, you see, so any game that requires you to press two buttons at once is basically unplayable on that style of phone. If you're talking about stuff like Bejeweled, though, anything that'll be controlled with a stylus, you're fine with either choice. I could never give up my NES emulator, though...
  17.    #17  
    I'm thinking if i wait for the new stuff to come out, then I'll still have to wait until the price drops. I will not be able to pay $500 for a phone.
    JB