1.    #1  

EngadgetMobile has just published a missive from Roc a Fella (he of the Treo 700w leak fame) informing them of upcoming Windows Mobile devices on Verizon CDMA/EVDO network. There are three devices mentioned, the first to be released being the Pantech 820, a Windows mobile Smartphone with a 1.3 Megapixel camera nad miniSD card. This device is apparently due at the end of September. Two further HTC devices, the Titan and Libra are due towards the end of the year. The Libra appears to be a Smartphone, while the Titan is a PocketPC phone. Knowing HTC, the Libra is probably the CDMA version of the HTC Breeze, while the Titan is very likely an EVDO HTC Hermes/TyTN . If its consistent with information we published recently, these devices should initially ship with Rel 0, but be upgradeable to Revision A EVDO, which should allow download speeds of up to 3.1 MB/second, and simultaneous voice and data, like HSDPA.

The timing of this information is interesting (at the eve of Sprint's updated Treo 700wx release . Could Verizon be trying to stop Windows Mobile aficionados from jumping ship to cheaper data rates and more memory?

Read more at EngadgetMobile.com.
    hmmm I might wait to see what these offer before I give the Treo up.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I wouldn't mind seeing a CDMA Startrek. I'm going to be going GSM soon though I think... 3125 is due out for Cingular VERY soon. No 3G in my area so I guess that will do.
    The HTC Libra will be the answer to my prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will not replace my Treo 700w - because it is the perfect business travel phone.. However, during the week, when im at work with access to my computer - i dont need to lug around a big brick.. I was at a football game saturday night and wished i had a small phone i could slip in my pocket.. But i will still be able to use the Direct Push for emails!!

Cant wait!! When is the expected release date of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    while the Titan is very likely an EVDO HTC Hermes/TyTN . If its consistent with information we published recently, these devices should initially ship with Rel 0, but be upgradeable to Revision A EVDO, which should allow download speeds of up to 3.1 MB/second, and simultaneous voice and data, like HSDPA.
    This is what I would jump at the first day if available thru Sprint. No such rumors, eh?
    I emailed HTC about any Windows Smartphones for Verizon in the future and this was their reply:

"Verizon has many more HTC products coming down the line, but due to confidentiality agreements, I cannot disclose which devices, or when."
    Anyone have an expected release date of the HTC Libra?? Q1 is all i've been able to find...